Developing Preschool Skills 1 (KG-1)
• Course Overview: Developing Preschool Skills 1, students are given basic preparation for the focus and discipline of academic achievement with emphasis on cognition and expression – verbal and written. Course topics include: School, Home, Family, and Community; Letters, Numbers, and Sight Words; Being Healthy; 5 senses; Seasons & Weather; Working Together & Problem Solving
• Unit 1 - I Am Special In this unit, students learn that they are important and special. They learn about daily tasks such as waking up in the morning, dressing themselves, going to school, and interacting with helpers at school. They learn about capital and lowercase letters, about spelling their names, and about signing the ABC's.
• Unit 2 - Friends Are Special In this unit, students learn about making friends, what friends are, and what they are like. They learn about sharing. They learn the ABC song. They learn to recognize the letter A; and learn the sound that it makes. They learn sight words that start with the letter A. They learn about the number 1. They learn about caring about and sharing with friends; and learn about playing together. They learn about the concepts of up and down; and learn a sight word song about the word "and."
• Unit 3 - School is Fun In this unit, students review an ABC book, and learn about getting ready for the day. They learn the sight word song for the word "are," and learn about energy. They review the letter A; and talk about carrying things in their backpacks. They learn to recognize the letter M, learn the sound that it makes, and learn sight words that begin with the letter M. They learn sight word songs for the words "me" and "my" They learn about the number 2. They learn about rhyming, talk about the concept of how many, and discuss polygons and other shapes.
• Unit 4 - Families Are Important In this unit students focus on families. They learn how they can help their family; and learn the life skills of unloading the dishwasher and setting the table. They learn about chores, and the rooms in the house. They learn the letter T, the sound that it makes, and sight words that start with the letter T. They learn sigh word songs for the words "this," "to," and "the." They learn about animals, and about animal mothers and babies. They learn about animal families, and about wild animals. They learn the number 3, and they learn to say their ABC's.
• Unit 5 - Being a Good Neighbor In this unit, students focus on neighbors. They learn what a neighbor is, and what is in a neighborhood. They learn more about friends. They learn to recognize the letter P, they learn the sound that it makes, and they learn sight words that start with the letter P. The also learn the number 4, and they learn the sight word song for the word "play." They learn about big and little letters.
• Unit 6 - Helpers in My Community In this unit students learn about different careers they might choose when they grow up, by learning about the careers of people around them. They learn that they can choose to be whatever they want to be. They learn the letters P and O, the sounds that they make, and sight words that begin with the letters P and O. They learn about maps and begin to learn to read them. They learn about attitude, and they learn to identify sets of things within their neighborhood.
• Unit 7 - We Have Five Senses In this unit students learn that they have five senses, and they learn about each one: sight, smell, hearing, taste, and touch. They learn how we use our senses. They learn the letter N, the sound that it makes, and sight words that start with the letter N. They learn the numbers 3, 4, and 5, and learn the concept of next.
• Unit 8 - Nature All Around In this unit students focus on nature. They learn what nature is, and how they can enjoy it. They learn about habitats and rocks. They learn about observing things outside, keeping a nature scrapbook, and going for a nature walk. They learn that nature surrounds us. They learn the letter N, and the number 6. They learn about sounds that we hear in nature. They discuss outdoor activities, including camping, fishing, and bear hunting. They learn camping signs.
• Unit 9 - Weather and Colors In this unit, students learn what weather is, and what it feels like. They also learn about colors. They learn the letter C, what it sounds like, and sight words that begin with the letter C. They learn a sight word song for the word "can," and learn about where colors occur in our world. They learn about the number 7.
• Unit 10 - The Four Seasons In this unit students focus on the seasons. They discuss being ready for the seasons, what each season is like, and learn about watching the weather. They also learn about the letters C and D, and the number 8.
• Unit 11 - Countries of the World In this unit students focus on different countries. They learn about America, China, Germany, Italy, and Brazil. They learn about the letter U and the number 9.
• Unit 12 - Many Kinds of Animals In this unit students learn the names and signs for different animals, and they learn about handling challenges. They also learn about the letter S and the number 10.
• Unit 13 - The Farm In this unit students learn about more animals -- including wild animals; but focusing on farm animals. They learn about what animals eat. They also learn about the letter G.
• Unit 14 - Animals in the Wild In this unit students focus on wild animals, including animals found in the ocean, insects, and jungle animals. They learn the concept of big and little, and the concept of sets with a focus on sets of animals. They also learn about the letter H.
• Unit 15 - Building and Construction In this lesson students focus on working together to build things, how to build things, and the power of believing that you can do things. They learn about food art, and review ABC signs. They also learn about the letter F.
• Unit 16 - Chores are Fun In this unit students focus on chores. They learn that they can do things to help, and that families work and play together. They learn about big jobs and little jobs, and that being little is a good thing. They learn about the letter F, and about units of time.
• Unit 17 - Tools and Projects In this unit students learn about tools and projects. They learn what tools are, and that they are able to use them. They learn to plan a project and to measure. They learn about work machines; and matching the size of the machine to the size of the job. They also learn about the letter B.
• Unit 18 - The City In this unit students focus on cities. They learn what a city is and how to be safe on the street. They learn about the vehicles that are found in cities, how numbers are used for shopping, what kinds of helpers are in communities, and what signs are found in a city. They are introduced to the concept of money and learn about coins. They also learn about the letter L.
• Unit 19 - The Country In this unit students focus on the Country. They learn what the country is, food on the farm, and three signs to use about the country. They also learn about picnics, and the letter E.
• Unit 20 - Healthy Foods In this unit students learn about healthy foods. They learn that they can choose healthy foods, how to be safe and what foods are found in the kitchen, how to bake a cake, and how to make a pizza. They learn about food that builds healthy bodies, and they learn about the letter R. They also learn the concept of sorting.
• Unit 21 - Parts of My Body In this unit students learn different parts of the body. They also learn the concept of more and less, and they learn about the letter W.
• Unit 22 - Exercise and Fitness In this unit students learn to exercise. They learn about using their feet, about the benefits of exercise, and about the Letter K.
• Unit 23 - Sports and Games In this unit students learn about sports and games. They learn the names of various sports, how to be a good sport, what a score is, and how to be safe around water. They also learn about the letter X and begin to learn about the letter K.
• Unit 24 - I Am Getting Bigger In this unit students learn about growing, about how we need the sun, about the concept of short and tall, and about having a healthy routine. They also learn about opposites, and about the letter V.
• Unit 25 - Growing Plants In this unit students learn about plants. They learn what roots, stems, and leaves are, and about taking care of plants. They learn about garden plants, the process of plant growth from seed to plant, how to make a garden, and growing apple and peach trees. They also learn about the letter Y.
• Unit 26 - Changes in the Garden In this unit students learn signs for things that are outside. They learn about how plants grow in a garden, and about harvest time. They begin to learn about patterns, and how to predict what's next. They also learn about the letter Z.
• Unit 27 - Cowboy Roundup In this unit students focus on cowboys, rhyming, and days of the week. They learn about counting, signs for the days of the week, and about the letter J.
• Unit 28 - Space and Planets In this unit students focus on space. They learn about our Earth as a planet, and they learn signs for things in space. They learn about our solar system and the planets it contains, about outer space, and about the sun. They learn about space travel and the moon, and they learn the order of the planets in our solar system. The also learn about the letter Q.
• Unit 29 - Music and Letters In this unit students learn about music and musical instruments. They learn to march to music, review the ABC's, and learn about having a positive attitude.
• This level is appropriate for 3 year olds
Developing Preschool Skills 2 (KG-2)
• Course Overview: Continuing their training from Developing Preschool Skills 1, students receive instruction and practice with language – aural, visual, and kinesthetic (signing) and the beginning concepts in math and science, while developing their social interaction skills.
• Unit 1 – You Are Important! This unit covers personal worth, introduces signing, and discusses names, gender, age, the numbers 1-5, counting 0-5 and signing 1-5, colors, eye and hair color, and height.
• Unit 2 – Starting Your Day This unit discusses morning, noon, and night, attitude, personal hygiene, dressing, signs for clothing and making the bed, how to make a bed, eating breakfast, sets of fruit, the numbers 6-10, signing the numbers 6-10, getting ready for the day, yes, and no.
• Unit 3 – I Can Read! This unit introduces reading and discusses what letters are, the letters A, B, C, and D, signing the ABC's, capital and lowercase letters, how letter sounds make words, sight words we, can, I, a, like, the, to, have, go, see, making sentences, and signing sentences.
• Unit 4 – Math is Fun This unit introduces math and discusses sets, matching numerals 1-5, sorting sets, tools, patterns, ordering numbers, the letters E, F, G, and H, the concepts of more and less, the numbers 11-15, counting and signing the numbers 11-15, the concepts of same and different, the numbers 16-20, counting and signing the numbers 16-20, and introduction to addition, and story problems.
• Unit 5 – Times and Seasons This unit discusses time, minutes, analog and digital clocks, morning, afternoon, evening, signs for morning, afternoon, and evening, today, yesterday, tomorrow, the letters I and J, the signs for I and J, sight words is and play, days of the week and their signs, weeks, months, and years, calendars, seasonal changes, things that happen in spring, summer, autumn, and winter, and seeds and how they grow.
• Unit 6 – What's Cooking? This unit discusses how cooks need to read and do math, choosing healthy foods, our need for food, food words and signs, how to make a menu, how to read a recipe, sets of less, sets in a recipe, kitchen safety, comparing temperature, kitchen signs, garnishes, manners, cleaning up, the letters K and L, and sight words are, for, you, and this.
• Unit 7 – Animals Are My Friends This unit discusses animals, mother and baby animals, animal signs and sounds, farms, what animals need to live, the concept of large, larger and largest, building sentences, addition practice, how related animals can be different, caring for pets, animals in the wild, addition stories, the sight words do, and, what, and little, and the letters M, N, O, and P.
• Unit 8 – An Adventure in Camping This unit discusses camping, where we might go to camp, tents, triangles, signs for camping, needs and wants, packing for camp, subtraction, subtraction signs, sentence building, picnic shapes, being wise around water, stars, constellations, the letters Q, R, S, and T and their signs, and the sight words said, here, and was.
• Unit 9 – My Home This unit discusses families, activities for families, your home, doing chores at home, washing your hands, unloading the dishwasher, setting the table, making your home brighter, addition, sentence building, signs for things in your house, subtraction, meal time manners, being on time, the sight words she, he, look, and has, and the letters U and V and their signs.
• Unit 10 – My Neighborhood This unit discusses neighborhoods, signs and rules that help keep us safe, school rules, neighborhood signs, counting, the library, addition, park signs, sentence building, making a difference in your neighborhood, the letters W, X, Y, and Z and their signs, and the sight words with, my, me, and where.
• This level is appropriate for 4 year olds
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service