|Indira National School|
|Year Plan for Std. VII|
|Months / Days||Working Days||Lesson No & Name||Activity / Practical - Think Labs||SEA|
|April||21||Lesson No. 1 Nutrition in plants||1. Observing stomata in leaves. |
2. Observation of specimen, charts, videos and images from Edurite board.
3. Collecting pictures of plants with different types of modes of nutrition
|Lesson No. 3 Fibre to Fabric|
1. To make a chart on different types of silks available in India
|Lesson No. 7 Weather, Climate and |
Adaptations of animals of climate
|1. Prepare a weekly weather report.|
2. Prepare a chart of different animals living in different climatic conditions along with their adaptations.
3. Watch videos and images on Edurite board.
|June||15||Lesson No. 2 Nutrition in animals||1. Observing different types of teeth. |
2. Identify types of teeth.
3. To observe the slides of amoeba and hydra.
4. Think lab activity: Digestive System.
5. Videos : mode of nutrition in insectivores plants.
|July||24||Lesson No. 5 Acids, Bases and Salts||1. Preparation of natural indicators and checking the nature of substances. |
2. Think Lab activities : Colour Chemistry.
3. Checking the nature of substances with litmus paper.
4. Checking the nature of substance using synthetic indicator
|Lesson No. 13 Motion and Time||1. Calculate the speed of different objects. |
2. Plot distance time graph.
4. Think lab activity: Marble Run
|August||25||Lesson No. 10 Respiration in organisms||1. Effect of breathing on chest size. |
2. Model to show mechanism of breathing.
3. Think lab activity : Breathe in and Breathe out.
|Lesson 6 Physical and Chemical changes||1. Demonstration of burning Magnesium wire,|
2. Reaction between copper sulphate and iron
3. Think lab activity : Challenge the change.
|September||20||Lesson No. 4 Heat||1. Measuring temperatures of different objects using thermometer.|
2. Activity to show the transfer of heat by conduction in solids.
3. Activity to show the transfer of heat by convection in liquids.
4. Chart stating the difference between conduction, convection and radiation.
5. Think lab activity : Convection Current.
|Mid term Exam|
Activity on L-7 Weather, Climate and adaptation
of Animals to Climate
|October||23||Lesson No. 9 Soil||1. Activity to:find percolation rate of three different soil samples.|
2. Activity: To find % of absorption of water in different soil samples.
3. Present the data obtained in the above activities on a chart paper
|Lesson No. 14 Electric current and its effects||1. Make an electromagnet.|
2. Think lab activity : Theft Alarm.
|Lesson No. 8 Wind, Storms and Cyclones||1. Think lab activity : Storm Creator.|
2. Prepare a chart of different natural disasters that have struck our country in last ten years.
3. Demonstration of activities based on air pressure.
|November||15||Lesson No. 11 Transportation in Animals and Plants||1. Observe the model of human heart|
2. Draw a well labeled diagram of human heart and excretory system on a chart paper
3. Think lab activity : Pumping the heart, Expell the unwanted.
|Lesson No. 16 Water: A precious resource||1. Collect clippings from magazines, newspapers and internet about water shortage.|
2. Make slogans about saving water.
3. List five individual or household activities which result in unnecessary loss of water and think of measures / alternatives which will help in saving water
|December||18||Lesson No. 18 Waste water story||1. Collect information about the waste water treatment plants.|
2. Watch several videos, images and animations about water treatment on Edurite board..
3. List few individual or household activities which might result in contamination of water and think of corrective actions.
|Lesson No. 15 Light||1. Observe the type of images formed by a plane, concave and convex mirror. |
2. Observe the type of images formed by concave and convex lens
3. Think Lab Activity: a) Optical tube, b) Locate the image
|January||23||Lesson No. 17 Forest : Our lifeline||1. Watch several videos, images and animations on Edurite board.|
2. Collect information on forest products.
3 Collect pictures of endangered plants.
|Lesson No. 12 Reproduction in Plants||1. Watch several videos, images and animations on Edurite board. |
2. Collect information on agents of seed dispersal and examples of seeds dispersed by them.
3. Make a chart of the types of asexual reproduction.
|Activity on L-17 Forests: Our lifeline|
|Science Portion for Assessment|
|Assessments||Lesson No & Name|
|PT1||Lesson No. 1 Nutrition in plants|
|Lesson No. 2 Nutrition in animals|
|Mid term||Lesson No. 1 Nutrition in plants|
|Lesson No. 2 Nutrition in animals|
|Lesson No. 4 Heat|
|Lesson No. 5 Acids, Bases and Salts|
Lesson No. 6 Physical and Chemical changes
|Lesson No. 10 Respiration in organisms|
|Lesson No. 13 Motion and Time|
|PT2||Lesson No. 9 Soil|
Lesson No. 11 Transportation in Animals and Plants
Lesson No. 14 Electric current and its effects