|May 29, 2017|
1. The online Google Sheets file that had been used to submit black hole data is going away, effective immediately. We will miss her. But not really.
2. The new web application will allow users to submit black hole data, plus MORE types of data including
whether or not you have a base at that location. Seriously, check out all the new features as soon as you can, including the map!
3. Advanced users will be able to submit multiple black holes in BULK using a new spreadsheet template that you will
be able to download, save on your own, and then upload (the exported .CSV file) back up to the site. It's amazing.
GREETINGS TRAVELERS! PLEASE READ:
The bulk sheet is ready - you can download a copy for your use right now by clicking on "File Upload" on the new
Single-entry is also up and running if you want to submit one black hole at a time. If you have any questions about any of this, hit us up on Discord.
We have rolled out our BRAND NEW web-based submission system to go along with our newly redesigned
Distance and Route Calculator. Please let us know if you have any issues with either tool.
4. You will need to log into the new web application to submit data. We DO NOT MAKE USE of any email info. We ask
that you log in for troubleshooting purposes and to also make life easier so that you don't have to submit your
username, platform, and galaxy details every. single. time. See? That's awesome! In addition, we are working to allow
If you would like to submit NEW BLACK HOLE DATA, please point your browser to:
you to log in using Google, Twitch, github, and other systems. Because reasons, and Steve is awesome.
Instructions on how to use the new site and related info is at that location.
5. CURRENT/PREVIOUS RESEARCHERS - At your earliest convenience, please log into the new application and claim your playername that you
If you would like to calculate a new route for a long-distance journey, the new Distance and Route Calculator (DaRC) is at:
used (in Google Sheets) in the past. We are doing everything we can to protect historical data but it would help us if you did that as soon as possible!
A detailed Travel Guide that documents how to make a long trip using strategic black holes
After you log in and register your previous playername, all of the black holes that you submitted in the past will automatically appear on the bottom part
is also at that link.
|of the screen.|
6. Full documentation for the new web application and the new DaRC is being completed as quickly as possible. Both tools are fairly
Post on our subreddit:
intuitive, but in the interest of making things as easy as possible (especially for new No Man's Sky players) we are going to provide as much
Find us on Discord:
information as we can, as quickly as we can. We love typing every night until 3am. Really.
Number of Black Holes Logged as of
Number of Black Hole Researchers
(Gek for "Just. One. More.")