|29th April 2019||Write a review of your homework project:|
1. How much time did you spend on your eco-box? How did you divide your time?
2. What have you learnt about your chosen ecosystem?
3. Were you happy with your finished eco-bow? Why?
4. How do you feel your presentation went? Why?
5. what would you do differently next time? Why?
|Wednesday 1st May|
|14th Jan 2019||Create a title page for our new unit ' Ecosystems'. Ensure you include images please.||Wednesday 16th Jan|
|21st Jan 2019||Please learn the following words for a spelling test:|
9. Food Web
|Monday 28th Jan|
|4th Feb||Complete your map by writing a description about each ecosystem. You need to use your climate and weather around the world descriptions to help you do this.||Wednesday 6th Feb|
|11th Feb/25th Feb/4th March/11th March/18th March||Your prep for for the 2nd half of the Lent term is to make an eco-box for the ecosystem you have chosen. In order to do this successfully you need to:|
1. Research your chosen Ecosystem. I would suggest that you research the following: where is it found in the world and why? what is its climate like? what animals and plants do you find there? can you create a food web to show how feeding works in your chosen ecosystem? how have plants and animals adapted to live there? nutrient cycle - how does it differ? What impact are humans having on this ecosystem and why?
2. Once you have finished your ecosystem you then need to make your eco-box. This should visual show what your ecosystem looks like BUT also be decorated with all the information you have gathered. It should be in enough detail that another student could learn all about your chosen ecosystem.
Examples are in my room if you are unsure how to present it!
|Easter Prep||Begin your summer assessment revision by creating some revision material that you can use. Remember, you will be assessed the unit ECOSYSTEMS only.||Bring in your revision material the first lesson back after Easter|
|10th Sept 2018||Create a title page for our new unit 'population and migration'. Ensure you include some images.||Wednesday 12th Sept|
|17th Sept 2018||Using the internet, find and print a LINE graph. Then use the structure we have looked at in class to describe what your graph shows||Wednesday 19th Sept|
|1st Oct||Write up the 'Jelly Baby' game. You should include what you countries population structure was at the start, what it was at the end and why it changed||3rd Oct|
|8th October||If you did not finish plotting your graph and annotating this in class you must finish this for homework.||10th Oct|
|15th Oct||No prep set due to Senior challenge|
|29th Oct||Complete the question sheet on population pyramids||31st Oct|
|5th, 12th and 19th Nov||Please spend your prep time revising for your Michaelmas assessments|