|About the COVID-19 Research Project Tracker|
|GloPID-R and UKCDR have developed a live database of funded research projects on COVID-19 that will help funders and researchers identify gaps and opportunities and inform future research investments or coordination needs.|
|This is a live database of funded research projects across the world related to the current COVID-19 pandemic. By providing an overview of research projects mapped against the priorities identified in the WHO Coordinated Global Research Roadmap, we aim to support funders and researchers deliver a more effective and coherent global research response.|
|Who is this tracker for?|
|▪ Research funders and researchers– looking to identify areas of unmet need, coordination needs, or collaborative opportunities|
|▪ Anyone interested in up-to date information about COVID-19 research|
|How can I add information to this database?|
|Funders and research organisations can email email@example.com to provide datasets to UKCDR, ask questions on the data or provide feedback on the dashboard.|
|UKCDR can extract information from any source document, but we encourage funders to collect the data fields described in the tab "Field List"|
|The database will be updated within ca. 48 hours of a funding decision being announced and a new version will be uploaded to https://www.ukcdr.org.uk/funding-landscape/covid-19-research-project-tracker/|
|Link to website|
|How do I navigate this workbook?|
|This workbook contains the following tabs:|
▪ Datasets: A list of all datasets included in the "Research Projects" and "Heatmap vs Research Priorities" tabs.
▪ Heatmap vs. Research Priorities: Maps the number of research projects and awarded funding (where data is available) against the research priorities in the WHO Coordinated Global Research Roadmap: 2019 Novel Coronavirus. The source data can be found in the "Research Projects" tab.
|WHO Research Roadmap|
|▪ WHO ICTRP DAC List Analysis: A Pivot table allowing an analysis of trials registered on WHO ICTRP that involve research in DAC List Countries|
▪ WHO Research Priorities: A complete list of the research priorities contained in the WHO Research Roadmap, for reference
▪ WHO Immediate Research Actions: A list of the research actions contained in the WHO Research Roadmap, for reference. Some projects in the All Projects tab have been classified against these actions, but the classification is still in progress.
▪ Research Projects: A list of funded research projects. Currently includes mainly grants awarded through new funding calls, but will in due course also contain relevant existing / repurposed grants. Additional data visualisations are in progress.
▪ Clinical Trials: A list of clinical trials taken from the WHO International Clinical Trials Registry Platform (ICTRP), with additional categorisation agaist DAC List category, region, drugs/biologics name and study population
▪ Funding Calls: A list of open funding calls. This is not an exhaustive list of all relevant funding calls, but provides an overview of the timeline for upcoming funding decisions and expected Tracker updates.
▪ Field List: A decryption of the data fields in the "Research Projects" tab
▪ Useful Links: Other useful resources such as databases and websites
|The UK Collaborative on Development Research (UKCDR) is a group of government departments and research funders working in international development.|
|UKCDR exists to amplify the value and impact of research for global development by promoting coherence, collaboration and joint action among UK research funders.|
|We are a neutral and impartial entity governed by the Strategic Coherence of ODA-funded Research (SCOR) Board.|
|GloPID-R is a network of funding organizations investing in infectious diseases research preparedness and response.|
|GloPID-R is the only alliance of its kind to bring together research funding organizations on a global scale to facilitate an effective and rapid research of a significant outbreak of a new or re-emerging infectious disease with epidemic and pandemic potential.|