|Inclusive Excellence Submission for|
|The Campus Climate Office provides a variety of services and support that relate directly to Inclusive Excellence. The following is a brief snapshot of what we do!|
1. We provide trainings and programs to both the campus and La Crosse communities. This past year our office provided 71 programming opportunities regarding a variety of social justice and inclusive issues. One of our most effective and consciousness-raising trainings is our Awareness through Performance initiative that reaches approximately 2,000 campus and community members every year.
2. Our office serves as a leader in a variety of diversity-centered committees, organizations, and groups including: Campus Climate Council, the Hate Response Team, Diversity Organization Coalition, and the Inclusive Excellence work groups.
3. The Campus Climate Office houses a variety of resources such as a book/media library, online tutorials, and other useful links for students, faculty and staff to explore the diversity around them. We also provide upkeep for the diversity calendar in the EMS calendaring system that the University has recently adopted.
4. We continue to enhance our knowledge by attending workshops, conferences, and programs both on and off campus (most notably the White Privilege conference this past April).
5. Our office is the home of the Hate Incident Reporting Form from which we look at trends to provide proper training and programming to raise awareness of social justice issues. We work closely with the Office of Student Life to insure that students are getting their immediate needs met.
6. The Campus Climate Office provides a safe space for students to study, have dialogue, learn from each other and grow. We also provide support for students, faculty and staff who walk in just wanting to talk about an experience they had on campus or in the community.
|Click here to enter unit goals or accomplishments.|