|Parkview Professional Learning Community|
|Kindergarten Team: |
Matthew Neeley, Donn Harrison, Sara Feiden, Jennifer Todd, Ricki Oehring, Melissa Francis, Whitney Howk
|Team Roles||1st Qtr.||2nd Qtr.||3rd Qtr.||4th Qtr.||Team Norms: |
We will use our time wisely by starting and ending our meetings on time. We will have clear goals or agendas for meetings. We will stay fully engaged with the task at hand. We will use technology appropriately and professionally. We will listen with respect and consider matters from another's perspective. We will not complain about a problem unless we can offer a solution. We will always make decisions based on what is best for the students.
|Facilitator||Todd & Harrison||same|
|Data Keeper||Neeley & Howk||same|
|Date:||Team Members Absent:||Agenda & Action Items:|
*BOY assessment being given before Tues, Aug 23th. During collab on Weds, Aug 24th we will discussed our data.
*Class data sheet for each quarter assemssent and date that student mastered each standard.
* Todd will give out 1st quarter assessments early September so that we can assess as needed.
* Feiden will give out a class data recording sheet
|8/17/16||*lesson plans complete for Aug 22-26|
|8/24/16||* lesson plans for Aug 29-Sept 2|
*Sept 12th is Community Helpers unit for Science/Science Sept 7-9th.
*Dragon Time teacher introduction starting Aug 29-Sept 8th. Create Dragon time groups with students data from BOY assessment Weds, Sept 31st.
* Filled out the BOY Evaluation class numbers
|8/31/16||Oehring||Agenda: (1) lesson plans (2) assign which class does which community helper (cards), (3) assign students to dragon time groups|
*lesson plans complete for Sept 5-9
*Police: Harrison, Feiden Fire: Neeley, Francis EMS: Todd, Oehring
*Created Dragon reading rotation rooms for middle of Sept, placed kids in rooms
|9/6/16||Agenda: (1) lesson plans (2) finalize dragon time groups (3) Sept. Benchmark <running records> what should K do? |
*lesson plans complete for Sept 12-16
*dragon time groups are ready to begin Sept 12
*Beginning of year K assessment will serve as our September "benchmark" - throughout the month of September we will "progress monitor" the students who require RTI in letters
|9/14/16||Agenda: (1) lesson plans for 9/19-9/23 & 9/26-9/30 complete (2) Check on dragon time groups- we will test our own class on letters and then report to group and re-group dragon groups (3) SMART goals- created new Smart goals on 1 ELA(lowercase letters) and 1 Math- by Weds Sept 21st assess students in counting (4) Cayla-read to students-rdg logs Watched a Jane Jackson small group Kindergarten reading group video from last year|
|9/21/16||Feiden||Agenda: (1) meet with Jane Jackson - discussed progress of implementing small group stations, guided reading lessons, phonemic awareness instruction|
(1) lesson plans for 10/3 to 10/6
(2) SMART goals in Math counting to 20, ELA- lowercase and captial letter recognition and Dragon Time- lowercase letter recognition
(3) Reading log schedule (Margaret & Cayla)- Jennifer gave us a schedule for Margaret reading
(4) Mustangs reading program - yes or no?- We decided as a team to do the Mustangs reading program. Sara emailed the Mustangs reading coordinator and we are signed up to do the program since we already take the data from Reading Logs. Students get 1 ticket for every 10 books they read.
(5) SLO- count to 20 by 1's
(6) Share Station Idea- we all shared a station idea. A Kindergarten Literacy and Math stations folder was created on the shared drive under Kindergarten to share stations with our team.
(7) Dragon Time groups- New groups will begin Oct 11th. Have new student data on lowercase letter recogntion taken before next collab so that we can create new groups.
|10/5/16||Neeley, Harrison, Howk||Agenda:|
(1) lesson plans for Oct 10-14
(2) Assign students to new Dragon Time groups
(3) Look over Tier III doc (if Angie is present)
(1) lesson plans for oct 17-21
(2) Finalize new dragon time groups to begin Tues Oct 11
(3) No COLLAB Wed/Thurs (12th or 13th)
4) Finalize Hay Bale design and spray paint colors for 10/18
1) Lesson plans for Oct 24-28th
2) Janet Smith talked about Special Ed referral process
1) Lesson plans for Oct 31-Nov4 . . . finished
2) Grandparent's Day activities discussed- all doing a Kindergarten grandparents book
3) 1st quarter data inputed- only counted students that had an "n-Needs improvement" for the quarter data
4) New Dragon Time groups - will begin Monday Nov 7
1) Lesson plans for Nov 7-11 . . . finished
2) PD with Angie . . . post-poned until next collab
3) Look over new dragon time groups . . . ready to start Mon Nov 7
1) Lesson plans for Nov 14-18 - done
2) PD with Angie- talked about Acuity testing, possibly doing a practice Acuity test for students to do to be more prepared to be successful at Acuity testing. Talked about making sure we took the survey about Guided reading. Talked about the leveled guided reading books library that is Ormsby's room.
3) Techology: Rush is going to get earphones & power strips for each class for your classroom for our laptops. Possibly getting ipads for classrooms.
4) Todd is going to cover ELA on Monday for Feiden doing curriculum day on Monday,Nov 14th
1) Lesson plans for Nov 21-22 . . . finished
2) Lesson plans for Nov 28-Dec2 . . . finished
3) Ormsby - 1st Semester Acuity test . . . looked over ELA and Math 1st Semester tests; approved test items
4) Kindergarten will have to create a practice test for Acuity to make sure that students are more prepared to take a computer Acuity test- Monday, Nov 28th to Dec2nd. Mrs. Ormsby created practice test and assigned to all Kindergarten students.
5) Ricki shared ideas from her MSTA conference