General rules & Equipment:
1. Good sportsmanship must be stressed and maintained at all times.
2. Conduct of spectators watching the game is the responsibility of the Manager/Coaches. No foul language, smoking or alcoholic beverages in the entire park.
3. Players are encouraged to cheer for their teammates however no negative chanting is permitted.
4. Players must wear full uniforms at all times, including baseball pants, shirt, and hat. Players without pants or hats are not allowed to play. No shorts are allowed.
5. All male players are required to wear athletic supporter with cup.
6. Each catcher must wear a protective cup, mask, throat protector, hard hat, chest protector and shin guards during games and while warming up pitchers.
7. Baseball shoes must have rubber spikes on the bottom. Metal spikes are not permitted.
8. All batters/baserunners must wear helmets.
9. All players must play the field during a game. No Designated Hitters.
10. Player positions must be rotated. Every 2 innings is recommended. All players must get an opportunity to play in the infield during a game.
11. Universal batting order- all players must bat in the order. Lineups to be varied each game.
12. No on-deck batter swinging a bat. Only the batter shall have a bat in his hands.
13. No unsupervised bat swinging or ball throwing on sidelines.
14. Parents are not allowed to stand behind the batting cage during games.
15. Parents are not allowed in the dugout during games. Parents are not to take charge of a team. Teams are the responsibility of the Manager and Coaches.
16. All injuries must be reported to the League Safety Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours.
17. Majors & Minor: A defensive outfield shall consist of 3 players that must play on the grass. Only 4 infielders are allowed.
18. AAA: A defensive Outfield shall consist of 4 players that must play on the grass. If playing with 4 outfielders, outffielders are prohibited from throwing runners out at first base with the exception of a fly ball double play.
19. Players may be skipped in the lineup for injury or early departure. A player who arrives late can enter the game at any time but must bat at the end of the batting order.
20. Speed up rule: There are no courtesy runners permitted. The speed up rule, for catchers only, may be applied if there are two outs. The runner used must be the last batted out.
21. NO seeds, gum, or metal cleats on turf fields or mounds. Failure to follow this rule can result in ejection from park and forfeiture of game.
|Weather Conditions / Lightning:|
1. Poor weather prior to the start of the game – Managers to call the field hotline number at (516) 749-8635 or access the league website at www.bethpagebaseball.org to find out if fields are open. The hotline will be updated by 9:00am on weekends and by 4:00pm during the weeknight games.
2. Poor weather after the start of the game – Umpires to determine if fields are in continued playing condition and will stop games if player safety is at risk. If thunder or lightning is heard or seen nearby during a game, the game is to be stopped immediately. The game may resume after twenty continuous minutes without thunder or lightning. The umpire will call the game after three thunder or lightning delays. Safety is of primary concern.
3. It is an official game after four innings if the game is called for darkness or any other weather condition. The home team must bat four innings if they are losing for the game to be official. The game will revert to the last completed inning if the game is called in the middle of an inning.
Umpire / Ground Rules:
1. Ground rules and divisional rules will be discussed between the Managers and Umpires prior to the start of the game.
2. Umpires are to be respected. No foul language from players, coaches or parents towards them.
3. If a question arises pertaining to a disputed call or rule interpretation, the team manager, and only the team manager, shall have a calm discussion with the home plate umpire.
4. Only the umpire can grant timeout to a player once the play is considered over by the umpire. Managers can instruct the player to call a timeout which the umpire may elect to grant.
5. If a manager, coach, parent or player is ejected from a game they must leave the field immediately. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture. Note: an ejected person should not be able to be seen or heard by the umpire.
6. Balls and strikes will not be argued. Umpires calls are final. There is a zero tolerance rule regarding complaints directed at child umpires. Adults are not allowed to question their calls during a game.
7. Bat/Helmet throwing is prohibited and may result in ejection from the game by the umpire.
1. There is usually a mound of clay near the backstop to fill in holes, please use that as necessary. Do not dig up dirt from the ground nearby and put on the infields. The School District, Town, & BBAI spend money every year on clay for the infields.
2. Speedy Dry Usage - the maximum number of bags per game is three. Overuse will not be tolerated.
3. Puddles: No infield dirt can be raked onto the infield/outfield grass. Clay stays on the infield. The fields must be left in the condition that they are found in.
4. Bring a rake or shovel with you if you think you’ll need one.
5. Managers/coaches are responsible to clean out their dugouts of left behind garbage. This is your town keep it clean!
1. All players must be registered for intramurals and play in at least sixty percent of intramural games played in order to be eligible to play travel. Exceptions to the minimum game requirement will be considered by the Bethpage Board in special circumstances.
|2. Rules of play for travel games and tournaments are established and enforced by the organization operating the games/tournaments.|