Remember Tomorrow - Elena vs Wan Brothers Multi National - Face Off Scene
 Share
The version of the browser you are using is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a supported browser.Dismiss

 
Comment only
 
 
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZAAABAC
1
Turn type
(GM/Player)
Actual playConcordances starting with keywordKeywordNotesUnused concordances#NAME?
2
3
GMWhere is Elena?Right now, I know more than Elena as a character does, so I'm the GM in this turn. hardened she shook her head i
4
playerI'm at a kind of historical industrial park from a century ago. These parks sort of ring the old core of the city. as a kind of historical park parkRandom roll on RT's location table:
Roll(2d10)+0:
9,1,+0

I check both 9,1 and 1,9

Zoo/park at 11pm
Or
Subway at 2:35am

Search for "subway" did not return any concordances.
Search for "park" returned some.
he saw the dark eyes harden
5
manhattan outlines of hundred-year-old industrial parksback into the dark but it
6
parks ringing the old core ofall your life for one zaibatsu
7
GMOK. What are you doing there?the train reached case is station
8
PlayerI'm on my way to check out the Singaporean contacts that Bankcroft had in Shinjuku. They may have a connection to the bank that operates in that area.

A Singaporean contact I have told me that the some of the bank's executives like to drink at this bar in the area.
singapore did the old new banksingapSearch for "park" did not return anything useful.

She was ordered to take care of Bancroft's family, but she also had found some Singaporean contacts. I'll flip a coin as to what thread I'll use to look for concordances first: singaporean contacts. That means keywords "singapore", "shinjuku", "bank" maybe.

The concordance "for his employers drunk in singapore" made me think of executives drinking at a bar and, holy s#!+, I just realized I can make that bar...
against the wall of the station
9
singapore tokyo connections in shinjuku andstation freeside pulsing beneath it in
10
head i got people in singaporestation he stepped out and caught
11
for his employers drunk in singaporeto leave for the jal station
12
GMOK. That bar is called Lonny Zone's. It's an ex-pat bar, but for some reason these banker execs like it there.

As you are making your way there, you get a call from Simao:

"Change of plans. Meet me at Oshiage station in Sumida ward."

It's an underground station that you know.
...Sarah's bar! Why not!

Got Oshiage from the wikipedia link listed on the next column. Rolled a 1d12.
station he looked down at it
13
PlayerI can't put my finger on it, but the sense of timing doesn't make much sense. I'm going to stay in the shadows as much as possible on my way to the metro and when I'm there. This is a murderous zaibatsu after all.sense of timing case fingered the senseSearch for "metro" (alternative to subway), "Assassin" (which she is), "sense" (stretching the search a bit based on her jacked senses). Found an entry that made sense (no pun intended)

entries for "metro" suggested the cautious approach, but not the why of it. The other keyword entries provided the reasoning.
brothers she had not seen him
14
it did not make much sensebrother i create my own personality
speak with you unlike my brother
15
moving in the shadows behind metrometrobrothers wan converse wi you an
16
zaibatsu by assassinating a dozen keyzaibatsuhard to explain case a sense
17
GMYou cautiously make your way to the subway station without any incident. When you get there, you see Simao's Mercedes parked on the street. His driver, Kenshin Yamada, is outside eating organic carrot sticks as usual. asked molly as the mercedes parkedparkI'm thinking that Simao is going to know her well enough at least to predict that she'll be suspicious and cautious about this sudden change.

I'm much more flexible about using GME emulators as a GM aid, so I took some inspiration from a concordance and used them to ask a question:

Is there a mercedes parked outside the station?
Odds: 17/85/98
Result: 10 -- EXCEPTIONAL YES

She recognizes it immediately as Simao's car.

Is Simao's driver in the car?
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 81 -- Yes

Does Kenshin Yamada smoke? (Name came from an online generator.)
Odds: 13/65/94
Result: 95 -- EXCEPTIONAL NO

No, and he's a bit of a health nut. I hope the carrot sticks do not conjure an image of Bugs Bunny.
moving in the shadows behind metro
18
PlayerI recognize him. He chaffeured us once through Instanbul in a similar Mercedes.

"Konbanwa, Yamada. Where is Okada?"

I still have a hard look on my face; it's not a super friendly greeting.
chauffeured them through istanbul the narrowchaffeurdown to communicate with us called
19
produced the mercedes that had chauffeuredgo down she had walk in
20
razor where is molly hello caserazorhim in the dimness of metro
21
make sure her mouth was hardhardgo and meet one of her
22
GMIt seems like you startled him, or maybe he's just generally intimidated by you.

He manages to stutter, "Okada-san is waiting for you on the platform."
the wide startled eyes he recognizedrecogDoes Kenshin stutter an answer?
Odds: 17/85/98
Result: 20 -- Yes
driving the first two knuckles of
23
PlayerMaybe I will not go...

OK, I will not go down to meet him.
said maybe jane wo not gogoI couldn't really find great concordances with keywords "metro", "train", "street"-- and some of the words on the character sheet and previous session didn't really fit the context. Therefore, I decided to think up keywords based on this context: "go", "down".

I collected a few entries, but found this one that suggested doubt about whether she'd go or not. An Oracle yes/no question at 50% felt appropriate.

Does Elena go down to meet Okada?
Odds: 13/65/94
Result: 89 -- No
she was gone there was a
24
GMOK...what do you do instead?As a GM, I was planning on a confrontation at the subway platform, so the system threw me a surprise here. she shook her head i got
25
PlayerI move down the street instead looking for a crowd to get lost in.go down to the street shesheThis is a very wide open question (not like "does she go down or not"), and I like to exert as litle influence as possible, so I have decided on a couple of approaches:

1. Try rolling a random Mythic event and use those words as keywords to feed the concordance generator. I will try with a limit of one random event.

2. Use neutral keywords that don't indicate an action by themselves such as articles, pronouns or prepositions ("the", "of", "she") and pick the first one that makes sense to me in the context.

The random event returned: "release" and "burden". The first did not return anything usable. The second didn't have any hits whatsoever. I tried "she" next.
where you go for a quiet
26
she was moving through a crowdedfreed herself from the arms and
27
GMKenshin looks confused and concerned as he sees you go past the station instead of into it.

"Hey, Yamamoto, where are you going?"
for aiding this thing to free
28
PlayerI just shrug and keep moving. she shrugged big deal and starterssheTried random event keywords. No good hits. Defaulted to "she".
29
GMKenshin starts murmuring into his lapel mic. It's obvious he's informing someone of what you're doing.
30
PlayerI continue down the street. is go down to the streetstreetOne of the left over concordances I had from previous searches.

I think Elena's intent here is pretty clear: she wants to slip away unharmed, so that's a Scene Goal.
31
GMI think we've come to a pivotal moment so let's go to the dice. My scene goal is to add the Injured pCon on you. Roll(3d10)+0:
7,6,6,+0
Total:19

Wow, failed all three. Not a single roll under 4.
32
PlayerI want to slip away into a crowded street. Get lost in the crowd.go down to the street shestreetHere I'm just re-using the concordances to reiterate what the player already said before but as a Scene Goal.

Roll(3d10)+0:
4,1,7,+0

Elena's RWA: 5/4/5

Since winners get Scene goals for free, she slips away.
33
she was moving through a crowdedshe
34
GM

You know what...I'm going to burn your nCon to reduce the margin of success to one. Elena is no longer Coerced. Can you narrate what happened with that?
Per rulebook, player still gets their scene Goal, but have less successes to spend on extra outcomes.
35
PlayerI feel like the company's actions through Okada have driven me to feel free from a dangerous dependency on them.had driven the thing to freefreeEh, good enough. It makes a sort of sense, and it surprised me.
36
frees you from a dangerous dependency
37
I allocate my remaining success on my Willing stat. I will increase it by one. n/an/aI will make the mechanical decisions. Elena's RWA is now 5/5/5
38
GMOK, as you are getting further away from the station, you hear Yamada say, "She went that way!" Then you see a group of men who unmistakably look like Wan Brothers security come out of the station. Being security, you know they are armed.

However, you are too quick for them and soon find a busy street and disappear in the crowd.
Losers get to narrate what happened.

End scene.
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Loading...
 
 
 
Sheet1
 
 
Main menu