Tactical Plan
Comments
 Share
The version of the browser you are using is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a supported browser.Dismiss

 
$
%
123
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWX
1
Fall 2016Midwinter 2017Annual 2017Annual 2018Unallocated
2
Member engagement • Member engagement • Member engagement • Member engagement • Member engagement • Member engagement • Member engagement • Member engagement • Member engagement • Member engagement • Member engagement • Member engagement • Member engagement
3
TaskOwnerNotes?Date startedDate completedTaskOwnerNotes?Date startedDate completedTaskOwnerNotes?Date startedDate completedTaskOwnerNotes?Date startedDate completedTaskOwnerNotes
4
Reach out to past leaders + ELsAppointmentsCreate communications planCAM
There is a well defined plan for social media that exists, but not a communication plan as a whole.
Start making sure CAM is communicating something of value to each persona consistentlyCAM liaison
This is something being discussed, but probably could be mapped out better.
9/1/2017Review our outreach to each personaAre we consistently communicating to each of them, offering relevant conference & online programming, et cetera? Are there ones we're underserving?Something about new member experienceMembershipNote that a lot of these are Membership - might want to either see if other committees are more relevant, and/or form TFs for specific projects.
5
Choose & publicize Forum backchannel appForum committeeMonitor implementation of marketing plansCAM liaison(ongoing) This may need more definition. Set LITA diversity goalsD&IConsider whether we have capacity for a mentorship programNew Higher Logic system for ALA Connect will help with thisSomething about retentionMembership
6
Provide membership numbers to board + Membership committeeStaffMonthly, added separate sheets to track joins, renewals, and drops separately (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13FTlx8DzERA4v4AukJj6WubGpM5tE2hCGUPtkRmwI9w/edit?usp=sharing)September 2016September 2016Communicate to chairs that they need to be able to communicate how their work supports one or more personasLiaisonsImportant to do this BEFORE Annual 2017 "Work with committees to help them target their work to specific personas".Implement Forum Assessment TF recommendationsForum committeeReally this is "after the TF reports, for the subsequent Forum and thereafter"Plan for outreach to LIS studentsMembership
7
Define useful benefits for organizational membersMembership + JennyThey don't actually get any benefits right now; if we're going to offer the category it should be meaningful12/1/16Streamline web presence to highlight ways to get involvedWCCPlan for outreach to groups outside academeMembershipIn line with personas TF report - who are these groups?
8
Review happy hour budgetMembership chair + ED + FACAnd again at MW 2018. Do we need a TF to look at future planning needs? Especially regarding sponsorship efforts - we don't want to step on Forum's toes, but the funding is an ongoing issue.1/21/17Communicate personas to membership - do they see themselves?
CAM, Membership
9
Report on personasPersona TFMust precede much of 2017 work - the whole idea is that our work will align with the personas, so that we can deliver value to members & increase our recruitment/retention! Report needs to be disseminated to chairs, especially Membership and CAM.Work with committees to help them target their work to personasLiaisons
Develop micro-volunteering opportunities
10
Develop best practices for virtual engagementJennyWith PLA
Something something mentorship
11
Organizational Sustainability • Organizational Sustainability • Organizational Sustainability • Organizational Sustainability • Organizational Sustainability • Organizational Sustainability • Organizational Sustainability • Organizational Sustainability • Organizational Sustainability • Organizational Sustainability • Organizational Sustainability • Organizational Sustainability • Organizational Sustainability • Organizational Sustainability • Organizational Sustainability • Organizational Sustainability • Organizational Sustainability • Organizational Sustainability •
12
TaskOwnerNotes?TaskOwnerNotes?TaskOwnerNotes?TaskOwnerNotes?
13
Define representative roles/expectationsBoardImprove process for communicating with volunteers for committeesAppointmentsInitiate new strategic planning processExcoNeeds to be done by Annual 2018, when our current plan ends.Brainstorm major budget lines to cut/addBoard + Jenny
14
Identify representatives that we no longer needVPMake recommendation on stipends (ITAL, WCC, possible future Education)FACMake plan for regular budget assessmentFACAnnounce new strategic planExco or its designate
15
Investigate outsourcing Forum 2017JennyDevelop goals for increasing net membership + renewal ratesMembershipDocument officer expectationsThomas, Aimee, AndromedaWe should open a doc immediately and edit it collaboratively; by the time we've gotten to next Annual we'll have hit everything that somes up in the 3-year cycle. Then we can cycle Thomas off the doc and the VP onto it to keep it up to date and give the VP a running start.
Membership data slicing/analysis
ARC
Working with LITA membership data provided by Jenny to the chairs.
September 2017
16
Develop priorities for Assessment in line with the strategic goalsAssessment liaison + chairNeeds to touch on how assessment relates to other committees, but also how others use their work going forward so it has impactClarify FAC charge/roleFACFAC may be unclear on its role (e.g. is FAC part of Exco?) They should make a proposal subject to Board approval.Marketing plan for publications
CAM + publications
It's important, but it should wait until after the ITAL editor open call, in case there's a new person who wants to be involved. I will ask Ken to talk with CAM about this.
17
Explore accessible alternatives to Adobe ConnectCarliHosting Connect meetings takes a huge amount of Mark's time - we need to free that up, but no one else can set up the meetings due to our site license - but we don't know of an accessible alternative. We could use different meeting software if we found some.9/22/161/2/17 Link to evaluation document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HFYoVydUUWYUuSBB0dTk8bjNHA8oWE46lw1qgiTyzdY/edit?usp=sharing (Note: I initially thought we were looking at whether these were accessible to individuals with disabilities, but upon further reflection, I wasn't sure, so I added additional information as well).Review/update sponsor policyJennyWe'd like to have more sponsors for things - therefore we need to make sure we're still happy with our sponsorship policy, and update it if not. Needs to be done by MW 2017 so it's ready in time for Forum 2017 sponsor recruitment.
18
Identify and prioritize operational policies that need to be writtenJenny + Bylaws + chairsBylaws should already have a sense of this from fighting with the Manual. After we prioritize them, we can fill out this spreadsheet further.
19
Expand relationship with other divisionsJenny(ongoing)
20
Education & Development • Education & Development • Education & Development • Education & Development • Education & Development • Education & Development • Education & Development
21
TaskOwnerNotes?TaskOwnerNotes?TaskOwnerNotes?TaskOwnerNotes?
22
Define Board liaison expectationsBoardDevelop board orientationJenny Levine + Paul SignorelliNeeds to be early enough that 2017 elected officers can benefit.Develop chair trainingCommittee & IG chair coordinatorsMargaret Heller and Michelle Frisque have been appointed as the coordinators and tasked with identifying topics and promoting conversation on them among the chairsOther leadership development? Maybe in collaboration with LLAMA???
23
Develop plan for education marketingCAM + Education + MarkNeeds to stipulate who is responsible for what, timelines. This needs to be early, so we can start reaping revenue benefits ASAP. [I'm not sure when this dates from, but it seems like we have a good process in place for this.]5/1/2017?Education programs need SMART goals (online, forum, preconference, etc.)
24
Develop plan for preconference marketingCAM + PPC + MarkNeeds to stipulate who is responsible for what, timelines. This needs to be early, so we can start reaping revenue benefits ASAP, and advertise the Annual 2017 preconferences effectively. It probably dovetails with the education marketing plan - they will have similar steps. [I think generally CAM has a pretty good process for this.]5/1/2017?The outcome of the Forum Assessment TF should add additional tasks to this section.
25
Finalize Education policiesEducation + Mark + JennyDrafts already exist. Final policies should include division of responsibility (staff vs committee) and make sure everyone is empowered to do what they need to doTrain people in tech advocacy/tech policy advocacy
26
Advocacy & Information Policy • Advocacy & Information Policy • Advocacy & Information Policy • Advocacy & Information Policy • Advocacy & Information Policy • Advocacy & Information Policy
27
TaskOwnerNotes?TaskOwnerNotes?TaskOwnerNotes?TaskOwnerNotes?
28
Make sure there's a LITA rep on the ALA legislative committeeAppointmentsLeg Assembly Rep might make sense as an ALA COL monitor (I think COL does not do Div Reps?)Document official LITA stance on hot-button tech issues to facilitate rapid response???These can also target IT heads, directors, etc. to give them guidance.Standards participation???
29
Communicate about LITA-relevant ALAWO activitiesALAWO rep(s), LITAblogBegin immediately; ongoingDefine goals for OITP relationshipBoard, OITP repALAWO relationship???What are the goals here?-- (does it make sense to break this out from ALA OITP and/or OGR?)
30
Rep to OGR???AppointmentsCommunicate better to membership about LITA's lobbying impact (via ALA and other bodies)RepresentativesExpand relationship with IFLAIFLA rep? Jenny? Evviva?Needs goals
31
Make sure there's a LITA rep on the ALA committee on accreditationAppointmentsExpand relationship with OITPOITP rep? Jenny?Needs goals -- (does it make sense to break this out from ALAWO?)
32
Make sure there's a LITA rep to OIF who's vocal and involvedAppointmentsLots of tasks will want to be added to this section as representatives expand the relationship & we discover what might actually need to be done.
33
Increase visibility of LITA repsReps, CAM, LITAblogBegin immediately; ongoingWhite papers? Procedure for writing, procedure for accepting?
34
Rep to OITP (I thnk this year is Bohyun?)Advocacy section on web site?
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
Loading...
 
 
 
Sheet1