2019 YOUtopia Budget Template Instructions
|1. This Google Sheet is Read Only so that everyone can access it. In order to use it go to 'File' under the Google Sheets Main Menu and select 'Make a copy.' Then do your work within the copied file.|
2. Change the name of your copy of the Budget Template to the title of your art piece/project.
3. To add more lines, click on a row number on the far left (selecting that entire row) that's in the MIDDLE of the Expense Category section (for example, under Structural Materials it would be Row 17). From the Main Menu select 'Insert' and then select 'Row below.' or 'Row Above' . You'll now have a new blank row.
4. Remember to consider the cost of taxes and shipping when calculating expenses.
5. Please do not list "contingency costs."(costs that will probably occur based on past experience, but with some uncertainty regarding the amount)
6. When you are finished entering all your budget info into the template, please save it in some sort of an online drive (Google Drive, iCloud, Dropbox, etc) and paste the link with view access into your Art Grant Application (under question: Projected Budget: Itemize all fabrication materials and costs associated with building *) so that we can view it. Paste the link of your Budget into your Art Grant application as instructed within.
|Description of Categories and Expenses|
|These are some examples of expenses that could be included in each category but you might have other items that aren't listed.|
|Build Space||Rent for space to build your project.|
|Structural Materials||Wood, plastic panels, metal|
|Tools & Consumables||Tools: any specialty tools not already owned||Consumables: welding wire/gas, drill bits, saw blades|
|Hardware||Screws, nails, fasteners, washers, connector plates, cables for ground anchors|
|Safety Materials||PPE such as eye protection, ear protection, and gloves, fire extinguishers, safety lights for build/back-up illumination, delineators (cones), caution tape|
|Leave No Trace Supplies||Black contractor trash bags, metal trash can, tarps and enclosure to create MOOP-containment wood-cutting area, magnet rake, MOOP sticks for daily MOOP walks|
|Lighting / Electrical||Wire, connectors, lights, lighting controller, giant red buttons to push|
|Power||Generator/solar panels/batteries, power cords, fuel for generator|
|Sound||Speaker wire, speakers, whatever is driving the sound (iPod, etc.)|
|Decor||Paint, fabric, interior finish/set dressing|
|Specialty Services & Fabrication||CNC, acrylic panel cutting, lasers, etc., fees for specialized labor such as a certified welder|
|Project Transportation||Rental truck or paid trucking, fuel for rental truck, pre-event loading costs (forklift, etc.)|
|Flame Effects / Pyro / Fire||Flame effects parts, pyrotechnics|
|Artist Fees (ineligible for funding)||Artist stipend|
|Crew Travel (ineligible for funding)||Artist and crew travel|
Food / Kitchen / Alcohol (ineligible for funding)
|Pre-event: food/snacks and drinks for crew during build||During event: crew food, reefer truck (or other cold food storage), tables and kitchen setup supplies, kitchen staff/cook, kitchen supplies, utensils, etc.|
|Camp Supplies (ineligible for funding)||Water cube, sanitization of water cube, potable water, communal camp structures|
Post-Event Expenses (ineligible for funding)
|Storage of piece after the event|
|Legal (ineligible for funding)||LLC formation, insurance|