UA Exec Updates (11/7/11)
 Share
The version of the browser you are using is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a supported browser.Dismiss

 
View only
 
 
Still loading...
BCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTU
1
NameCommittee/PositionAccomplishments from the past two weeks:Will accomplish in the next two weeks:
2
Anika Gupta2014 PresidentSweatpants deliveries, Fall SocialSweatpants/Hoodies Round 2, Plans for Rest of the Semester, Analysis of Council
3
Laura RoydenAlumni Relations-got funding
-asked Leonid to look into fixing the student-alum dinner website
-obtained 4 committee members
-hold first committee meeting
-get student-alum dinners running
4
Michael WalshAthleticsHeld meetings with DAPER admin regarding PE credit for Club, subsidizing PE fees and PE attrition and funding team T-shirts.

PE credit - begin reviewing teams that wish to get PE credit to see if they uphold required standards
PE fees - trial subsidizing an extreme PE next semester (likely SCUBA)
Attrition - Possibly add PE transcript to academic transcript
T-shirts - good levels of interest
Start to collect student input on some of these issues to show support.
Start bringing MIT admin into discussion of PE attrition.
Begin reviewing Club teams.
Begin writing proposal for PE Fee subsidization (DAPER wants official proposal). This will also require student input.
5
David ChangChief of StaffFinished first round of lunch with student representatives
Have simple survey data about the effectiveness of Lunches
Had part 1 of the second round of student rep dinners.
Send out survey about student reps.
Fill spots on MacVicar
Fill spots on IAP committee
Collect questions for Student Rep Survey
Clean up and launch COS website.
6
AmandaClass Council CoordinationN/AThe class council presidents will meet again to discuss collaborative efforts for the spring and exchange ideas.
7
Tatiana MamaligaCSL--Freshmen Awareness/ Student Wellness:
-met with Chief of EMS and brainstormed ideas
-emailed all undergrads with help resources
-initiated talks with the administration about the GRT Evaluation System
-explored following ideas: print flyers and big poster with help resources description(handed over to PR), encouraging messages campaign(handed over to PR), ads on the infinite, modifying frequency of dorm lotteries
-set up meeting with Anna Babbi Klein and Alyssa May for next week to talk about modifying the website for undergrads and make booklets describing all the help resources on campus to distribute to each room
--Dec. Study Break:
-contacted student clubs and organizations, but got poor response; decided to drop and have more Wellness Days
--PIAZZA:
-contacted Anne Hunter: no one at MIT currently directs PIAZZA
-meet with Anna and Alyssa and start on the website & booklet for Student Wellness
-plan Wellness Day(s) and start preparing for it
-brainstorm ideas for advertising PIAZZA to students and professors
-decide on and assign people to "Rate Your Driver"
8
Michelle RybakEvents (Co-Chair)Updating the newly instated co-chairs on the ins and outs of the job. Making an offer to an artist for the spring weekend show. Making back up plansBrainstorming different fundraising activities, potential artists, and ways of publicizing our committee and our event!
9
Christine ChenEvents Committee- Fall Fesitval- Spring Weekend artist booking
- chair transition
10
Patrick HulinHousingSet up meeting with Robin Baughman to discuss housing satisfaction
Finalized waiting list recommendations to Housing Strategy Group
Brainstorm for things to do for the rest of the year
Analyze housing satisfaction data
11
Catherine FanInformation SystemsReviewed the content and links on vote.mit.eduMove the new layout to the new site and fix dead links. Collaborate with the election commission on improving the election process.
12
Alan MirandaPublic Relations ChairSuccessful Study Break and applied some questions with regards to mental health on the UA survey.Planning the Thanksgiving dinner with the UA which will take place on the 21st. Flyers will come out soon.
13
Benjamin ShaibuResource Development*meeting with Princeton Review
*redress of issues with Trader Joe's Shuttle
*evaluation of Trader Joe's route
*started dialogue with MITAC
*pricing for Stapler Trials and information exchange with IS&T
*evaluate Produce Market
*meet with Larry Brutti: work towards Administration shuttle take overs, talk about possibility of shuttle to Costco/Target
*order Staplers, create trial evaluation method, and begin Stapler trial
*Find AWESOME UA MEMBERS interested in plugging into any of these projects or a brand new one!!!
*finish Kaplan and Princeton Reservations, discuss future plans with Princeton Review, meeting with Kaplan [as background Kaplan and The Princeton Review serve as forms of supplementary income and offer great programs like TPR's upcoming MCAT strategy session on Nov 17th]
*finalize Resources Page
*extend outreach to Star Market in Boston
*collect shuttle usage data in hopes of getting support from Trader Joe's/Whole Foods
*look at results of UA survey and see what students are interested in, possibly collect more feedback, look into new methods of data collection the UA can experiment with
14
Paul KominersSCEP-Wrote first (very rough) draft of "How to Teach to Students' Benefit" document
-Formed action plan for TA investigation
-Mocked up freshman pamphlet redesign
-Investigated question about cross-registration limits
-Contacted faculty about advising white paper
-Student-faculty dinners continue to trundle along
-Begin revising HTSB document
-Develop TA survey
-Progress on freshman pamphlet redesign
-Meet with faculty about advising white paper
Hopefully:
-Investigate freshman pset boxes
-Investigate freshman GIR announcements
15
AlixSustainability-approval of Polar Beverages for GreenBean Machine
-moving forward with "TrashionShow" at Next House
-scheduled meeting with Steven Lanou at EHS to discuss sustainability projects
-schedule meeting with Board of Bon Appetit to discuss Composting
-progress on TrashionShow
-progress on Composting (in Dining halls)
-progress on Composting pick-up
-begin working on Dorm Electricity Competition
-Next House building efficiency
-
16
Leonid GrinbergTechnologyMet with IS&T director
Talked with SCEP about overlapping interests
Continue working with IS&T to discuss Pharos
Discuss status of online registration with SCEP
17
Alex HallTreasurer, Finboard ChairAppeals approved and sent to groups, applications for Medium Events Funding solicited, as well as applications to join the Finboard committee. Approve MEF and present to Senate, complete interviews of potential new committee members and select a full committee, solicit applications for next funding cycle.
18
Allan MiramontiUA President-Got drafts of restructuring going
-Implemented survey
-got students on OSC search committee
-Had Advisory Committee Meeting
-Finish Survey
-Get drafts of restructuring documents finished
-Work on student engagement policy
19
Edgar MatiasVice-SpeakerJust Elected.The goal is to set up meeting between small group of senators, the Speaker and Vice-Speaker to discuss their goals and any other comments or concerns they have, building Senate cohesion.
20
21
22
23
No updates were submitted for:
24
History (Daniel Hawkins), Will Steadman (Speaker)
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Loading...
 
 
 
Sheet1