|1||Bay District Schools - Use of Facilities |
Fees and Labor Calculator Worksheet
|User:||School:||Arnold High School||Lease No:||Instructions for Using the Lease Cost Calculator:|
1. School Principal or designee and user should complete this calculator worksheet together to define the event conditions, requirements, risks, and timing / duration, along with the associated fees, required labor and estimated cost, and (in the case of a for-profit event) gate revenue sharing . The calculator worksheet should be completed using the below standard rates even if the Principal decides to waive or discount the standard fees.
2. Complete lines 2 and 3 with user and event information. Enter the lease number assigned for this event in the school's Lease Log. If it is a for-profit user and gate revenue-generating event, estimate the size of the total paying crowd and the gross gate proceeds. Refer to rows 34-37, columns K-O to determine 10% of the gross proceeds. If the event is multiple days or performances, multiply the gate share as applicable. If the use of the facility is for a profit-making activity, the organization shall be charged a fee equal to ten percent (10%) of the gross proceeds or the fees set forth in Exhibit A, whichever is greater.
3. Complete lines 3 - 15 as applicable for the use / event. Define the total number of days to be used and the hours per day for set up, event, and clean up. Total space hours and total labor hours will sum automatically. Total days of use must be at least 1. If a one day event, insert 1 in column G. Insert in columns L and N the applicable space fees and labor rates for the school and district. Take the applicable rates from the tables on lines 18-42. Take care to insert the school and district space fees and labor estimates in the correct column. The fees and labor costs for the school and the district will calculate automatically. If you see VALUE in a cell, check your inputs in that line to make sure you are not multiplying or dividing by zero or an empty cell. The total fees and labor costs for the school and district will calculate automatically in the summary box at lower right of the worksheet.
4. School and district fees must be paid at least 10 days in advance of the event to the school and district respectively by separate payments. School payments should be made to and delivered to the school. District payments should be made to the district and delivered to the school for couriering to the Nelson Building, Attn: Executive Director, Operations. Labor payments must be made at the time of the event directly from the user to the person or entity performing the labor.
5. Leases for long term use (multple weeks or months for plays, swim clubs practices, church services, etc shall not exceed the school year in duration, then may be renewed at new year rates. Long term lease fees and labor cost shall be paid in advance at least monthly.
6. At the time of booking the event in the school calendar, a non-refundable deposit must be paid to the school to reserve the space. The booking deposit shall be the greater of $250 per event, the total lease fee, or 20% of the total lease fee. The booking deposit will be credited toward the total fees to be paid to the school. Booking deposits are specific to one calendar time frame.
7. The use or event should not happen unless the lease is signed, certificate of liability insurance is in hand, and deposit and fees are paid.
8. The lease file should include:
a) Lease log assigning lease number
b) Signed lease
c) Fee and labor cost calculator worksheet (this document)
d) Certificate of liability insurance
e) Payment receipt form (covering deposit, school fee, district fee, and labor)
f) Post-use inspection form for damage to the facilities
9. If full payment and insurance certificate are not received at least 10 days in advance of the event, the lease and event will be cancelled and the booking deposit will be forfeited.
|Estimated Gross Proceeds:|
|3||Space Lease Fees||Start |
|Total Days of Use||Set Up|
|Clean Up Hours||Total Space Hours||School Space Fee |
$ Per Hr
|District Fee |
$ Per Hr
|District Energy & Maint Fee|
|8||Total Space Fees||School||$0||District||$0|
Group booked before fee and paperwork changes
|10||Estimate of |
|Total Days of Use||Set Up|
|Clean Up Hours||Total Labor Hours||Labor Rate |
$ Per Hr
|Required Labor Cost|
|15||Total Estimated Labor Cost||$0|
|18||Exhibit A - Space Fees||School |
$ Per Hour
$ Per Hour
|Notes on Fees||Booking Form|
|19||Classroom||$22||$4||1. Unless otherwise noted and agreed with the Principal, minimum charge per space is 2 hours. |
2. District fees cover costs for electrical power, natural gas, water, pool chemicals, field paint, and Maintenance Department equipment and fuel.
3. Stadium sports events shall be charged at $500 district fee per event for non-profit organizations for first 6 hours, then hourly thereafter. For profit events the flat district fee shall be $750, plus hourly fee after 6 hours.
4. Mosley swimming pool shall be charged per hour up to 6 hours per day. (Maximum daily fee is $450.)
5. Total chargeable hours on a day shall run continuously from the initial start time until last finish time unless specifically agreed with the Principal. Gaps and breaks in use during the day shall chargeable to the user unless the space can be otherwise be used by the school.
6. Stadiums, Mosley Swimming Pool, and Nelson Building are district facilities, not school facilities. For Stadiums, Mosley Swimming Pool, and Nelson Building, the District Executive Director of Operations (or his / her designee) shall have the same authorities and responsibilities as the Principals have for their school facilities under Board Policy 6.501.
|User Name: Buddy Wilkes - PC Music Festival|
|20||Cafeteria / Multi-Purpose Room||$32||$12||Date of Event: 5/11/18|
|21||Small Multi-Purpose Room / Band Room||$22||$9||Type of Event: Band/Choir Competitions|
|22||Media Center||$42||$12||Space to be Used: Arnold Auditorium|
|23||Gymnasium (Middle School)||$31||$60||School Representative: Kathleen McNulty Mann|
|24||Gymnasium (High School)||$103||$60||Date of Booking: 9/28/17|
|25||Locker Room High School or Middle School)||$30||$18||Booking Deposit:|
|26||Auditorium - Arnold HS||$200||$60||Deposit Received By:|
|27||Auditorium - St. Andrew ES||$125||$30||Deadline Date: 5/1/18|
For Signed Lease, Certificate of Insurance, Full Payment
|28||Fine Arts Center - Mosley HS||$200||$60|
|29||Grand Piano - Mosley HS FAC||$250||Notes: Group booked before fee and paperwork changes|
|30||Fine Arts Center - Bay HS||$200||$60|
|31||Auditorium - Rutherford HS||$160||$60|
|32||Football / Soccer Field / Track (no lights)||$100||Estimated Paying Crowd||Admission Price||Gross Proceeds|
10% of Gate
|33||Football / Soccer Field / Track (with lights)||$100||$70||1||$0||$0|
|34||Baseball / Softball Field (no lights)||$100|
|35||Baseball / Softball Field (with lights)||$100||$70|
|36||Practice Field||$75||Lease Cost||Space Fees|
|37||School Board Room - Nelson Building||$80||School||$0||$0|
|38||Staff Developent / Training Room - Nelson Building||$50||District||$0||Notification to Superintendent of Facilities Use Without Charge|
|39||Tommy Oliver Stadium||$250||Total||$0||$0||School Fees $ Amount Waived or Discounted:|
|40||Gavlak Stadium||$200||School Principal Signature:|
|Space Fees||Labor Estimate||Total to User||District Fees $ Amount Waived or Discounted:|
|42||Swimming Pool - Mosley HS||$75||$0||$0||BDS Exec Director Signature:|