INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW VOLUNTEERS
WELCOME. Thank you for coming on board. PLEASE READ ON FOR INSTRUCTIONS/TIPS.
As you know, our hospitals and frontline HCWs urgently need all the PPE (gowns, gloves, goggles, face masks, hand sanitizer) they can get
This spreadsheet lists local businesses that may potentially have spare PPEs - we need to reach out to them and encourage them to donate!
Guidelines for items we are accepting are on the "Items Accepted for Donation" list below
SO YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A VOLUNTEER. WHAT NEXT?
You can be a volunteer in one of two ways: a) being a volunteer caller or b) being a volunteer driver
If you sign up to be a driver, sit tight and one of our admins will reach out to you when pickups are necessary. Thank you!
If you sign up to be a caller, see instructions below on cold-calling.
If you or a business you have contacted has any questions/concerns/requests, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO MAKE COLD CALLS/ SEND EMAILS:
1. Sign up as a volunteer caller in the "Volunteer: Callers" tab below; indicate the number of companies you are willing to reach out to (minimum of 20 - no maximum! )
then add your name beside the number of businesses you have agreed to contact in any of the tabs that you want to be in charge of contacting
2. Use the phone number (or navigate google or their website to find an email address) to contact a business (due to lockdown, you may have more success with email or other social media, but try to prioritize phone calls wherever possible)
3. Introduce yourself and ask if the other person has time to chat
4. Mention the shortage of PPE in hospitals, clinics, CHSLDs etc.
5. Politely ask if they have PPE they can spare and would be willing to donate. Guidelines for items we are accepting are on the "Items Accepted for Donation" list below
|LINK FOR FORM|
6. If they agree to donate, highlight the entry and email them this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1v8_cnFJ7FwsAN1n2GArizvGz-W_IJiR_ZqcxgY1Uz3c/
you can also direct them to fill out the same form directly on the website: https://www.donnezlaprotection.com
If you choose to email the business, an OPTIONAL template has been provided for you here (please ensure to include the google doc link above as well as a link to the website):
EMAIL TEMPLATE: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QqjroVC49wV59ntlaflP3e6k-VsCZvTys7SGzT7aTyo/edit?fbclid=IwAR0518Ts2BySjRA3EhD1z3R8pHwD583ysAM_WwMUxmxo8j3aBagGiJtYuJY
LINK FOR EMAIL TEMPLATE
7. THIS IS IMPORTANT. Once you have called a business or contacted them through their website, please mark the first column as Y indicating that they are not to be bothered again
***feel free to reach out to any other businesses not indicated on our sheets that may have PPE! a personal connection goes a long way.
WHAT IF A BUSINESS HAS QUESTIONS/CONCERNS OR WANTS FURTHER INFORMATION?
To connect large-volume suppliers interested in donations, or if any supplier has any questions/requests, please contact us at: email@example.com
ITEMS ACCEPTED FOR DONATION:
**Items urgently needed by hospitals include**:
- Masks (N95 and surgical)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Gloves (Vinyl, Nitrile, Surgical)
- Isolation Gowns
The following models meet current hospital standards:
(If your contact has supplies that do not meet these standards, please get in touch - they may be able to donate anyways. All of this information has been added to the excel spreadsheet).
|· 3M 8210|
|· 3M 1860|
|· 3M 1860S|
|· 3M 8110S|
|· 3M 9210+-|
N95 Masks: (These are all NIOSH approved respirators to be used in healthcare setting.)
· 3M VFlex-9105
· 3M VFlex-9105small
|· 3M 1870+|
· ASTM Level II
· ASTM Level III
Goggles must qualify under:
· ANSI/ISEA Z87.1-2015 D3
· CSA Class 2B- non-ventilated or indirect ventilated goggles (splash and impact resistant)
Gowns must qualify as:
|· AAMI Level 2|
|· AAMI Level 3|
|· AAMI Level 4|
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE HERE? WANT A SPREADSHEET LIKE THIS FOR YOUR OWN CITY?
All data in this spreadsheet was scraped from YellowPages.ca search results
For requests for other cities, contact Calvin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other cities:
St. John's, NL:
North Ontario communities:
Grey-Bruce Region, ON