|Prayer Request||More Details|
|Category-1: District Initiatives - Pray for our district and its initiatives in the areas of church leadership, mission, church families and church planting.|
|July 3, 2017||Pray for our District 2020 goals:|
• Plant five churches
• See Sunday morning attendance, conversions, and baptisms increasing
|July 3, 2017||Pray for the three District priorities:|
Leadership Development, and Church Multiplication.
|May 9, 2019||Optimize - A leadership program for emerging leaders. Another batch of young leaders has entered the Optimize program. They meet monthly for a full-day|
session, plus they meet at least once each month, individually, with a coach.They have assignments, readings, assessments, and they set goals. Pray for them.
|May 9, 2019||Healthy Church Network (HCN) - Pray for the 2019 HCN initiatives where the church leaders meet with the District Superintendent face-to-face eight times a year in four different locations.||more details...|
|May 9, 2019||Church Multiplication: - We celebrate and assist our current plants in Halifax, Clare, and Port Hawkesbury. In 2019, our focus is “churches that plant churches”, as we try to encourage congregations to consider multiplication from their assemblies. We are ready and resourced to assist all means and methods of multiplication.|
|December 6, 2018||Pray for Labourers - Pray that the Lord of the harvest will send labourers into the Maritime harvest field and that men and women will respond to the call of God to enter into full time ministry|
|May 9, 2019||Ministry Apprenticeship Program - This program aims at raising leaders in the Maritimes and retaining them in the district. The program is expected to start by Sep 2019. Three students have been selected for 2019. Pray that three churches will come forward to sponsor them and be willing to invest in the development of these young leaders.|
|May 9, 2019||District Mission - Pray for our District missionaries.|
- Harlyn and Helene Purdy continue to work effectively in Malawi.
- Helen MacMinn is retired but still continuing some of her work in Kenya. She is now based in Moncton but makes occasional trips to Africa.
- DiAnne and Noel DuPont continue to do ministry in the Dominican Republic with Every Day Ministries. DiAnne taught theology to pastors for Every Day Ministries. Noel assisted global workers Adrian and Sharon Thomas with various projects.
|July 11, 2019||Pray for the upcoming events of the district|
July 14 - 28 - Family Camp 2019
Aug 5-8 - Kids Camp 2019
September 22-28 - Fasting week and prayer on Wednesday, Sep 25, 10:00am to 1:00pm at Calvary Temple, PEI.
November 17-23 - Fasting week and prayer on Wednesday, Nov 20, 10:00am to 1:00pm, Evangel, Dartmouth, NS.
|June 13, 2019||25th Pentecostal World Conference - Pray for the 25th Pentecostal World Conference.|
Hosted by The Pentecostal World Fellowship of which the PAOC is part of the Canadian host committee. Thousands of Christian leaders and believers are going to be part of this global gathering, being held August 27–30, 2019 in Calgary, AB. Canada.
|September 27, 2018||PAOC General Conference 2020 in Halifax - (1.0 Y away from now), let's start praying this early. Planning is in the very preliminary stage. |
Pray for the planning committee, meetings, creating a vision for the event and execution. Planning & coordination for the kick-off event that happens on the Monday night of the conference where more than 1000 guests are expected. For all the proceedings of the conference (specific prayer needs will be updated once known).
|Category-2: Church / Pastoral Transition - Pray for the following churches that are in transition. Pray that God may give us the right leaders who will take these churches into the future. Pray for God's wisdom and favor as some of these churches deal with challenging situations of declining attendance and financial resources. Pray for wisdom, grace and discernment for the district staff who are involved in the mission of ensuring survival and growth of these churches.|
|July 4, 2019||1. Cole's Island (Cole's Island Community Church)|
2. Windsor, NS (Glad Tidings Worship Center)
3. New Life Christian Church Bridgewater, NS
4. Edmundston (Eglise Chretienne de Pentecote)
5. Sydney Pentecostal Church
6. Island Gospel Tabernacle, Clam Point NS
|Category-3: Leadership - Pray for the safety, health, divine wisdom & guidance, family members, financial needs and integrity of the national and district leaders|
|August 30, 2018||PAOC Executive officers Rev. David Wells - General Superintendent, Rev. David Hazzard - General Secretary Treasurer & Rev. Murray Cornelius - Executive Director for International Missions||more details...|
|June 1, 2016||PAOC General Executive - District Superintendents and Regional Directors||more details...|
|May 9, 2019||Lead Team - Kevin Johnson - District Superintendent, Jim Molloy - Executive Director of Ministries & Missions Tim Slauenwhite - Assistant Superintendent, Chad Nickerson - Secretary|
Ministry Directors / Coordinators - Jennie Baker - Children's Ministry Director, Rebecca Harnum - MYM Coordinator/LSM Administrative Assistant, Kathy Kozsukan - Missions Coordinator, Luc Poirier - French Ministries Coordinator, Balan Swaminathan - District Prayer Coordinator
Administrative Staff - Sylvia Vaters - Executive Director of Administrative Services, Dorothy Burns - Administrative Assistant
District Executive Members - Carmen Crockett, Jon Curtz, Nathan Hill, Paul Pattison, Luc Poirier, and Tim Shaw
|December 6, 2017||District Care Team: Cindy Dunnett (Coordinator), Bernice Allen and Freeda Steeves as they encourage, support and care for the credential holders.|
|Category-4: Credential Holders|
|June 27, 2019||Please pray for David Hazzard, General Secretary Treasurer for the PAOC, who was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. Pray for God to miraculously heal David, and for strength, comfort and encouragement for him and his family during this difficult time. Pray also for wisdom for the doctors who are treating him. |
- Update: June 20 An amazing report came back to us last week from the Respirologist. He put up x-rays of Dad's chest before treatment and a current one and replied: "You are having a miraculous response to treatment." (We really like when doctors use the words 'miraculous'!) The cancer is still there but it has shrunk significantly.
|September 6, 2018||Pray for the Maritime District PAOC Credential Holders (Pastors) & their families|
- Spiritual strength, Health issues, Emotional struggles, Safety & protection, Wisdom & guidance, Financial blessings, Family relationship, Children & their future
|Category-5: Ministry initiatives of the district churches|
|May 23, 2019||Pray for Stephanie, Mario and their church plant in the municipality of Clare, NS. Pray for,|
- Saturday night gathering (our weekly service) - Saturdays at 6:30 pm
- Thank God for providing a location to meet during summer
- Pray for a location to meet during winter
|September 6, 2018||Pray for the Maritime District PAOC District churches|
- More leaders, Church growth, Financial needs, Spirit filled and rooted in God's Word, Church to reflect Christ, Not to compromise with the world, More prayer warriors
|September 6, 2018||Pray for the Maritime Communities|
- Spirit of addiction, Spirit of depression, Spirit of adultery, Abuse & violence, Accidents, Witchcraft, LGBT community
Category-6: French Ministries
|June 8, 2017||For CCEF (Centre Chrétien Évangélique de Fredericton) - There are approximately 10,000 francophones in the region of Fredericton with not one French Evangelical church in the area. Pray for a Spiritual awakening amongst the Francophone, they have religion but not a personal relationship with Jesus, that the veil will be taken out of their eyes so they can receive the Gospel. Pray that pastor Carolle, Mario Fournier and the French group assembling together will share the Gospel to many with boldness and presence of the Holy Spirit in their services with the manifestation of the spiritual gifts.|
Pour le CCEF- Il y a environ 10,000 francophone dans la région de Fredericton avec aucune église évangélique française. Prier pour un réveil spirituel parmi les Francophones. ils ont la religion mais ne connaissent pas une relation avec Jésus-Christ. Prier que leur yeux soient ouverts afin qu'ils reçoivent l'évangile. Le Pasteur Carolle et Mario Fournier, le groupe qui s'assemblent ensemble puissent avoir annoncer l'Évangile avec assurance et que la présence du Saint-Esprit soit évidente dans les services du dimanche matin avec la manifestation des dons spirituels.
|Category-7: International Mission|
|June 27, 2019||Prasad and Dawn (Samson Family from India)|
1. We baptized 8 new converts on Palm Sunday.
2. The headquarters church is almost finished!
3. We praise God for His protection.
1. Pray for India that Christians will still be able to worship freely.
2. Pray for the pastor that was arrested for running a DVBS.
3. Pray for the two ladies from our sewing program that are still waiting for their miracles.
|June 13, 2019||Purdys (Harlyn and Helene) in Blantyre, Malawi (Maritime District Global Worker)|
1) That many in Malawi will turn their hearts to the Lord during these troubling days.
2) The price of maize (Malawi's primary food) is beginning to rise due to shortage resulting from the flooding etc. Intercede for the poor who are most needy and will suffer severely as a result.
3) That the Lord will give wisdom and guidance as we expand the extension and outreach ministries at the College.
4) Pray for the Non-Christians that the Lord is bringing our way that He will enable us to reach them with the gospel.
|January 5, 2019||Rev. Helen MacMinn in Kenya (Maritime District Global Worker)|
1. Pray for the enrolement of BTCL program to reach 100 from the current registration of 70 students.
2. Pray for her visit to Kenya from Jan to Apr 2019 to contribute to the ongoing Transformational Church Leadership Programat PAC University.
3. Pray for the resources required to achieve this mission such as a replacement vehicle and kindle library units.
|July 11, 2019||The Persecuted Church
PRAY for our brothers and sisters who encounter persecution for their faith. Over 200 million Christians around the world are persecuted for their faith in Jesus. Pray that their faith would be resilient in the face of opposition and that others would come to salvation as a result of their faithful witness. Pray for the protection of those that seek to share the good news. Pray for God's favour and a spirit of boldness among our national partners, global workers and pastors who dedicate their lives to reaching the unreached with the message of God's love in restricted access areas.
|July 11, 2019||Trent & Rhonda Lipinski
PRAY Rhonda will have right knee surgery in Costa Rica on July 11 to repair damage from jamming her knee while running/exercising. Please pray for the surgeon to find and repair all damage and for Rhonda to recover fully, quickly and with low pain.
|July 11, 2019||Malawi
PRAY for the country of Malawi. In a recent post, PAOC Global Worker to Malawi, Renatta Walton shares: 'Tensions are increasing and protests continue to happen and criminals are using the opportunity to loot, steal, and demand money from vehicles trying to go about their normal business.'
Pray for the protection and safety of Malawians. Pray for peaceful solutions among all parties. Pray for all our global workers and national partners, that they would know God's wisdom, protection and peace during these unsettling times.
|Category-7: Global Workers / Prayer Guide|
|April 12, 2018||Prayer Guide|