|Welcome to the Unofficial Matchmaking Catalogue for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Here you will find a list of every game variant in Matchmaking along with its corresponding settings and maps. Please note that this list is not an official list made by 343 Industries; it is the culmination of significant empirical research done by several dedicated members of the Halo community, and its purpose is to facilitate the feedback process for all of those who play Halo: The Master Chief Collection. You may use the catalogue we have created for reference, but we ask you not to plagiarize our research.|
It is recommended that you observe this catalogue on a large screen. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the UMC, feel free to message omarlotrc#7061 on Discord.
|DATE||MCC UPDATE HISTORY|
- Removed 2v2v2v2 Rocket Race.
- Disabled Partial Team matching in Social 4v4.
- HCE 8p FFA Slayer: Reduced score-to-win from 50 to 35. This is to bring the average match length more in line with the other titles.
- H3 8v8 Action Sack: Big Team Splockets has had it weighting returned to normal.
- Enabled Partial Team matching in Social 4v4.
- Added 2v2v2v2 Rocket Race (H2A and H3) for a limited time.
- H2A maps include Speedzibar (Stonetown), Speedline (Bloodline), and Speednant (Remnant).
- H3 maps include Isolation Speed, Sandtrap Speed, Valhalla Speed, Rat's Nest Speed, Standoff Speed, and Avalance Speed.
- H3 8v8 Action Sack: Removed BTB Fiesta.
- H3 8v8 Action Sack: Added Big Splockets on Last Resort, Longshore, Rat's Nest, Sandbox (Multicog, Sandbox, Wastelands), Standoff, and Valhalla.
- H3 8v8 Action Sack: Big Splockets has a high weighting for a limited time.
- H3 Infection: Added Save One Bullet (in addition to Braaaaains) to Salivation (Epitaph).
- H3 Infection: Replaced Braaaaains with Save One Bullet on Brain Freeze (Narrows).
- H3 Infection: Added Save One Bullet (in addition to Braaaaains) to Haunted Manor (Foundry).
- H3 Infection: Replaced Braaaaains with Save One Bullet on Spooky House (Sandbox).
- H2A 8p FFA: Added Checkmate (Nebula) to Slayer and Action Sack (Fiesta and Duals).
- H2A 8p FFA: Added Stigma (Awash) to Slayer, Snipers, and Action Sack (Fiesta and Duals).
- H2A Infection: Temporarily removed Hivemind (Awash) due to some issues with map geometry.
- H4 Infection: Added standard Flood on Skyline and Daybreak.
- All Infection: Made some minor tweaks to map and game variant weighting.
- Added H3 Team Doubles back to ranked matchmaking with the following modes and maps:
- Team Slayer (75% weight) — Construct, Epilogue, Guardian, Isolation, Narrows, Boundless, Pit Stop, Foundry, Blackout, Cold Storage, Assembly, Tundra (Sandbox), Vessel (Sandbox), Citadel, and Heretic
- Multi Flag CTF (5% weight) — Pit Stop, Assembly, Citadel, and Heretic
- One Flag CTF (5% weight) — Epilogue and Blackout
- King of the Hill (5% weight) — Construct, Epilogue, Boundless, Pit Stop, Blackout, Ghost Town, Cold Storage, and Assembly
- Oddball (5% weight) — Construct, epitaph, Guardian, Boundless, Pit Stop, Blackout, Ghost Town, Cold Storage, Citadel, and Heretic
- Snipers (5% weight) — Construct, Guardian, Isolation, Pit Stop, Foundry, and Blackout
- Rotated out H2A Fast Slayer and H2A Team Hardcore playlists.
- H2A 4v4: Added Erupt (Skyward) Slayer and Multi Flag CTF.
- H2A 4v4: Added Muskrat (Skyward) Slayer, Multi Flag CTF, and Neutral Bomb Assault.
- H2A 4v4: Added Oracle (Skyward) Slayer, Multi Flag CTF, SWAT, and Fiesta.
- H2A 4v4: Added Stigma (Awash) Slayer and Oddball.
- The Slayer game category in the 4v4 game size for Halo 4 has been completely revamped:
- Infinity Slayer (57% weight) uses the Refresh map variants with weapons on map and Ordnance for power weapons. Loadouts and personal Ordnance are enabled.
- Infinity Slayer is played on Adrift, Abandon, Haven, Solace, Harvest, Landfall, Monolith, Skyline, Pitfall, and Vertigo.
- Team Slayer (10% weight) also uses the Refresh map variants. Loadouts are enabled but personal Ordnance is disabled.
- Team Slayer is played on Adrift, Abandon, Haven, and Solace.
- Legendary Slayer (33% weight) uses Legendary map variants with all weapons on map. Loadouts and Ordnance are disabled and players spawn with Battle Rifles.
- Legendary Slayer is played on Adrift, Abandon, Solace, Haven, Shutout (Ravine), Ark (Forge Island), Onyx (Forge Island), Landfall, Monolith, Skyline, and Pitfall.
- H3 4v4 Action Sack: Run for Cover on Zeus has been added.
- Zeus: A high weighting has been applied to this option in H3 4v4 Action Sack.
- H2A Fast Slayer has been added to Ranked Matchmaking, which is BR starts, 25 kills to win, and a 5-minute time limit.
- Partial team matching is in place as well as a +/-15 rank matching.
- Maps in playlist are: Lockdown, Zenith, Warlord, Shrine, Erupt (Skyward) by For Chub & purely fat, Oracle (Skyward) by Squally DaBeanz, Muskrat (Skyward) by For Chub & The Psycho Duck, Select (Awash) by SecretSchnitzel and runNOKYARDrun, Stigma (Awash) by Squally DaBeanz.
- Added Team Doubles preset to Social Games: Includes all titles and Slayer, Flag & Bomb, Zone Control, and Asset Denial tags.
- Enabled team matching in social 2v2 so solos will match solos and teams will match teams.
- Added Race on Jurassic (Awash) and Extraordinary (Remnant) to H2A 8p FFA Action Sack.
- HCE 8v8 Action Sack: Removed PC weapons from Hang ‘Em High in Mayhem CTF and Mayhem Crazy King.
- H2A 8v8 Slayer and Flag & Bomb: Added community forge map Unearthed (Skyward) by moo43 to Slayer and Multi Flag CTF.
- H4 8v8 Slayer, Flag & Bomb, and Asset Denial: Added respawning non-random ordnance drops to Ragnarok, Daybreak, and Vertigo.
- Bug Fix for Ranked matchmaking so you still match against blocked players.
- 4v4 Social: Added Rock 'n' Rail on Abandon, Haven, Solace, Landfall, Monolith, Skyline, Pitfall, and Vertigo.
- 8p FFA Social: Added Rock 'n' Rail on Abandon, Haven, Solace, Landfall, Monolith, Skyline, Pitfall, and Vertigo.
- Ranked HCE Team Doubles: Adjusted weighting to increase the frequency of Chill Out, Hang Em High, and Prisoner.
- Ranked HCE Team Doubles: Decreased frequency of Rat Race and Battle Creek.
Halo 2: Anniversary
- 2v2 Social: Added H2A forge maps Epic (Skyward), Oracle (Skyward), and Checkmate (Nebula) to Slayer and Oddball.
- 4v4 Social: Moved H2A forge map Epic (Skyward) to Fiesta.
- Added the H3 Team Slayer ranked playlist.
- Partial party matching is in effect for H3 Team Slayer.
- Removed the H3 Team Arena ranked playlist.
- H2A – Grifball: Added Field Grifball on Lyrenne Castilla Field (runNOKYARDrun).
- New Preset: Added Grifball game preset containing H2A, H3, and H4 to in Social Matchmaking.
- Grifball: Retuned weight of Grifball across all titles to increase appearance when searching it in addition to other categories.
- H2A – Slayer: The map Stonetown has been retired from this category in 4v4.
- The entire Infection offering for H2A has been refreshed.
- Added Breakdown (Lockdown) by omarlotrc – an infected variant of Lockdown.
- Added Gravelord (Warlord) by omarlotrc – an infected variant of Warlord.
- Added Sinkhole (Skyward) by MartianMallCop – a multilayered city collapsing into a sinkhole.
- Added Boarding Pass (Awash) by Sir Zanny – an abandoned train station.
- Added Drillsite (Awash) by PA1NTS – an abandoned oil rig in the middle of the ocean.
- Added Hivemine (Awash) by CommanderColson – a mining facility nested within a canyon.
- Added Scissortail (Awash) by Auxi Klutch – an interior facility overlooking the ocean.
- Added Spillway (Awash) by MartianMallCop – an abandoned skatepark.
- Added Villa De Pena (Awash) by Canadian Echo – a town along the coast.
- 2v2 & 4v4 Social: time limit reduced from 15 to 12 minutes in Slayer, Oddball, CTF, and KotH.
- 4v4 Social: score limit reduced from 5:00 to 3:00 in KotH.
- 8p FFA Race: reduced lap count from 10 to 5, removed Saturn (Foundry), and added 12-minute time limit.
- 8p FFA Social: Beehive and Lava Pit have been moved from 12p FFA Action Sack with adjusted round limits.
- 4v4 & 8p FFA Social: Ninja Assassins score limit has been reduced in Action Sack.
- We have granted the Cartographer Nameplate to those whose Forged maps have been added into matchmaking since our September 2018 update. This nameplate as well has been granted to those who helped craft the suite of modes for CE's Mayhem and CE Action Sack.
Halo 2: Anniversary
- Added Epic (Skyward) Team Slayer, Multi Flag CTF, Neutral Bomb Assault, Crazy King, Oddball, SWAT, Snipers, and Fiesta.
- Added Heatstroke (Skyward) Team Slayer and Multi Flag CTF.
- Added Select (Awash) Team Slayer, Multi Flag CTF, Ricochet, Crazy King, Oddball, SWAT, Snipers, and Fiesta.
- Removed auto-aim and red reticule on HCE Rocket Launcher to align with legacy.
- Fixed an issue where a user could auto-kick themselves after being betrayed by a guest profile in HCE.
- Added a toggle to disable betrayal booting in HCE Custom Games.
- Added more granular score to win options for Slayer in HCE Custom Games.
- Added more granular score to win options for King of the Hill in HCE Custom Games.
- Added more granular time limit options for all game types in HCE Custom Games.
- Fixed an issue in HCE which could result in a crash.
- Fixed an issue in H2C which made kill trading significantly more common than in legacy.
- Adjusted H2C gamma values to better align with legacy.
- Added missing Hardcore Construct map variant in H3 Custom Games.
- Adjusted the vehicle set in Halo: CE Big Team Battle modes.
- Globally disabled infinite sudden death in Halo 2.
- Adjusted time and score limits for Mayhem modes in Halo: CE 8v8 Action Sack.
- Enabled betrayal booting and adjusted gravity settings in H3 Speed Demons.
- Disabled friendly fire and updated descriptions in Fiesta.
- Fixed an issue where the Spider secondary color did not appear.
- Fixed an issue where the Planet secondary color was cut off in the roster.
- Centered Face Mask 2, Delta Wing, Four Rows 1, Sprocket, and Cowboy Hat.
- Centered and correctly scaled Champion.
- Increased rank delta for H2C Hardcore from +/- 10 to +/- 15.
- Increased rank delta for H2A Hardcore from +/- 10 to +/- 15.
- Updated game variant descriptions in H3 Hardcore to show accurate info on loading screens.
- Added Braaaains to Narrows, Epitaph, and Haunted Manor (Foundry).
- Removed Braaaains from Isolation and Rat’s Nest.
- Removed Save One Bullet from Epitaph, Narrows, and Infected Manor (Foundry).
- Removed Creeping Death from Epitaph, Guardian, Snowbound, and Blackout.
- Changed Legendary Slayer map variants in Halo 4 Rumble Pit to remove duplicate power weapons.
- Removed Derelict and Longest Slayer and Battle Creek Siege from CE 8v8 Mayhem.
- Added Rat Race One Flag CTF to CE 8v8 Mayhem and increased weighting of Battle Creek, Hang ‘em High Slayer, and Rat Race KOTH.
- Enabled 8v8 Snipers in the BTB social matchmaking presets.
- CE maps include Sidewinder, Hang ‘em High, Boarding Action, Blood Gulch, and Timberland.
- H2 maps include Burial Mounds, Colossus, Zanzibar, Coagulation, Headlong, Relic, Terminal, and Tombstone.
- H2A maps include Stonetown, Bloodline, and Remnant.
- H3 maps include Sandtrap, Valhalla, Standoff, Rat’s Nest, Avalanche, and Longshore.
- H4 maps include Longbow, Meltdown, Ragnarok, Harvest, Daybreak, and Perdition.
- Yesterday we brought online bans for dodging for any player who quits after the match has been locked in. This means even prior to the loading screen during the matching players scenario. Players who dodge will receive quit bans appropriately now. There are two caveats to this update, however. First – if the match you dodge out of hasn’t finished – there are scenarios where you can still search and find a new match and complete it before receiving a ban. This is due to the ban system waiting for the match to end in order to check for missing players and ban accordingly. The second is that the rule which allows a player to quit without a penalty after half your team has quit is based off of the number of users who are present when the game starts rather than when the match is formed. This means that, if a user quits from the loading screen, the next two players who quit from that player’s team will receive bans. The team is investigating ways to resolve this and will update in the future if a fix can be implemented.
- Enabled Action Sack category for Halo CE in the 8v8 game size in social matchmaking for Mayhem game types.
- Added Mayhem Slayer with 250 kills to win to Battle Creek, Rat Race, Hang 'Em High, Derelict, and Longest.
- Added One Flag Siege with two-minute offense and five captures to win on Battle Creek.
- Added Two Flag CTF to Hang 'Em High.
- Added static KotH to Battle Creek.
- Added moving hill KotH to Damnation, Rat Race, and Derelict.
- Removed Forge variants Panic Station and Excavation from H4 Slayer and CTF categories in the 8v8 game size.
- HCE 4v4 Sniper Slayer: Battle Creek, Damnation, Prisoner, Hang 'Em High, Chill Out, Boarding Action.
- H2 4v4 Sniper Slayer: Lockout, Ascension, Midship, Ivory Tower, Beaver Creek, Colossus, Sanctuary, Turf, Tombstone.
- H2A 4v4 Sniper Slayer: Lockdown, Zenith, Shrine.
- H3 4v4 Sniper Slayer: Construct, Guardian, Isolation, Narrows, Snowbound, The Pit, Blackout, Assembly, Citadel, Heretic.
- H3 4v4 Sniper Hill: Guardian, Citadel, Heretic.
- H4 4v4 Sniper Slayer: Adrift, Abandon, Haven, Solace, Landfall, Monolith, Skyline, Pitfall, Vertigo.
- Added the DreamHack Dallas H3 FFA ranked playlist.
- Increased the weight of racetracks in Action Sack for H3 in social 8p FFA.
- Added Methane Moshpit on Lockout to 4v4 H2C Action Sack.
- Added Ball Grab on Midship to 4v4 H2C Action Sack.
- Added Brute Shoot on Elongation to 4v4 H2C Action Sack.
- Yapyap and his Grunt Rebellion have been driven out and the normal theme has returned.
- Fixed an issue that could result in a profile crashing after creating and removing many UGC files.
- Added Halo 3 Hardcore game variants to built-in Custom Game menu.
- Adjusted code to help reduce playing the same map multiple times in a row.
- Rotated the Yappening and Multi Team out and rotated Infection in.
- Halo CE: Reduced Crazy King score-to-win from 120 to 60 in 8p FFA Zone Control.
- Halo CE: Added Snipers to Damnation, Hang ‘Em High, Derelict, and Boarding Action in 8p FFA Snipers.
- Halo 2: Reduced Crazy King score-to-win from 120 to 60 in 8p FFA Zone Control.
- Halo 2: Added SWAT to Lockout, Ascension, Ivory Tower, Beaver Creek, Sanctuary, Turf, Desolation, and Tombstone in 8p FFA SWAT.
- Halo 2: Added Snipers to Lockout, Ascension, Midship, Ivory Tower, Sanctuary, Turf, and Tombstone in 8p FFA Snipers.
- H2A: Reduced Crazy King score-to-win from 120 to 100 in 8p FFA Zone Control.
- H2A: Added Snipers to Lockdown, Zenith, and Shrine in 8p FFA Snipers.
- Halo 3: Added SWAT to Construct, Guardian, Isolation, Boundless, Pit Stop, Foundry, Blackout, Ghost Town, and Cold Storage in 8p FFA SWAT.
- Halo 3: Added Snipers to Construct, Guardian, Isolation, Narrows, Snowbound, The Pit, Blackout, Assembly, Citadel, and Heretic in 8p FFA Snipers.
- Halo 4: Reduced Crazy King score-to-win from 150 to 100 in 8p FFA Zone Control.
- Halo 4: Added SWAT to Adrift, Abandon, Haven, Solace, Landfall, Monolith, Skyline, and Pitfall in 8p FFA SWAT.
- Halo 4: Added Snipers to Abandon, Complex, Haven, Solace, Landfall, Monolith, Pitfall, and Vertigo in 8p FFA Snipers.
- Halo 3 Lone Wolves content has moved to Rumble Pit and is being retired.
- The new Rumble Pit offering contains 56 maps across all games and will include a variety of game types.
- Slayer: Includes standard Slayer, AR start, Infinity variants, and higher weighted BR starts.
- Zone Control: Includes Crazy King variants across all titles.
- Asset Denial: Includes Oddball, Reign in CE, Juggernaut in H3, and Regicide in H4.
- Action Sack: Includes Fiesta, Swords, Rockets, Shotguns, Slayer Duals and Rally in H2A, Race in H3, and Ninja Assassins in H4.
- Skill based matchmaking has been enabled for Social Games.
4v4 HCE Slayer: Reduced score limit from 75 to 50.
8v8 HCE Slayer: Disabled radar in Slayer.
8v8 H2A Slayer: Added Assault Rifle secondary weapon
8v8 HCE Flag and Bomb: Disabled radar, disabled flag-at-home-to-score, and disabled touch return in Capture the Flag.
8v8 HCE Zone Control: Disabled radar in King of the Hill.
8v8 HCE Zone Control: Disabled hill movement in King of the Hill on Blood Gulch.
8v8 H4 Zone Control: Increased score-to-win from 5 to 10 in Extraction.
8v8 H4 Asset Denial: Increased score-to-win from 800 to 1200 in Regicide.
MCC April Update
|03/27/2019||Social Games – 2v2 – Action Sack|
H2C – Added Lockout, Midship, Warlock, Beaver Creek, and Ivory Tower Fiesta.
H2A – Added Lockdown, Warlord, and Shrine Fiesta.
H3 – Added Guardian, Narrows, The Pit, Cold Storage, and Heretic Fiesta.
H4 – Added Haven, Skyline, Abandon, Landfall, and Monolith Fiesta.
Social Games – 2v2 – Zone Control
H2C – Added Lockout, Ivory Tower, and Sanctuary King of the Hill.
|03/20/2019||Social Games – 8v8 – H1|
Slayer: Removed Danger Canyon, Infinity, and Death Island. Added Boarding Action. Increased weighting for Blood Gulch and Sidewinder.
Flag and Bomb: Increased weighting for Blood Gulch and Sidewinder Capture the Flag.
Zone Control: Removed Infinity and added Blood Gulch for King of the Hill.
Social Games – 8v8 – Action Sack
Halo 2: Added BTB Fiesta on Burial Mounds, Colossus, Zanzibar, Coagulation, Headlong, Waterworks, Terminal, and Tombstone.
Halo 2 Anniversary: Added BTB Fiesta on Stonetown, Bloodline, and Remnant.
Halo 3: Added BTB Fiesta on Sandtrap Heavy, Valhalla Heavy, Standoff Heavy, and Avalanche Heavy.
Halo 4: Added BTB Fiesta on Exile Heavy, Longbow Heavy, Ragnarok Heavy, Perdition Heavy, and Outcast Heavy.
- H2C & H2A Team Hardcore: Increased Objective weight relative to Slayer for each map.
- HCE 4v4 Zone Control: Added Battle Creek, Hang Em High, and Wizard King of the Hill.
- HCE 4v4 Asset Denial: Added Wizard and Longest Oddball.
- H2A 4v4 Flag & Bomb: Added Sanctuary Ricochet.
- H3 4v4 Slayer: Removed AR starts from Last Resort and Standoff, added BR starts to Construct, Foundry, Snowbound, Standoff, Cold Storage, and Assembly, and reduced AR starts weight across all maps.
- H2C Team Arena is replaced with H2C Team Hardcore.
- All H2C Arena contents can still be played in Match Composer.
- Betrayal and Suicide penalties have been disabled in Hardcore.
- H2A Team Arena is replaced with H2A Team Hardcore.
- 4v4 HCE Action Sack: Chiron TL-34, Chill Out, and Rat Race support Team Muskets.
- 4v4 HCE Action Sack: Battle Creek, Chill Out, and Wizard support Team Rocketball.
- 4v4 HCE Action Sack: Moved Reverse Tag on Damnation from Asset Denial to Action Sack.
- 4v4 HCE Action Sack: Chill Out, Longest, and Rat Race support Team Reign.
- 4v4 H2C Snipers: Added Lockout, Midship, Beaver Creek, and Sanctuary and re-tuned weighting.
- 2v2v2v2 Action Sack: Score to win in Fiesta increased from 25 to 50.
- 8v8 H2A Flag and Bomb: Reduced number of rounds from 6 to 4 for One Flag CTF and One Bomb Assault.
- 8v8 H2A Zone Control: Added attack/defend Territories to Remnant and Stonetown.
- 8v8 H2A all: Disabled Sudden Death and better aligned game settings across modes.
- Infection (12 player FFA): Teams can now search for a game with a squad of up to 12 players.
- The next MCC patch, which should be landing soon, will bring a menu refresh and a series of matchmaking updates. The matchmaking changes will focus on a plethora of game types for HCE that will populate the fan requested Action Sack search option in Social Matchmaking. If time permits, we will also be looking to make some changes based on feedback for Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary. Full details of this matchmaking update will drop when it does.
|02/20/2019||Social Games (Halo 3)|
- 2v2v2v2 Slayer: Increased score to win.
- 1v1 Slayer: “Carbon” supporting the game type Head to Head.
- 4v4 Action Sack: “Paralysis”, “The Great Wall”, and “Socratic Method” supporting the game type Conquest.
- 4v4 Action Sack: “BLAST OFF!!!” supporting the game type Flying’ High.
- 8v8 Slayer & Flag and Bomb: “Multicog” supporting the game types BTB Slayer and BTB Capture the Flag.
- 12 Player (FFA) – Action Sack: “Lava Pit” supporting the game type Sacrifice.
- 12 Player (FFA) – Action Sack: “Pond Jumping” supporting the game type Frogger.
- 12 Player (FFA) – Action Sack: “Bee Hive” supporting the game type Bees.
MCC February Update
- H3 Team Arena: Neutral Bomb has replaced Multi Bomb on Heretic and Isolation.
- H3 Team Arena: Blackout - Oddball: An exploit to get out of the map has been fixed.
- 4v4 H3 Assault: One Bomb Assault (BR) has been added for Ghost Town and Orbital.
- 4v4 H3 Assault: Neutral Bomb Assault (BR) is replacing Multi Bomb Assault on Citadel, Heretic, and Isolation.
- 8v8 H3 King of the Hill: Added Crazy King (BR) to Valhalla, Rat’s Nest, Standoff, and Longshore.
- H3 Epilogue (Epitaph): The Brute Shot has been placed on the top mid floating platform to align with the legacy behavior.
- Fixed issues where incorrect strings were displayed in the main menu as well as in matchmaking search selections.
Competitive Games (H3 Lone Wolves)
- Slayer, King of the Hill, and Oddball have had a Magnum secondary added to all AR start variants.
Social Games - 1v1
- Teams have been enabled in Head to Head to make it so you can no longer view your enemy after dying.
Social Games – 8v8 – HCE Slayer
- Lowered time limit to 15 minutes
- Enabled the Flamethrower and Fuel Rod Gun from Halo PC
- Adjusted vehicle sets so each team receives 1 Warthog, 1 Rocket ‘Hog, 2 Ghosts, and 1 Scorpion
Social Games – 4v4 – H3 – Team Snipers
- Beam Rifles are now present on map
- Radar has been disabled
- H4 4v4 Social: Added Ricochet on Haven, Pitfall, Hekau, Inheritor, Breezeway, Butter, Firestone, and Parallax.
- H4 8v8 Social: Added Team Slayer and Capture the Flag on Panic Station and Excavation.
MCC January Update
|01/09/2019||Social Games – 4v4|
Halo 3 Slayer – Lowered weighting of AR start entries which are now 50/50 split with BR starts.
Halo 3 Assault – Added in Multi-Bomb Assault for Assembly, Citadel, and The Pit.
Social Games – 8v8
Halo 3 – Added Sandbox variant Entrenched for BTB Slayer, Multi Flag, and Neutral Bomb.
Halo 3 – Total Sandbox weighting pool is the same, but each is lowered with addition of Entrenched.
Halo CE – Ice Fields CTF has had its weighting reduced due to highest quit rates.
Social Games – Infection
Halo 3 – Hide and Seek has been removed based on overwhelming feedback.
Halo 3- Weightings in this playlist now better align with legacy Living Dead playlist from Halo 3 X360.
Competitive Games – Halo 3 Lone Wolves
Lowered Objective game type weighting.
Slayer / Objective is now an 80%/20% split for weighting.
|12/19/2018||Social Games (4v4)|
- H2A Slayer: Zenith has been added to the map rotation.
- H2A Team Snipers: Lowered weighting of Relic in the map rotation.
- H2A Slayer, Capture the Flag, and Assault: Removed Relic from the map rotation.
- H4 Slayer & Capture the Flag: Added forge map Onyx to the map rotation.
- Updated 1v1 hopper thumbnail image.
- Updated 2v2 hopper thumbnail image.
- Updated 4v4 hopper thumbnail image.
- Updated 12p hopper thumbnail image.
- Updated 8v8 hopper thumbnail image.
- H3 ALL: Lowered weighting of Sandbox map variants for all team sized modes and game types.
- 2v2 H4 Team Slayer: Added forge maps Onyx, Scythe, Akasha, and Cryptic.
- 2v2 H4 Capture the Flag: Added forge map Onyx.
- 2v2 H4 King of the Hill: Added forge map Cryptic.
- 2v2 H4 ALL: Adjusted weighting of maps to accommodate new map variants.
- Ranked H2C: Added the H2C Team Hardcore maps and game variants to H2C Team Arena.
- Social HCE: For the 8v8 Slayer option, the weighting for the maps Ice Fields and Death Island has been reduced.
- Social HCE: For the 8v8 Capture the Flag option, when multiple game types are selected, the weighting for capture the flag has been reduced.
- Social H2C: For the 2v2 Slayer option, the map Sanctuary has been added.
- Social H4: For the 8v8 Capture the Flag option, the 5 to win game types have been reduced to 3 to win.
- H3: Resolved an issue where a host migration would not occur when the host leaves a Custom Game resulting in the game ending.
- HCE: Fixed an issue where horizontal and vertical aiming speed would not be reflected appropriately when selecting higher values.
- Removed Magnum secondary and grenades from H2A and H3 Team Snipers.
- Adjusted the weightings in H3 Team Hardcore so that every map is weighted equally.
- The weighting for Objective in H3 Team Hardcore is now at 58% while the weighting for Slayer is 42%.
- Updated H3 1v1 to use MLG map variants.
- Added H3 Team Hardcore.
- Increased the weighting of BR Slayer in Lone Wolves.
- Added H4 Heavies.
- Added AGLA Grifball on Hangar 101 (Halo 4) to Grifball.
MCC November Update
- Increased the weighting of Team Slayer variants in all Team Arena playlists.
|10/24/2018||Infection Weighting Changes|
- H2A: Weighting increased to 33%.
- H3: Weighting decreased to 33%.
- H4: Weighting increased to 33%.
|10/17/2018||New Playlist (Infection)|
- H2A: Added Infection on Lockdown, Shrine, Stonetown, Warlord, and Zenith.
- H2A: Added Cadre on Lockdown, Shrine, Stonetown, Warlord, and Zenith.
- H3: Added Braaaains on Assembly (Dismemberment), Avalanche (Zombies on Ice), Blackout (Deadlock), Cold Storage (Rigor Mortis), Epitaph (Salivation), Foundry (Haunted Manor), Ghost Town (Ghoul Town), Guardian (Tree Rot), High Ground (Club Dead), Isolation (Growth Spurt), Last Resort (Zomzibar), Longshore (Dead Docks), Narrows (Brain Freeze), Orbital (Andromeda), Rat's Nest (Bubonic), Sandbox (Spooky House), Snowbound (Zomboni), Standoff (Dish of Doom), The Pit (Charnel Pit), and Valhalla (Death Valley).
- H3: Added Creeping Death on Assembly (Dismemberment), Avalanche (Zombies on Ice), Blackout (Deadlock), Cold Storage (Rigor Mortis), Epitaph (Salivation), Foundry (Haunted Manor), Ghost Town (Ghoul Town), Guardian (Tree Rot), High Ground (Club Dead), Isolation (Growth Spurt), Last Resort (Zomzibar), Longshore (Dead Docks), Narrows (Brain Freeze), Orbital (Andromeda), Rat's Nest (Bubonic), Sandbox (Spooky House), Snowbound (Zomboni), Standoff (Dish of Doom), The Pit (Charnel Pit), and Valhalla (Death Valley).
- H3: Added Save One Bullet on Assembly (Dismemberment), Avalanche (Zombies on Ice), Blackout (Deadlock), Cold Storage (Rigor Mortis), Epitaph (Salivation), Foundry (Haunted Manor), Ghost Town (Ghoul Town), Guardian (Tree Rot), High Ground (Club Dead), Isolation (Growth Spurt), Last Resort (Zomzibar), Longshore (Dead Docks), Narrows (Brain Freeze), Orbital (Andromeda), Rat's Nest (Bubonic), Sandbox (Spooky House), Snowbound (Zomboni), Standoff (Dish of Doom), The Pit (Charnel Pit), and Valhalla (Death Valley).
- H3: Added Speed Demons on Avalanche (Zombies on Ice), High Ground (Club Dead), Isolation (Growth Spurt), Longshore (Dead Docks), Orbital (Andromeda), Rat's Nest (Bubonic), Snowbound (Zomboni), Standoff (Dish of Doom), The Pit (Charnel Pit), and Valhalla (Death Valley).
- H4: Added Flood on Abandon (Blood Cavern), Adrift (Warehouse), Complex (Cliffside), Erosion (Black Site), Haven (Wraparound), Landfall (Port), and Ravine (Malice, Serenity).
- H4: Added Hivemind on Erosion (Procedure, Temple), Forge Island (Drillsite, Morgan Bay, Payload, Prora, Repression, Villa Del Pena), Impact (The 4th Kind), and Ravine (Until Now).
- H4: Added Last Stand on Erosion (Repository, Substance), Forge Island (Plaza), and Impact (Constellation).
MCC October Update
- H2A Team Snipers: Removed secondary starting weapon, grenades, and grenades from map.
- H3 Team Snipers: Removed secondary starting weapon, grenades, and grenades from map in Sniper Hill.
- H3 Team Hardcore Doubles: Adjusted all gametypes to have suicide and betrayal penalty off.
- H3 Team Hardcore Doubles: Removed Active Camo on pickup from Custom Power Up Traits on The Pit.
- HCE Team Arena: Team Slayer kill limit reduced from 100 to 50.
Matchmaking Rule Changes
- Players at level 40 and above now can match players within the 30-50 range.
- Loosening party matchmaking rules in ranked hoppers.
- Max team sizes will only match max team sizes in Ranked 4vs4 games.
- Parties of 3 in 4v4 playlists can now match parties of 1, 2, and 3.
- Team Doubles will now create matches based on any team size.
- Since the September update, we have been tuning the rules behind the scenes for our auto-ban system to better address players who repeatedly quit out of matchmade games. Even though the automated version isn’t quite ready for prime time, the Ban Hammer definitely is. The team has recently issued our first wave of matchmaking suspensions to players who are actively and repeatedly quitting games.
If you are worried that this could impact you, we would suggest not quitting out of games. Repeatedly quitting out of matches really creates a poor experience for the rest of the players in the game. Don’t do it. If you don’t like the maps or modes being offered, spin up a custom game with the settings you enjoy (check out the “Looking for Group” feature in the Official Halo Club to find like-minded players!).
- Improved game stability, notably in Halo CE campaign, Playlists, and main menu.
- A crash on Spartan Ops Mission 9 episode 1 has been resolved.
- H2C Team SWAT has been rotated out and replaced with Team Snipers.
- Added H3 Team Hardcore Doubles.
- Removed Team Sniper variants from all Team Arena playlists.
MCC September Update
|09/12/2018||New Rotational Playlist (H2C SWAT)|
- Includes Slayer (Ascension, Beaver Creek, Colossus, Elongation, Gemini, Ivory Tower, Lockout, Midship, Sanctuary, Turf, Warlock).
- Includes CTF (Colossus, Midship, Sanctuary, Warlock).
- Includes King of the Hill (Ascension, Beaver Creek, Colossus, Ivory Tower, Lockout, Midship, Sanctuary, Turf, Warlock).
- Includes Oddball (Lockout, Midship, Turf).
Playlist Changes (HCE: Team Arena)
- Increased weighting to Damnation Team Slayer.
- Increased weighting to Battle Creek Team Slayer.
- Increased weighting to Prisoner Team Slayer.
- Increased weighting to Hang em’ High Team Slayer.
- Increased weighting to Chill Out Team Slayer.
- Increased weighting to Derelict Team Slayer.
- Increased weighting to Rat Race Team Slayer.
- Added Battle Creek King of the Hill.
- Added Blood Gulch Snipers.
- Added Blood Gulch Capture the Flag.
- Added Boarding Action Snipers.
- Removed Longest Team Slayer.
- Removed Wizard Team Slayer.
- Removed Prisoner King of the Hill.
- Removed Damnation Oddball.
- Removed Wizard Oddball.
- A quick update on a change being made today that is an adjustment to our expanded search addition that happened earlier this week. The change earlier was a network configuration that was aimed at helping those in social matchmaking who have been having challenges finding matches in less active regions. This currently is only implemented for social playlists. While matchmaking the fixed aimed to expand the search radius over time to include servers where pings were of a higher requirement. Today's change will make the time to expansion much faster for each stage of this expansion so players can find matches even faster in these regions.
- H3 BTB: Removed all Team Sniper game variants
- H3 BTB: Increased weighting on all Valhalla and Standoff game types.
- H2A Team Arena: Reduced weighting for all Stonetown game types
- H2C Team Arena: Reduced all Team Sniper game variants
- H2C Team Arena: Reduced weighting on all Tombstone, Elongation, Desolation, and Foundation game types
- H2C Team Arena: Removed Burial Mounds
- HCE Team Doubles: Removed Wizard
- HCE Team Doubles: Reduced weighting on Rat Race
- H3 Team Arena: Reduced weighting on all Blackout game types
- H3 Team Arena: Reduced weighting on all Last Resort and Standoff game types
- H3 Team Arena: Removed 1 Flag on Blackout
- H3 Team Arena: Increased weighting on Blackout Team BRs
- H3 Team Arena: Increased weighting on Construct King of the Hill
- H3 Team Arena: Increased weighting on Foundry Team BRs
- H3 Team Arena: Increased weighting on Guardian Team BRs & Guardian Team Oddball
- H3 Team Arena: Increased weighting on Heretic Team BRs & Heretic CTF
- H3 Team Arena: Increased weighting on Narrows Team BRs & Narrows CTF
- H3 Team Arena: Increased weighting on Pit Team BRs & Pit CTF
MCC August Update