|Circles and sub-circles:||Description:||Contacts:|
|Actions circle||Arts||* To contact artists and creative people to make the protests more attractive and newsworthy|
* To work out what to do on this score and work with the action and logistics group to make these ideas happen
* To make arty things for actions
* To communicate with action and logistics on how art stuff interacts with plans actions etc
For a visualisation of this sheet see the Kumu Organism
For a write up of the restructure process see this document
|International rebellion 15th April||Production||Action briefing||AGEStrategy@protonmail.com|
|Action and logistics|
|Action, Events and Gatherings Strategy||* To stay in alignment with the direction created by the Movement Strategy Team.|
* To come up with and decide upon mass / coordinated action ideas in support of XR’s purpose, movement and political strategy, for these to be interwoven with other events and gatherings that support the movement, for example to build community.
* To discern, communicate and support the implementation over time that will enable such actions, including the build-up period (such as outreach, training, affinity group formation, practice actions, and trust-building), action period, and consolidation period (such as integration and training of newly-involved people, healing of hurt relationships and rebuilding of trust, and debriefing/learning), and regeneration period.
* Taking feedback from local and international groups, to decide and communicate the dates for Rebellion Days, Gatherings, and other UK- or internationally-coordinated events and action periods (days, weeks, etc.)
|Legal||To develop a legal strategy that people getting arrested in the context of XR actions can use in court. To provide protesters with basic legal support through legal observers on the action day and to provide arrestees with basic legal and interpersonal support via email and phone calls after an action. To spread a culture of considering legal implications of actions within XR with the aid of legal trainings and the provision of legal materials for standard XR trainings. All the legal information is not provided by legal team members themselves, unless they have an appropriate professional background, but they research legal information or connect XR members with appropriate sources of email@example.com|
|Trainings and information|
|Movement circle||Community||* To recruit and to train people, in order to enable them to take an ongoing part in the rebellion.|
* To recruit people by going to events and groups to do call outs about the rebellion
* To contact people and groups online to tell them about the rebellion
* To let people know how to get involved both in the actions and organisation of the rebellion.
* To organise the formation of affinity groups and their consolidation.
* To give this Rebellion Overview to new people and organise briefing for new people at meetings.
* To ensure all people in the Working Groups get a briefing on the communication system.
|Regional Development||To help local groups establish and ensure that their coordinators sign an agreement with XR to adhere to the basic principles and values.|
To organise the coordinators of local groups to meet and discuss coordination of action
To provide local groups with necessary materials to help grow.
To provide trainings on how to run local groups and how to be a coordinator
To provide each country, regional and affinity group with a mentor/contact person.
To liaise with the political group in order to empower local groups to trial local CAs.
|Reactive team||To respond to messages on our Social Media, and moderate the space, respond to Emails and signpost people towards places where they can get more firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Newsletter||To write weekly content for the overall newsletter|
To ensure the newsletter is shared by weblink on all of our social media platforms when it is released.
To liase with Country & Regional Development to help local groups with the creation of their own newsletters.
* To help XR groups set up internationally, providing them with relevant materials and induction into the principles and values of XR
* To coordinate the distribution of international funds (20% of crowdfunder from november 10th) to ensure that it gets used in the best possible way to build the international expansion of XR. This figure may change over time
* To build partnerships and share information on resources/materials internationally (In communication with the movement strategy team)
* To help coordinate international actions (In communication with the action strategy team)
* To adopt tech tools to facilitate international communication (in communication with tech team)
* To support and coordinate the Global XR Alliance
|Integration||To help integrate new people that want to get involved in the current NEEDS/GAPS of working groups and local groups.|
To establish teams of phone bankers and email bankers that can communicate key messages
To provide trainings for new phone/email bankers and to train the trainers in how this system works
To keep track of new recruits and actively communicate with other working groups about potential recruits. To welcome new recruits to the Extinction Rebellion, take their feedback, listen to their hopes and concerns and offer advice/reassurance.
|Finance||Ensure that XR has sufficient finances to support the movement and collective / national actions therein and that finances are dealt with in a transparent and accountable fashion.|
Financial “management” and governance: Ensure that those supporting financial processes have what they need, in both understanding and practically, to do their tasks. Ensure that cashflow is managed. Report to companies house and oversee annual accounts. Observe the compensatory budget process and review / change it if it ceases to work well.
Fundraising: Ensure that money is raised from both supportive funders and through crowdfunding. Ensure that funders don’t unduly influence XR strategy and actions. Reporting back to funders both formally and informally.
Admin: Oversee day-to-day admin of the financial processes
|Media & Messaging||* To contact journalists and develop existing media contacts.|
* To work out key framings, arguments and point and find and brief people to speak to the media.
* To write and send out press releases.
* To sort out social media plan – twitter facebook etc and put it into practice.
* To create and carry out a written media plan coordinated with the action and logistics group.
|Press||* Liaises with Local, National, International + Specialist press|
* Press releases, advisories, statements
|Press@risingup.org.uk (ONLY PRESS ENQUIRIES)|
|Influencers & Spokespeople||Researching for and relationship management of spokespeople (XR internal) + notables (external voices)|
Reach out to and manage ongoing relationships with notables
Liaise between action teams/media teams and notables
Create audience specific opportunities/events for notables
Create and manage events for notables to introduce their notable friends to XR.
To record any XR interviews on radio/TV
To push out on social media
|Social Media||* Posts, videos + photos to be shared from the XR Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube|
* Streams (tbc): a) priority events b) photos post events c) xr media coverage d) environmental/visionary news"
|To have facebook events added on the main facebook page contact the email email@example.com|
* To encourage a culture of care and respect.
* To create procedures which aim to welcome people into the rebellion, that are designed to help people to feel supported and appreciated.
* To help equip all people joining and taking part in NVDA / support roles with the relevant advice on practical and emotional wellbeing
* To ensure people are swiftly informed of ways to engage in respectful and non-violent communication, on- and off-line, e.g. briefing people at the beginning of meetings.
* To design and implement a buddy/check-in system to support people during the rebellion.
* To create written documentation on specific details of what support people can expect before, during, and after actions
* To coordinate support for people in prison and on court dates, liaising with affinity groups.
* To support working/affinity groups to design and implement practical and emotional feedback sessions after the rebellion which are well facilitated and based upon the principles of nonviolent communication.
* To design and implement a clear & transparent disciplinary process to deal with anyone who is being disruptive, harassing and/or disrespectful in rebellion spaces, which may include asking people to leave the rebellion.
* To assist people who are in conflict by implementing the RisingUp Conflict Resolution Process.
|Land support firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Social media and Integration|
|Regenerative culture DNA|
|Conflict Resolution and Safeguarding|
|Co-ordination and Connections|
* To discern, decide and communicate the overall strategic direction for the Extinction Rebellion.
* To take feedback and stay attuned to the movement (including the other XR Strategy Teams and communities of resistance around the world that share a close alignment of purpose with XR) through debrief and feedback processes, and advocate for perceived needs of the movement.
* To decide upon the strategic use of resources, where it is not otherwise decided within other teams.
* Drawing upon the wisdom of the XR Guardianship Team, to decide upon and clarify the XR Purpose, Principles & Values, Vision, Mission, Aims, and other strategic documents and statements (such as the XR Rebellion Overview document and the RisingUp documents, in other words these things need pulling together, not a huge rewrite), and to make them easily and publicly accessible.
* Taking into account the proposals of the Political Strategy Team, and seeking advice from XR Council, to make decisions for the Extinction Rebellion regarding endgame scenarios – e.g. a win which will lead to calling off civil disobedience.
|International Solidarity||IN PROCESS OF FORMING|
|Tech & Infrastructure||This is starting with a Tech Governance group, and additional sub-groups or teams will be formed as appropriate.|
An initial proposal is available: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oYRwN1_NPiScnmQw16jZ0ChBLpc4GCzzxm0rF-JLQhM/edit
The previous mandate, taken from the [Rebellion Overview googledoc](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gN92NvQEAw4MJ5rNAf3kVIJtLcc3KDUJVVYHQjtB-9E/edit) was as follows:
* To sort out legal matters (related to technology, e.g. GDPR)
* To deal with information systems
* To deal with the design of online presence eg website - facebook etc
* To decide which core IT systems are used, and to provide training for those who use them
|Talks and Trainings||* To absorb more people into XR by organising the Heading for Extinction talk in various communities. * To train XR members in delivering the talk & trainings and serve as a point of contact for them. * To identify a set of key skills & knowledge required by a majority of XR members and develop appropriate training formats to convey these skills & knowledge, with a focus on NVDA trainings. * To stay in touch with other working groups to identify their needs for trainings & to avoid overlaps with trainings they may provide to their members; this includes to compile a comprehensive list of XR trainings that is publicly email@example.com|
|Event organisation||To receive and reply to requests for trainings across the country in NVDA, Legal, Talks, Extinction Rebellion Induction and local groups firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Festivals||To organise & arrange XR’s presence at festivals this summer, with the aim of delivering outreach, training & email@example.com|
|Talks and Trainings|
|Training the Trainer|
|Event content||To build and review our current trainings, taking feedback from different groups and to change trainings based on given circumstances (e.g Swarming for NVDA), to come up with different versions depending on the context (e.g. classroom) and to evaluate workshop feedback from feedback forms.|
|Political Circle||Political Strategy||* To stay in alignment with the direction created by the Movement Strategy Team|
* To organise a Negotiating Team to speak to the authorities/government if and when an opportunity opens to us, where the Negotiating Team cannot include members of the Stewardship & Strategy Teams
* To take advice and network with others in the radical movements about how to proceed
* To take advice and network with people in the political class/sphere who can talk, including talking behind the scenes, to people in the government / political parties, on our behalf.
* On the basis of the feedback from all the above four groups, to make specific proposals to the Movement Strategy Team on endgame scenarios
|Citizen's Assembly Working Groupfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Climate & Ecological Emergency|
|Political Task Force||(Not yet established)|
|Self-organising System team||* Evolving self-organising systems for XR & publishing information about them so they are as easy to use as possible|
* Equipping people to use XR’s self-organising systems through training, publishing resources, direct support to teams as needed
* Facilitating the mechanisms of debriefing across the XR Organism
|Guardianship team||* To offer information and insight to the XR Organism on why things were done a certain way over the history of RisingUp and the Extinction Rebellion, including historical context, processes that took place, how and why particular decisions were made, and other pertinent information.|
* To watch the changes the Movement Strategy Team make to the XR Purpose, Principles & Values, Vision, Mission, Aims, and other strategic documents and statements, and if they are found to be significantly different in spirit from previous such documents, to raise such concerns to the XR Council.
* To track the start dates of members of the 3 Strategy Teams, remind those teams of term limits within a timely manner, and ensure term limits are not exceeded
* To decide upon the initial process of selection of the membership and term of the XR Council (Likely to be comprised of older and younger people).
|XR Council||NOT YET FORMED (forming it is the Mandate of the Guardianship Team)|
* To hold final decision making powers when agreement cannot be reached by the other XR Stewardship & Strategy Teams, or when those Teams encounter questions, issues or raise concerns that they cannot otherwise resolve.
* To hold the deeper purpose of XR and bring wisdom into XR