|macaron natural coloring||http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/11/02/452561192/move-over-yellow-6-more-natural-colors-from-plants-are-coming|
|garam marsala powder||http://food52.com/blog/13636-how-to-make-use-one-of-the-most-popular-indian-spice-mixes|
|world peace chocolate cookie||http://food52.com/recipes/25372-pierre-herme-dorie-greenspan-s-world-peace-cookies|
|scotch chocolate cake||http://thisisauthentic.com/2015/10/one-can-never-have-enough-chocolate-cake/|
|ciabatta - good read||http://lindawu122470.pixnet.net/blog/post/202666720|
|steamed rice cake||http://tzyyunn.blogspot.sg/2015/08/blog-post_17.html|
|Switchel drink, serves 4||4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (I like the unfiltered stuff, like Bragg's, best)|
4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced (as much as you want—I usually slice up a piece the size of my thumb)
4 cups water
Shake to combine thoroughly, then refrigerate for at least 12 hours, up to 1 week
To serve, strain into glasses filled with ice—or heat it and drink as a tea.
|potato bun with butter filling||http://imoteo80.blogspot.my/2015/10/skg.html|
|apple bottom cheesecake bar||http://witandvinegar.com/2015/11/apple-bottom-cheesecake-bars.html|
|Vege soup||salted egg, century egg, garlic, anchovy|
|Potato cutlet||shallot, black pepper, tuna|
|best roast potato||potato chunks are first parcooked in boiling, salted water, before tossing them in olive oil, salt, mustard, and black pepper and roasting on a preheated sheet pan|
|Tomato with egg|
|Steamed egg||1 egg + 3 part water + 1 cooked salted egg + salt + pepper, steam 7 minutes++ in medium fire in pot with gap by sticking chopstick, topped with fried shallot|
|Tofu diced (Mapo style)||with mince meat, sesame oil, bean paste etc|
|chicken wine soup||chicken marinate soy sauce, white pepper and sesame oil for 30 mins|
fry bentong ginger julienned in sesame oil, add garlic
add chicken, mushroom
add wine, salt, pepper
|chicken wine soup 2||Half chicken|
200g bentong ginger, chopped with skin
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
700g rice wine
|nyonya laksa and condiments||http://annieliciousfood.blogspot.my/2015/07/laksa-lemak-nyonya-laksa.html|
|ayam kunyit, serve 4||700g chicken drumsticks (or thighs)|
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 stalks lemongrass – scored lengthways and bruised
Small pinch of sea salt (to taste)
2 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tsp sea salt
12 curry leaves
75 ml water
2 tbsp deep-fried shallots
Heat up the vegetable oil in a lidded sauté pan. Fry the lemongrass stalks in the oil for 2 – 3 minutes on a low heat until the oil is infused and fragrant.
Season the chicken with a small pinch of salt then add it to the pan and fry in the lemongrass oil for 4 – 5 minutes. Turn occasionally until the skin is evenly browned on all sides.
Combine all the turmeric mixture ingredients and pour over the chicken. Bring to a simmer and cook with the lid on (but slightly ajar) for about 15 minutes (or until the chicken is fully cooked through). Turn the chicken every 5 minutes or so to ensure even cooking. The sauce should naturally reduce to a coating consistency (if not, remove the lid for the final few minutes of cooking).
Garnish with fried shallots
tau fu pok
hard boiled egg
|curry chicken||1.4kg chicken, should be less than 1.5kg|
marinate in pounced old ginger and 2.5 tsp sea salt
5 potatoes or more, baked or fried
blend below ingredients:
300g bag of rose shallot
10g dried chilli, about 9 pieces, soak in hot water
100g galangal ginger, it is quite forgiving thus can use more if you want
Optional, 10g turmeric, i didn't use
2 TBSP meat curry powder
4 stalk lemongrass
5 sprigs curry leaves
Optional: 2 kaffir lime leaf, half inch ginger, 3 candle nut
|Chicken Kurma||Fry below in oil:|
1 pc Pandan
2 pc star anise
2 pc cinnamon stick
4 pc cardamon
Then add below:
5 pc shallot
3 pc garlic
Then add below:
1 Tablespoon fennel powder
2 tablespoon cumin powder, some don't use this
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1 tsp chili powder
2 pc green chilli
Optional 1 tomato chopped roughly
1 cup yogurt/milk
Salt to taste
|Ginger and miso fried chicken popcorn||1/2 cup miso paste |
1 table spoon finely grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup mirin
2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
800g skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2 cm-wide strips
vegetable oil, for deep frying
3/4 cup self raising flour
3/4 cup cornflour
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup Japanese mayonnaise
1 tsp hot English mustard
2 tsp miso paste
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
Place the miso, ginger, garlic, mirin and vinegar in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the chicken, toss to coat and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes. Remove from the fridge and set aside for 30 minutes to come to room temperature. Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full with the oil and place over medium heat until the temperature reaches 180°C (350°F) on a deep-frying thermometer.
Place the self-raising flour and cornflour in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Place the marinated chicken in the flour mixture and press to coat. Cook the chicken, in batches, for 2–3 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel and keep warm.
|steamed chicken||chicken, wine, dang gui, ginger, soy sauce|
|nam yu steam pork||500g three layer fatty pork|
|Steamed pork||猪绞肉 220g, can reduce to 50gram|
绍兴酒 1 1/2茶匙
Mix water slowly into pork mixture till sticky
Optional: 3 eggs + 150ml water + 0.5 tsp salt
|Steamed pork rib||500g pork rib|
Half Tablespoon fermented bean
1 Tablespoon tauchu bean paste
some chopped fresh red chillies
1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
1.5 Tablespoon rice wine
Half Tablespoon cornflour
3-4 Tablespoon water
Half Tablespoon sugar
Half teaspoon chicken stock powder
1 - 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon thick soy sauce
Half to 1 Tablespoon lime juice
1) Oil lightly fry garlic and chillies, add bean paste & tauchu and fry till fragrant.
2) Add pork rib and lightly fry
3) Add seasoning and steam 40-45 minutes
|滷肉飯 braised pork rice||8 - 10 servings:|
100g Dried Chinese Mushrooms (香菇), soaked
500g Pork Belly, skin on (三层肉)
50g Pork Fats (新鲜肥猪肉)
80 ~ 100g Pig Skin (新鲜猪皮), optional
100g Shallots (小葱头) or 40g Fried Shallots (炸葱酥)
80g Red Onions (红葱头) finely chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced (蒜头), optional
650ml Water (水)
150ml First Draw Soy Sauce (头抽) (I used Lee Kum Kee)... See Note*
1 tsp White Pepper Powder (白胡椒粉)
1/2 tsp Sea Salt (海盐)
1 tsp Five Spice Powder (五香粉)
20g Rock Sugar (冰糖) ... See Note*
1 pc Star Anise (八角)
Boiled eggs, optional
- heat up 3 tbsp Pork Oil / lard, add in chopped red onions and garlic. Fry till fragrant,
- Add in mushrooms, fry until you can smell the mushrooms aroma. Add more oil if needed.
- Add in pork belly, fry until the meat turned white (almost 80% cooked).
- Add in soy sauce, fry until the soy sauce is slightly caramelized.
- Add in the rest of the seasoning. Fry until the dish gives good aroma. Add in water.
- Once water is boiled, reduce to slow and low fire, covered. Let it slowly cook for 30mins.
- After 30mins, add in fried shallots and about 2 tbsp amount of crunchy pork fat bits that you reserved earlier, give it a stir. Add a little more water if necessary. Let it simmer another 15 to 20mins. Set aside for serving later.
|Oven Fried chicken||75g of butter |
78ml of vegetable oil
140g of plain flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
10 pieces of chicken
oven to 190*. In baking sheet, put the oil and butter to melt the butter
Place all of the dry ingredients into a plastic bag
Remove pan from oven, Roll chicken in melted butter, then shake them in bag to coat.
Set them on a piece of wax paper until you have them all coated
Place them presentation side down in the melted butter/oil in the pan
Bake in the heated oven for 45 minutes
Flip the chicken over and bake for a further 15 minutes
|Assam fish||1 whole black pomfretc fish, slice into few pieces|
To blend into paste
3 fresh red chili
A small knob ginger
3 sprig curry leaves
1 tbsp curry powder
30g tamarind pulp mix with 284g water, mash and strained
8 okra or ladyfingers, halved
1 tomato, slice wedges
1tsp salt or to taste
3tsp sugar or to taste
4tbsp cooking oil
Heat oil in a wok or pot, add in blended chili paste, sauté till aroma.
Add in curry powder, curry leaves and lemongrass, stir to mix well.
Add in tamarind water and tomato, bring to boil.
Transfer to a claypot ( if you are using), add in fish slices, season with salt and sugar, cook fish till done.
Add in okra and cook for one minute.
|Salted egg yolk prawn||curry leave 4 long, dried chili, 3 pc bird eye chili, 3 clove garlic, 3 salted egg, optional half tsp sugar|
|Nyonya Sambal Paste||Ingredients (serves 4 people as a shared main course)|
500g raw king prawns (approx. 20 prawns) – heads on, shells removed & deveined
4 tbsp vegetable oil
For the Nyonya sambal:
2 stalks (40g) lemongrass – roughly chopped
12 candlenuts (50g)
5cm length (30g) fresh galangal – roughly chopped
3cm length (15g) fresh turmeric – roughly chopped
8 shallots (150g), halved
4 fresh red chillies (60g) – deseeded
4 dried red chillies (4g) – soaked and deseeded
1.5 tbsp tamarind paste
1.5 tbsp brown sugar
Large pinch of salt (to taste)
1 – 2 tbsp light brown sugar (to taste)
2 – 3 tbsp light soya sauce (to taste)
150ml – 200ml water
|Fish Ball||450g, 1.5 tsp salt, 1tsp pepper|
|Braised minced chicken||chicken, egg, mushroom, garlic, shallot, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger|
|Braised pork leg||1) Hot water to blanch slight to remove blood of pork leg|
2) Remove all hair
3) Oil fry garlic and ginger, add a bit of sugar/rock sugar and fry till brownish(soy sauce colour)
4) add pork leg, add 85g soy sauce
5) add enough water to cover pork leg, add 80g rice wine, 1 tsp salt & bunch of spring onion, medium fire for 50-60min
6) Off fire, let pork leg sit in water for 2-3 hours
7) Pour liquid into another pot to simmer till thick
8) mix into pork
|gravy cheat sheet||http://www.thekitchn.com/your-gravy-cheat-sheet-225850|
|roast chicken with thyme and lemon||8 chicken drumsticks
1 TBS butter
1 TBS olive oil
1 TBS minced fresh garlic
the finely grated zest of one lemon
1 TBS chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 TBS plain flour
375ml of chicken stock (1 1/2 cups)
1/2 TBS Dijon mustard
the juice of one lemon
sea salt and black pepper to taste
Make several deep slashes into the chicken legs and then season with salt and pepper. (For a diabetic friendly dish, remove the skin first) Heat the butter and olive oil together in a large skillet with a lid, until foaming. Add the chicken legs and brown them all over, turning them frequently. Add the garlic, lemon zest and thyme. Whisk together the flour stock mustard and lemon juice. Pour this around the chicken legs in the pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a slow simmer and cover. Simmer, covered for 25 to 30 minutes until tender. Place the drumsticks on a serving platter. Taste and adjust the sauce for seasoning. Pour this gravy over the chicken and serve.
|Rosemary garlic roast chicken||make 3-4 slits on drumstick, run 1 garlic + 3 rosemary + olive oil/butter + honey + salt + black pepper, bake 40 mins|
|Julia Child Roast Chicken||1.5 - 1.8kg chicken|
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
5 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature, divided
1 carrot, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon shallot or green onion, minced
1 cup chicken stock or broth
smear inside of chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon butter
Rub outside with 1 Tablespoon butter
Put in pan breast side up, Strew carrot and onion
Melt 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil to use for basting.
Brown chick lightly for 5 minutes. Turn it on its left side, basting it with the butter and oil mixture, and allow it to brown for 5 minutes. Turn it on its right side, baste it, and allow to it to brown for 5 minutes.
Leave chicken on its right side, baste every 10 minutes, using the fat in the roasting pan when butter-and-oil mixture is empty. Halfway through estimated roasting time (when the right side of chicken is golden brown, about 40 minutes), sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt then turn it on its left side. Continue roasting and basting for another 20-30 minutes, until left side is golden brown. Then, sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and turn the chicken, breast side up. Continue basting and cook for another 10-20 minutes. Take out chicken and allow chicken to rest on a hot platter for 5 to 10 minutes.
strain the pan juices, in a small sauce pan, combine strained pan juices and minced shallot (or green onion), and cook over low flame for 1 minute. Add stock, and boil rapidly over high heat, Season with salt and pepper. Turn off flame, swirl in 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter into the pan sauce.
|Baked/Grill Green chicken||1 medium sweet onion, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)|
1 cup packed cilantro leaves and stems
1 1/4 cups packed basil leaves
1/4 cup packed mint leaves
4 tablespoons fish sauce, like Red Boat
3 peeled garlic cloves
Zest of 1 lime
Plenty ground black pepper
1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
2 tablespoons apple juice (or 1 teaspoon maple syrup if you’re not on a Whole30)
3 pounds chicken drumsticks or thighs
blend all except salt in blender, then add salt to taste
marinate chicken in ziplock bag, at least 1 hour to overnight
Grill 25 minutes, turning every 5-7 minute OR Bake 204 Celcius 35-45 minutes
Serve with lime wedge
Pro tip: Make a double batch of the recipe and freeze half of the marinated chicken for a future meal.
|chicken tikka marsala, serve 4-6||1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs|
1 large onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1-inch piece whole ginger, peeled and grated
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 to 2 tablespoons garam masala
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
3/4 cup heavy cream or coconut milk
Fresh cilantro, chopped
2 cups cooked rice, to serve
Cut the chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces and transfer them to a 3-quart or larger slow cooker. Stir in the onion, garlic, ginger, tomato paste, 1 tablespoon of garam masala, paprika, and kosher salt until the chicken is evenly covered with spices. Stir in the diced tomatoes with their juices.
→ If you have the time: Marinate the chicken in 1/2 cup yogurt for up to 6 hours. Shake to remove excess yogurt before transferring to the slow cooker.
→ If you have the time: Sauté the onions and garlic in a little olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet until softened, then stir in the ginger, tomato paste, and spices until fragrant. Transfer to the slow cooker with the chicken and diced tomatoes. This will give your tikka masala more depth of flavor.
Cover the slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Fifteen minutes before the end of cooking, stir in the heavy cream. If you prefer a thicker sauce, leave the slow cooker uncovered for the last 15 minutes. Taste and add more garam masala or salt to taste.
Serve over rice with fresh cilantro sprinkled over the top of each serving. The tikka masala can be refrigerated for 3 to 4 days or frozen for 3 to 4 months.
|Crispy Roast Pork||2.8kg pork belly, with skin on (divide to 5 manageable strip if needed)|
2tbsp coarse salt for skin (upper)
Dry rub to meat (underside)
2 tsp garlic salt (you may replace with garlic powder or grated garlic and salt)
1 tsp five spice powder
1 tsp ground white pepper
For marinating underside of pork - optional:
5 tsp rice wine
1 tsp ground pepper
5 tsp sugar
1 cube fermented bean cube
5 tsp soy sauce
2 TBSP five spice powder
1. Try to have a flat and same level of pork belly (for even browning when roasting) by cutting off those extra meat underneath ). Blanch the pork-skin side only in a pot of boiling water for 5mins.
2. Remove and wipe dry with paper towels.
3. Prick the skin all over with a sharp skewer, the more holes you can make the better.
4. Then use a sharp knife to lightly score the skin.
5. Massage the dry rub into the meat and rub the salt on the skin.
6. Marinate underside of pork in a container, uncovered, place in the fridge and let it dry out slowly overnight.
7. Preheat the oven to 200C. Place the pork, skin side up, on a wire rack in the oven, and place a tray underneath to catch the drippings.
8. Roast for 25mins and then switch the oven from bake to grill function (upper heat only), increasing the temperature to 230C. Grill until the skin is evenly blistered and browned (around 50mins)
|Dry brine for moist roast chicken for 9kg||6 tablespoons Morton's kosher salt) with two tablespoons of baking powder in a bowl|
pat your turkey dry with paper towels
Generously sprinkle it on all surfaces with the salt mixture by picking up the mixture between your thumb and fingers
shower down over the surface of the turkey for even coverage
refrigerate uncovered for 12 to 24 hours.
Without rinsing, roast using one of our recipes, omitting any additional salting steps called for in those recipes.
Dry-brining for more than 24 hours will produce even more juicy and well-seasoned meat. To brine longer than 24 hours, loosely cover turkey with plastic wrap or cheesecloth before refrigerating to prevent excess moisture loss through evaporation. Let rest for up to 3 days.
|chicken wing pan fried||marinate 4 wings(cut into halves) in 2 TBSP oyster&soy, 1/2 TBSP chili oil at least half an hour|
fry 4 cloves garlic in 2 TBSP oil, then wings till cooked
add 2tsp sugar dissolved in 1 TBSP sugar
3.5 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tbsp coarse black pepper
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp salt
|deep fried preserved beancurd fried chicken||10 chicken wing|
2 Tablespoon minced ginger
3 piece preserved beancurd
1 Tablespoon sauce from preserved beancurd
1 Tablespoon ginger juice
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
3 teaspoon wine
1/2 tsp chicken powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 Tablespoon tapioca floor
marinate at least 2 hours
|chicken wing baked||- 10 chicken wings, separate mid-wings and drummets and discard tips|
Marinade, min 2 hours to overnight
- 2 tbsp chopped lemongrass
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp curry powder
180 Celcius 35-40 minutes, turning every 10 minutes
|Chinese glazed Pork belly||900g fresh pork belly (sliced to 1-inch-thick)|
2 cups water
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup light soy sauce
Four 1/2-inch-thick slices fresh ginger (unpeeled
4 dried chili
3 black peppercorns
2 star anise
3 garlic cloves
Pour marinate over pork in baking pan
Bake 1 hour covered with aluminium
175 Celcius for 40 minutes (stirring every 10 minutes)
|Lamb chop with mint sauce||For the cilantro-mint marinade, food processor blend:|
1 teaspoons minced ginger
5g packed fresh mint leaves-1/8 cup
5g packed fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 tablespoon honey
30g rice wine vinegar
50g canola or other mild vegetable oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the lamb chops:
4 rib lamb chops, up to 3/4-inch thick
- Marinate lamb in 31g of marinade for 30mins to 4 hours
- Cook 5 to 7 minutes per side
- Spoon refrigerated sauce on top
|chicken feet soup||30 chicken feet, whole chicken bone, 100-150gm peanut, salt, white carrot(optional)|
|barley water||barley + fu chok sheet|
|Hot green tea latte||::2 tsp matcha, mix with 2 Tablespoon cold water as matcha will clump in hot water|
::2 cups of milk heated with 1 tsp brown sugar
|Nasi kukus||2 cups of basmati rice, rinsed|
1 cup of water
1 cup of santan (I use prepack ayam brand santan - it is creamy and flavourful)
3 pieces of pandan leaves, rinsed and each tied into a knot
1 tsp of salt
- Pour the rice into a non-stick pot and add in the water, santan and pandan leaves. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the fire and let the rice fully absorb the liquid. This will take about 15-20min.
- Transfer the semi cooked rice into a rice cooker with a steamer on top. Fill the bottom cooker with sufficient water and steam the rice until fragrant and fully cooked.
|Fish with cheese||top dory fish with mozarella cheese, and bake|
|Minced ginger for steam fish||use some oil to fry below till boil, can keep 1 month bottled:|
1. 嫩姜200g切小块，加入100ml水打烂成泥2. 蒜茸五瓣，和姜一块打烂成泥3. 油100ml4. 鸡粉1茶匙5. 盐1茶匙6. 麻油少许
Use pestle mortar:
400gm palm size old ginger, white part of spring onion
4 or 5 garlic cloves, about 50gm
then add 4 shallot, about 100gm
fry with 110gm oil and 2 tablespoon sesame oil
fry till ginger juice evaporated
add spring onion and cilantro, then quickly off fire
add soy sauce
keep one month, fry chicken, fish slice, steam chicken etc
|Ramen Egg||4 eggs at room temperature use older eggs, 55g each|
water enough to cover eggs in a small pot
1 tbsp vinegar
1/2 stalk Japanese scallion (negi) cut to shorter lengths to fit the pot
3 slices ginger
2 cloves garlic crushed
2 tbsp light soy sauce
50 ml mirin
150 ml water
1) In a small pot, add water and vinegar. Bring to a boil.
2) Gently lower eggs into boiling water using a ladle, all at once. Boil for 5 minute 30 seconds (55 grams egg). Swirl the water with a spoon during the first minute of cooking.
3) When the cooking time is up, take out the eggs using a ladle and immediately add them into a bowl of ice water bath for 5 minutes. Peel the eggs.
4) In another small pot, add marinate and bring to a simmer for 1 minute. When it has cooled, filter the sauce into a plastic or ziplock bag, add the peeled eggs and tie the bag. Marinade the bag of eggs for at least four hours or overnight in the fridge, occasionally moving the eggs around so that they are evenly coated in the sauce, can keep 3-4 days.
|salted egg||12 Duck Eggs|
1/3 Cup Chinese Cooking Wine
¾ Cup Fine Sea Salt
1) Coat the duck egg in the cooking wine, roll it in the sea salt until it’s completely covered.
2) Place the egg in a plastic or zip lock bag.
3) Zip the bag, place it in a cool, dark place for 3 to 4 weeks.
|salted egg 2||材料: 盐1杯, 水4杯, 鸡蛋12个, 八角1个, 花椒2小匙, 绍兴酒20g|
1. 把水, 八角, 花椒, 盐放在一个锅里煮滚, 熄火摊凉, 加入绍兴酒备用。
2. 把一个能够装满全部鸡蛋的容器洗净擦干, 把鸡蛋一个个叠好, 倒入涼透后的2, 静置30-40 days即可。在准备要腌的鸡蛋上加个小容器(我用的是一个小茶杯)来防止鸡蛋浮起
|Perfect soft boil egg||http://goodyfoodies.blogspot.com/2012/10/how-to-cook-perfect-soft-half-boiled-egg.html|
2 eggs from fridge
|Pesto||1) Blanch 3 cups fresh basil for 5 seconds, then put into cold water, squeeze DRY|
2) in MortarPestle, pound 3/4 tsp coarse salt & 1/4 cup TOASTED pine nut
3) Pound 2 cloves garlic
4) Add basil little by little
5) Mix with 6-8 tablespoon olive oil
6) 1/2 cup parmagiano regiano
7）Keep pesto with a layer of olive oil on top
|Mushroom powder , natural MSG||electric spice grinder to grind mushroom stalk, a small amount goes a long way|
|One pot dish:|
|Chicken rice||oil + chopped ginger, then garlic, add rice and water, put salt and white pepper chicken on top|
2 Cups Glutinous Rice, soaked overnight and drained
8 Dried Shitake Mushrooms, soaked and stem removed
8 Small Stainless Steel bowls or Aluminum Foil Tart Pan (about 4 1/2 ” diameter)
1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 /2 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
2 tsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
2 tsp Minced Ginger
1 Tbsp Shaoxing Wine
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1 1/2 tsp Corn Flour
A few dashes of White Pepper
|Hainan Chicken rice||http://annieliciousfood.blogspot.com/2014/09/hainanese-chicken-rice-aff-singapore-1.html|
|- pan fried chicken drumstick|
- stirfry garlic vege
- brown rice
|tom yum pork rib||½ k. of cut-up pork ribs (or a combination of pork ribs and pork belly)|
2 lemongrass stalks (white portion only), lightly pounded
2 kaffir lime leaves
1 shallot, halved
2 finger chilies
5 to 6 slices of galangal (substituting ginger will give the soup and different flavor)
1 tomato, thinly sliced
patis (fish sauce), to taste
juice of 3 to 4 limes
|BLACK BEANS SPARE RIBS CLAYPOT RICE||1. Soak rice in water for about an hour and drain well.|
2. Marinade spare ribs with minced fermented black beans, minced ginger, minced garlic, some soy sauce, cornstarch, soy sauce and few drops of black soy sauce.
3. Put soaked rice and 240ml water into claypot. Once boiling till the water almost dry up, add in marinated spare ribs and cook under low heat for about 5-7 minutes. Turn off the heat and lei it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Pour in some soy sauce. Sprinkle some spring onions and put in scalded vegetables. Serve hot.
|Fish paste noodle||anchovies soup + thick rice noodle + fish paste + white pepper + fishball + beansprout + spring onion|
|"Mun" Yee Mee||3 piece yee mee|
prawn/chicken, marinate in tapioca starch, sugar, soy for at least 1 hour
1 tsp garlic minced
2 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoon soy sauce
thick soy for color
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tablespoon shau xin wine
thickener: cornstarch + water
optional: white pepper
fry garlic in oil, add water till bowl
add all rest ingredient
"mun" for 10 minutes
then fry till yee mee is soft, add thickener
|Cantonese "Ying Yong"||材料
|Wat Tan Hor||材料：
|Char Kuey Teow||[mix and bring to boil, set aside] - boiling is optional|
3 tsp premium oyster sauce
2-3 tbsp fish sauce
3 tsp dark soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1 ½ tsp sugar to taste
3 tsp water
450-600 gm fresh flat rice noodles [koay teow] – loosened
6-9 medium or big prawns – shelled
150 gm beansprouts
A bunch of chives – cut into 3 cm lengths
1 Chinese sausage – thinly sliced
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1-2 tbsp chilli paste [according to own taste]
3 eggs [I used duck eggs]
3 tbsp oil
1. Heat oil, sauté garlic until fragrant.
2. Add in prawns, followed by noodles. Do not stir noodles, add in sauce ingredients and chilli paste. Then lightly stir to mix well [best to use chopstick or edge of wok ladle].
3. Push noodles aside, break in the eggs. Cover with noodles and add beansprouts. Give it a good stir to mix over high heat and until noodles are firm [slightly charred if you like] and fragrant.
4. Lastly add in sausages and chives.
|Aglio Olio||prawn, white mushroom, dried chilli, black pepper, turkey ham/bacon, optional zuchini, parmesan|
|Aglio Olio 2||4 tbsp olive oil|
4 cloves garlic
1/2 pound mushroom
3/4 tsp salt
1/3 packet of spaghetti
1/4 tsp fresh coarsely ground black pepper
|Instant Oat 1/2 cup; Milk 125g, 1 tsp condensed milk, 2 tsp raisins|
mix all together
top with 2 tablespoon almond flakes next day
|moong dal curry||http://food52.com/recipes/36894-moong-daal-with-curry-leaf-red-chile-and-tempered-garlic|
|lentil dal with greens||http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-lentil-dal-with-hearty-greens-223147|
|French toast||3 egg yolks for every one-and-a-half cups milk|
1 tablespoon of sugar
pinch of salt
soak 15 seconds on each side
fry with butter
|Hummus Chickpea||1 can (400g) of chickpeas (reserve the liquid)|
4 teaspoons of toasted white sesame seeds
1 garlic clove
Juice of 1 freshly squeezed lemon
½ teaspoon of sea salt
½ teaspoon of paprika
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Pour the chickpeas from the can and reserve its liquid separately. Add the chickpeas, sesame seeds, garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, paprika, and 3-4 tablespoons of the reserved liquid into a food processor.
Put the food processor on pulse mode until the chunks of chickpeas and garlic have broken up before switching it to a faster mode. During the combining process, add the olive oil in a steady, slow pour.
|Ham and Tomato Spaghetti, add CHICKPEA||sauted one clove garlic, boil with 2 can whole tomatoes, add 2 piece ham, add half cooked spaghetti (200g), black pepper|
|Tomato Water Spaghetti||4 ripe tomatoes, large dice|
1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
340g spaghetti or any pasta you like
10 cloves of garlic
1 cup basil, cut into ribbons
85g butter, cut into three chunks
Olive oil, as needed
- Season the tomatoes with the salt and toss them well.
- Put a big pot of water on to boil.
- Smash the garlic with the flat side of a knife, give it all a few rough chops with the knife and set them a side in a small bowl.
- Take a pinch of basil ribbon, chop it finely, and add it to the tomatoes to season the water.
- Cook your pasta, drain it, and oil the pasta to keep it from sticking to itself.
- Heat a teaspoon or two of olive oil, add the garlic and cook it till it is just beginning to brown around the edges and soften, a couple minutes.
- Pour the tomatoes into a strainer or colander over the garlic so that the tomato water will stream into the pan below. Set the strainer with the tomatoes into the bowl so they don’t drip on the counter, and swirl the sauce to bring it to a simmer. Add the butter while continuing to swirl or stir the sauce. Keep the sauce moving until all the butter is melted. Add the pasta and toss to coat the pasta evenly. Divide the pasta among four bowls and top with the tomatoes and basil.
|Spicy tomato sauce||1/4 cup olive oil|
1 medium (or a few small) Spanish onion(s), chopped to yield 2 1/2 cups
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (If you are sensitive to heat, just use a pinch and adjust at the end. The 1/2 teaspoon makes for a seriously spicy sauce.)
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano (optional — I didn’t use. I love dried oregano, but I don’t always love it in tomato sauce.)
1 cup vodka
2 (28-ounce) cans peeled plum tomatoes
Freshly ground black pepper
3/4 pound penne pasta or whatever shape you like
4 tablespoons fresh oregano (I used basil)
1/4 to 1 cup heavy cream
grated Parmigiano or Pecorino
|Spicy sausage penne, serves 2||113g regular or whole wheat penne|
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
22g smoked pork sausage, such as Andouille, sliced into coins
340g frozen or fresh vegetables
1 heaping teaspoon whole ground or Creole mustard
80g heavy cream, or more to taste
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
Bring a pot of heavily salted water to a boil and cook the penne until al dente.
Scoop out 1/4 cup of cooking water and then drain the noodles.
Return the noodles to the pot and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the sausage and cook until some fat begins to render and the sausage begins to turn golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage to the pot of noodles. Give the the fat in the skillet in a minute or so to get smoking hot again, then add the vegetable mix and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Sauté the vegetables until tender.
Pour the noodles and sausage into the hot skillet with the vegetables, followed by the mustard and heavy cream. Bring the liquid to a boil and cook until the cream has thickened. Taste and adjust seasonings.
For leftovers, stir in the reserved cooking water and reheat in a skillet or microwave until warmed through.
|Steamed eggplant with minced pork||1 big eggplant|
100g minced pork
chopped garlic & shallot
crispy fried minced garlic
salt & sugar
1) Cut eggplant to long strip, steam for 15 minutes
2) Oil, chopped garlic & shallot till fragrant, add minced pork, water and seasonings
3) Top the above to eggplant, decorate with diced scallion and crispy garlic
|Vegan Bolognese||- Olive oil to saute 1 onion and 4 cloves garlic|
- add 110g tempe and around 150g chopped oyster mushroom
- optional, add quarter cup red wine, optional 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- add chopped 1 each of carrot, zuchini, eggplant, cook till vege soften
- add 1 tablespoon each fresh basil and parsley
- add 340g tomato sauce/puree
- add 1 teaspoon each of dried oregano and rosemary
- add quarter teaspoon red chili
- Cook 5 minutes, add water if too thick
|Easy Tomato Sauce||Serve 3, for 227 to 340gram pasta|
454 fresh tomato or 250g canned tomato
2.5 TBSP butter
1 small onion, cut to half
Salt to taste
Cook uncovered for 30 - 45 minutes
|Better tasting tomato sauce||1. Stir in a little butter.|
2. Try anchovies.
1 to 2 fillets
|10 easy pasta recipes||http://tantannews.com/%E7%BE%8E%E9%A3%9F%E6%8E%A8%E8%8D%90/156887|
|Tom Yam Soup||prawn, squid, clam, tomato, chilli padi, serai, feng1 gam1 leaf, onion, lime juice, tom yam paste|
|Pan Mee||Serve 4|
mushroom, vege, cili padi, lime juice
Soup: 65g anchovies, 180g soy bean, 2.4kg water, 1 tsp salt
Noodle: 250g flour, 2 eggs, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 5-7 tablespoon water, 1 Tablespoon oil
|Burger||Ciabatta, tomato, cheese, black pepper|
|Chicken porridge||century egg, salted egg, shallot oil, ginger|
Fish porridge: fish marinated with julienned ginger, rice wine, salt & pepper. Put into porridge, deco with ginger, spring onion, coriander, sesame oil, soy sauce & pepper
|Garlic Fried Rice||2 cup rice, 2 eggs, prawn/squid/scallop, 2-3 bulb garlic sliced(fried till brown), finely chopped red onion, soy sauce/salt/pepper|
|Kimchi fried rice||1 tbsp. of cooking oil|
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
½ c. of cut up kimchi, squeezed
1 c. of day-old rice
1 tsp. of kimchi juice
|Ginger Fried Rice||Crispy fried ginger|
|Kuey Tiaw Soup||beansprout, chicken, fried scramble egg|
|Pork and Cabbage Dumpling||For the Filling:|
1/2 pound napa cabbage (about 1/2 a small head), roughly chopped <Mix with salt, leave for 30 mins and squeeze out water)
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 scallions, roughly chooped
1/2 pound fatty ground pork
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
2 teaspoons sugar
For the Dipping Sauce:
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons Chinkiang vinegar (or rice vinegar)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon finely sliced scallion greens
1 teaspoon ginger, grated on a microplane
For taste test: microwave small amount of filling to taste it
|Pork and Cabbage Dumpling 2||45 dumpling wrapper|
1½ Tbsp. oil for frying each batch of gyoza
¼ cup water for frying each batch of gyoza
1 Tbsp. sesame oil for frying each batch of gyoza
290 g ground pork
140 g cabbage leaves, blanched, squeeze out water and finely chopped
1-2 (15 g) green onion/scallion, minced
2 shiitake mushrooms, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. grated ginger
½ Tbsp. sake
½ Tbsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. soy sauce
¼ tsp. salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
ground dried chilli
|Crystal skin har kow||http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/09/dim-sum-classics-how-to-make-crystal-skin-shrimp-dumplings-har-gow-recipe-from-scratch.html|
|Crystal skin har kow dumpling 2||http://mayck-law.blogspot.com/2015/08/12-20bree-12-dim-sum-har-kow-prawn.html|
|Kon Lou Mee||Sauce:|
3 tbsp oyster sauce
3 tsp light soy sauce
½ tsp each of sugar and salt
Several dashes of pepper
6 tbsp of prepared chicken soup or water
Pickled Green Chili
100 gm prawns - shelled and minced
100 gm minced meat with some fats [I used lean meat]
50 gm water chestnuts - chopped finely
2 dried Chinese mushrooms - soaked and chopped
Optional: 1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp light soya sauce
dash of white ground pepper
1 tbsp each of chopped spring onions and coriander
|Salmon bone soup||1) Wash and dry salmon bone and head|
2) Oil, ginger, salt, fry the salmon till crunchy light brown
3) Add hot boiling water
4) Chinese mushroom, white pepper corn
5) Add tofu, daikon slice, shaoxing wine, sugar + salt, 1 bird eye chili
6) Spring onion/coriander
|Tapioca cake||1kg with 180g sugar is sweet enough(can try 150g), 400g coconut milk(>300g, less than 1/2 coconut), 1 egg 1 egg yolk (or 2 eggs), pandan leaf, 1/2 tsp salt|
190 Celcius for 45 minutes
Tried & tested: 240g coconut milk + 1 egg
tuna + red onion + green onion
|Egg Frittata||zuchini/potato - stir fry|
Optional Sausage/Bell Pepper
egg - bake
|Scallion pancake||280g flour|
1 teaspoon salt + 250g warm/hot water
1 bunch scallion
- knead till smooth, coat with oil and rest for 30 minutes
- Divide 4 dough, roll to 12 * 9 inches
- top with scallion and sea salt - optional
- Roll up
- Cut in half, coil into snake form, rest at least 15 minutes
- Roll to flat, cook 2 minutes on each side
- Cut into wedge
|homemade garlic butter||http://www.kleinworthco.com/2014/05/italian-garlic-butter.html/2|
|Soymilk||300g soya beans - soaked overnight|
3 litres water
2 pieces pandan leaves (screw-pine)
|Baguette/Panini Pizza||- KAF Panini bread, 225g|
- 10 cloves garlic drizzled with olive oil wrapped in foil, roasted 218 Celcius 25 minutes
- 4 plum tomato quartered, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, roasted
- mash and spread roasted garlic on bread
- top with mozzarella, tomato and parmesan
- bake 7 minutes
- too rice flour - soft texture, prefer firmer texture
- slightly too sweet
|450g radish, shredded |
1.3 tsp salt to salt the radish and squeeze out all water
half tsp salt to add in later cooking water stage
321g rice flour
38g tapioca flour
38g wheat starch
1.3 tbsp minced garlic
not used as don't have 2.6 tbsp sliced shallots
2 tablespoon dried shrimp, 16g, minced
1.1 tbsp sugar (to taste and add to cover the smell of rice flour)
3.8 tbsp cooking oil
1. shredded radish, add salt to it, mix well. Wait for 1 min then squeeze out the water in radish to be as dry as possible.
2. In another bowl, add in all flour, mix together, add 1/2 of the water, stir well until no flour lumps found.
3. heat up cooking oil, fry the garlic and shallot until fragrant. Add the shredded radish, stir fry for a while, add the remaining 1/2 of the water, fry for a min then add the seasoning. Cook until it is boil, continue to let it simmer for another 2 mins.
4. Lower the heat, gradually pour in the flour mixture and continue stir the mixture until it is slightly thicken. Remove from heat immediately.
5. Pour into the mould (I lined my mould so it is easier to dislodge later), steam for 35~40 mins.
6. Pan fry
|Daikon Radish Cake 2|
- Nice texture & flavor
- fry the dried shrimp till bubbly and very crispy add good flavor!
|377g Daikon Radish, half in matchstick strips, half grated|
113g no-gluten wheat-flour (Deng Mian Fen/Tung Mean Fun)
113g rice flour
15g corn starch
2 small shallots
30g dried shrimp
NOT USING, 4 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked at least 2 hours to rehydrate, diced
0.4 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
NOT USING, 0.8 tsp sesame oil
1. Combine the flours and water to form a slurry.
2. Over medium heat, in a wok or pan large enough to contain all ingredients, saute shallots under slightly golden, add shrimp, sausage, mushroom and cook for a 2-3 minutes.
3. Add radish and cook for a further 3 minutes.
4. Stir the flour mixture and add to the wok. Cook unit it thickens, stirring constantly.
5. Tip contents into an oiled loaf tin or 9 inch round tin.
6. Steam for 45 minutes to 1 hour until cooked through.
|Daikon Radish Cake 3 seasaltwithfood|
- sugar used often in other recipe is not necesary
- texture tooo soft!
- best flavor as shallot used instead of onion
|288 grams Grated Radish/Daikon/Turnip |
105 grams Rice Flour
21 grams Wheat Starch
10 grams Corn Starch
0.5 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Freshly Ground White Pepper
NOT USING 2 Scallions, sliced
2 Tbsp, ie 16g Crispy Dried Shrimps
Oil for pan-frying
In a medium bowl, mix in the rice flour, potato powder, sea salt, white pepper, water and whisk well.
In a large pan or wok, fry the dried shrimps until crispy. Remove and set aside. Then add the scallions and grated radish. Stir-fry until soften, about 5 minutes.
Pour the flour mixture and keep stirring until the batter thickens, about 1 1/2 minutes. Then pour the thick mixture into a baking pan or tray. Smooth the top and steam the batter for about 40 to 50 minutes, or until the batter is set.
Remove the radish cake and let cool completely before slicing.
To make the pan-fried radish cake: Slice the radish cake into ¼ or ½ inch thick, and pan fry until golden color. Serve warm with some chili sauce, if desired.
|Orig Sea salt recipe:|
550 grams Grated Radish/Daikon/Turnip
200 grams Rice Flour
40 grams Wheat Starch
20 grams Corn Starch
1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
½ tsp Freshly Ground White Pepper
2 Scallions, sliced
4 Tbsp Crispy Dried Shrimps
Oil for pan-frying
|fried radish cake|
|400g radish cake, pan fried till outside is crispy and brown|
About 2 Tbsp Peanut Oil
2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp Salted/Preserved Radish, chopped
1 tsp Fish Sauce
2 tsp Light Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
2 to 3 Large Eggs
120 g Bean Sprouts
Some Ground White pepper
1 to 2 tsp of Chili paste/Sriracha Chili Sauce, to taste
Sea Salt, to taste
2 Scallions or Chives, chopped
|Steamed rice cake 1||(A)|
150gm rice flour
30g tapioca flour
1 TB wheat starch
1 tspn salt
1 TB cooking oil
(1) combine ingredients (A) and mix well, set aside.
(2) mix together ingredients (B) into a pot then bring mixture to boil, off the heat then immediately add boiling water into mixture (A) and continuously stirring till everything well blended.
(3) preheat a steamer with 12-13 greased cupcake cups, cover the cups & let them heat before used.
(4) next, pour rice batter into hot cups then let them steam over high heat for about 25-30 minutes or till set..
(5) once its done, let them cool completely before removing the cakes from cups.
|Steamed rice cake 2||米浆：|
C: 2大匙油，150克甜菜脯碎， 2大匙蒜米，1大匙糖，1大匙甜黑酱油，1小匙盐
1. 将(A) 米浆料全部搅勻, 放置半小时。加入B拌匀。
2. 把小碗放在蒸笼上，蒸热两分钟，倒入米浆；用中火蒸约15分钟, 熄火。等2－3分钟才开盖（如果一蒸好开盖，糕面遇冷空气塌陷，影响美观）
3. 将C 油烧热, 爆香蒜, 加入菜脯碎爆香, 加入调味酱料, 试味，备用。
|Portabella burger||mushroom, cheese, burger bun|
|hamburger||Put 500 gms Minced beef|
into a large bowl
1 Onion roughly chopped
4 large mushrooms roughly chopped
1/2 red pepper roughly chopped
All into food processor
Whizz till it’s almost a paste
Saute till soft, leave cool, add to mince beef, salt & pepper
- sunny side up
- cheese slice
|Tuna, Avocado, shalot in sandwich maker|
|grilled cheese sandwich|
|Sardine Sandwich||sardine, shallot, chilli padi, lime juice, bread, lettuce, cucumber, hard boilled egg|
|grilled salmon head|
|Beef balls||500gm beef, 1 onion, 1 basil leaf, sea salt, pepper|
|Meatball||900g meat (340 pork+660g beef), two eggs, 85g bread(crusts cut off), enough milk to soak the bread(125g), a bunch of parsley, little nutmeg for grating, 4 tsp seasalt, 0.25 tsp pepper|
Option: add 1 medium onion, half an onion to be brown in 2 TBSP butter, half mix into meat mixture
3 TBSP butter + cook 3 tablespoons flour + 2 cup broth using half beef cube + 1 teaspoon soy sauce + salt & pepper + optional Worchestershire
|Recipe i using (makes 45 meatballs)|
1kg ground beef
1 onion (GRATED on large hole of grater)
4 cloves garlic (finely minced)
90g ground oat
2 teaspoon sea salt (can substitute with 1 teaspoon regular salt)
2 eggs, Optional, 240g tofu to replace egg, http://steamykitchen.com/28193-healthy-spaghetti-meatballs-secret-recipe-video.html
splash of milk (optional, i didn't put)
|Mashed Potatoes & turnip||1 lb potatoes (You want a nice and floury type, such as a Maris Piper)|
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1 lb. neeps (depends where you come from whether you call them turnips or swedes)
1 heated tablespoon of butter or dripping
salt and pepper to taste
Peel the swede and cut into small chunks. Place in a pan of lightly salted water and bring to the boil. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes until quite tender
Peel the potatoes and cut into chunks. Place in a pan of lightly salted water and bring to the boil. Cook for 15 minutes or so until tender
Place the cooked potato and the swede into the same pan and mash them very well together, adding salt, pepper and butter. Stir in chives.
|Mash Potatoes||400g potato|
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoons (28g) unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
OR Perfect Mash
680 g Yukon Gold potatoes cooked with water salted with 1/2 teaspoon salt, cook 15-20 min till soft
4 Tbsp (60 ml) heavy cream
2 Tbsp (30 g) butter
1 Tbsp milk (or more)
Salt and Pepper
|Chicken Nugget||2 chicken breast fillet|
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 medium eggs
3 medium eggs
1 box of breadcrumbs
blend Chicken in food processor until smooth.
Add salt, peppper, and garlic powder to taste
Add eggs and flour, one egg per one time and quarter cup flour each.
Continue mixing until all smooth and blended.
Shape nuggets, dip in the egg and then breadcrumbs.
Fry the nuggets in medium heat.
|Green Kaya||1 cup Coconut milk|
1 cup Eggs(about 3-4 medium to large size eggs)
1 cup sugar(already reduced from 2 cups)
10-15 pieces of pandan leaves, washed and wiped dry.
(This recipe makes roughly about 1 and 1/2 cups of kaya)
1. Wash, dry and tie up bundles of about 5 pandan leaves in each bundle(like in the pic above)
2. Measure out eggs, then beat lightly till yolk and white mixed.
3. Pour all(as in sugar, coconut milk and eggs) into pot and throw in bundles of pandan leaves.
Note: if you want it to be greener, pound or blend a portion of the pandan leaves and strain it for the pandan juice and put it into the mixture before cooking.
|Greenish kaya - nanyang||28 whole eggs|
1.2 kg of white sugar, at least 550g
500ml of coconut milk, fresh is better
200 gram bundle fresh pandan leaves
Read more: http://johorkaki.blogspot.com/2015/08/kaya-coconut-jam-recipe-by-good-morning.html#ixzz3jdpOGBHT
- Whisk the eggs with a wooden or plastic spatula until all the egg yolks are broken, and the yolks and whites are well mixed.
- Add the sugar and coconut milk into the pot of well beaten eggs, whisk the eggs, coconut milk and sugar until all is well mixed.
- Add pandan
- cook bain marie style
- Keep the simmering hot water (about 80°C) in the larger pot topped up to the same level as the pot of egg, coconut milk, sugar and pandan leaves.
- Gently but firmly stir the eggs, coconut milk, sugar and pandan leaves (in one circular direction) inside the smaller pot.
- Stir the eggs, coconut milk, sugar and pandan leaves in the pot for around 1.5 hours (hard work!) double boiling inside another pot of simmering hot water. Do not allow the mixture to bubble in the pot as it's a sign that the temperature is too high.
- Stir gently until you see the signature soft lumpiness of Good Morning Nanyang Coffee's kaya. You will also be able to smell the layered sweet aroma of coconut, eggs and pandan leaves.
|2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce (or 1 teaspoon tamari, if gluten-free)|
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon orange juice
1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated or minced
2 5-ounce cans tuna in brine, drained
Small handful of cilantro, chopped
1 scallion, finely chopped
1 cup cooked rice or other grain, cooled
1/4 medium avocado, cubed
4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Place the soy sauce, sesame oil, orange juice and ginger in a jar. Secure the lid and shake well until the dressing is emulsified. (Or whisk together in a small bowl.)
Empty the drained tuna into a small bowl and pour the dressing over top. Add in the scallion and cilantro then toss to coat well. Divide the rice between two bowls and top with the dressed tuna, avocado, tomatoes and sesame seeds.
|Julia Child Crepe||3/4 cup milk|
3/4 cup cold water
3 egg yolks
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
3 tablespoons orange liqueur
1 cup all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons butter, melted
Clarified butter, for cooking
Powdered sugar, for serving
blend in blender for 1 minute, fridge 2 hours to overnight
each batter 1/4 cup of batter
cook for 45 to 80 seconds, then 15 - 30 sec on the other side
cool down then stack on plate
|Banana pancake||1.5 banana|
Mix and fry
|Fried Banana ball||170g plain flour|
1/2 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 tsp rice flour
400g ripe banana (peeled and mashed)
2 tablespoon sugar
Optional: a little soda bikarb, maximum 1/4 baking soda to make the finished product to have darker inner
Try using half rice + half plain flour as the current all plain flour yield inner which is a bit too moist
|Poutine||907 to 1361 g french fries|
946g vegetable stock
113g unsalted butter
75 g all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Boil stock. In another pot, melt butter and cook flour, slowly add stock etc to make gravy
1 japanese cucumber, and finely grate, squeeze out all juice thru muslin cloth
Kosher salt to taste
Optional, 1-2 garlic cloves, pressed
Optional, Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Optional, Freshly ground black pepper
Optional, 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
|Bechamel Sauce||1/2 cup butter|
1/2 cup flour
4 cups whole milk
|Mac and Cheese||1 pound pasta , cook 2 minutes shy of al dente (don't put oil in pasta water, else cheese sauce won't cling) option: mix in some diced cauliflower|
1-3 cloves garlic, saute in butter when making bechamel
(optional) 1 pound cooked sausage
grate sharp orange cheddar/monterey jack (weight of cheese = weight of pasta)
Before baking, sprinkle on panko tossed with a little melted butter, or grind stale bread into crumbs
20 minutes in a 400°F oven
|onion / garlic|
|Keep Frozen Cheddar|
|Homemade cendol||100 grams (10 Large) Pandan Leaves, cut into smaller pieces|
750 ml Water
100 grams Mung Bean/Green Pea Flour
25 grams Corn Flour
A pinch of Sea Salt
Make the cendol: Blend the pandan leaves with some water and strain into a mixing bowl. Then combine pandan juice, green pea flour, corn flour, sea salt, and the remainder water. Stir well until well combined and strain the mixture into a saucepan. Cook over medium to low heat, stirring continuously until the mixture has thickened to a paste. Remove from the heat. Fill a large mixing bowl with ice cubes and water. Place some of the paste into a potato riser and press through the paste into the ice water. Continue with the remainder paste, and let the cendol set in the ice water for about 10 minutes. Drain well and chilled.
|Pork Pot Stickers||http://thewoksoflife.com/2014/11/easiest-pork-and-cabbage-potstickers-ever/|
|Mississippi Mud Pie||http://www.bakeorbreak.com/2011/12/mississippi-mud-pie/|
|Apple Pie with Chedar Crust||https://food52.com/recipes/6715-brown-butter-and-cheddar-apple-pie|
|White Toast with Cheese||Plain white loaf recipe from Nasi Lemak Lover‘s version originates from Taiwan’s Master Baker Wu Pao Chun 金牌土司|
|Low Fat Brownies||http://yummykoh.blogspot.com/2014/04/extra-low-fat-brownies.html|
|salted caramel tart||http://www.browneyedbaker.com/salted-chocolate-caramel-tart/|
|skinny banana bread||http://www.cookingclassy.com/2015/05/skinny-banana-bread/|
|blackish banana cake||http://xingfuzhiwei.blogspot.my/2015/11/blog-post.html|
|Banana Cake||Banana Bread|
227g bananas (mashed), can try 165g
3 beaten eggs, 165g
120g brown sugar
227g cake flour OR plain flour, could try replace with 25g cornflour
1 teaspoon soda bicarbonate
1/2 teaspoon salt
113g olive oil/cooking oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Butter and flour the cake tin. Mash the bananas in a measuring cup. If you like pieces of bananas in your cake, leave some bigger pieces intact. Mix the egg and sugar in a bowl until it is well mixed with a hand beater. Sift the flour, soda bicarbonate and salt together. Add mashed banana and mixed egg to flour mixture and mix together with the hand beater. Pour into the prepared cake tin. If using the round ring cake mould, bake for 40 minutes at 180C. I used a loaf pan which took about 50 minutes at 180C. Test the middle of the cake to check if it's cooked before removing from the oven.
|Banana Cake Joan's||180 Celcius 45 mins|
240g banana mashed
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 ts[ baking soda
60g walnut chopped