Action Taken Report | Council of Students' Hostel Affairs 2017-18
 Share
The version of the browser you are using is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a supported browser.Dismiss

 
View only
 
 
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXY
1
SNAction NumberDate of Introduction of the itemMeeting No.Item Number AgendaDecision of the CouncilResponsible FunctionaryAction Taken by the reffered FunctinaryUpdate-2Update-3Update-4
2
1326th October 20161st Meeting COSHA 2016-1711To consider the update on installation of washing machines in hallsA letter from the Chairman COSHA to be sent on behalf of all Halls, to DOIP/IWD, for installing washing machines in washrooms. Chairman COSHAAction PendingAction PendingDOIP 101 form to be sent by hall presidents. Action Completed.
3
21026th October 20161st Meeting COSHA 2016-1719Additional ItemIncreasing the cap on BDMR, due to increase in prices. Needs further deliberationMembers of the CoSHA in general Action PendingAction is under the purview of MEC committeeThe Council decided to mark it as an Action Pending until the finalization of
the MEC report.
4
31126th October 20161st Meeting COSHA 2016-175To note the decisions taken in the 1st meeting of the Centralized Mess CommitteeMess Secretaries are directed to update the detailsMess SecretariesAction PendingConvener Cosha to recirculate it againRecirculation complete. Action pending.The Council discussed whether the members are interested in going about with the initiative. The Convener was requested to share a drive folder for the re-conduction of data collection.
5
4144th April 20171st Special Meeting COSHA 2017-182Announcements and RemarksMOSQUITO ERADICATION: The Convener to take up the issue of fogging inside hostels in the MT section. The timings, frequency and related logistics needs to be worked out for the sameConvener COSHAAction PendingCosha, Convener and Hall-12 President to give out an analysis on purchasing of the equipment and its usage. The Council requested all halls to add the item for fogging devices in their
maintenance budget during the DCF fund allocations. Action Pending
6
5164th April 20171st Special Meeting COSHA 2017-186To discuss the updates on the proposal related to electricity issue and discuss its action planELECTRICITY ISSUES: A follow up was needed on installation of solar panels. Mr. Pratyush Rai (Convener COSHA) would take the follow up along with Mr. Shailendra (President 2016-17 of Hall-8). Hall Presidents to ensure that LED to be installed at common areas first. Discussion for Hall-8’s proposal for individual meters was also carried out. Mr. Pratyush Rai and Mr. Shailendra will follow up for the same. The Council also announced that the main meter of all hostels would be replaced by newer meter. An alumni is going to take it up and it is expected to be completed by the end of summers. Mr. Pratyush Rai and Mr. Shailendra will follow up for the same.
Mr. Pratyush Rai, Mr. ShailendraAction PendingThe Council discussed on the issues as presented by the Hall-8 President. The Hall-8 President is requested to share his proposal on the CoSHA list. The Council requests all halls to consider this issue on priority basis and discuss among themselves whether they would like to move to the model for individual meters. It was decided that the following three things would be pursued by Saurav, Pratyush and Manjeer in detail during the winter breaks –
1. RTI to be filled for information regarding common area electricity consumption in Faculty Apartments and SBRA.
2. Consensus by all halls to be made in order to move to the new model for electricity meters and to determine their interests in pursuing it.
3. Estimate for all the associated costs (ex: re-wiring, meters, etc.) to be collected from IwD for two hostels (GH1 and Hall-8).
4. The issue of institute contributing only 10% to the common area bills of all halls (and not 15%) was brought to the notice of the Council. GHT was requested to share their data for September 2017. The Council also discussed the issue of halls having old devices for common functions (ex: cold storage). The question of ensuring their repairing was also discussed along with the fact that some devices are not even functional in many halls. It was
also discussed that Hall Offices should be moved to institute payment. The Chairman CoSHA is directed by the Council to take it up. The report prepared by Amit and Shailendra containing the information related to the meter installation at Hall Offices has to be sought by the Chairman, CoSHA.
To give this issue a priority, the Council decided to convene the next meeting of CoSHA on 5th January 2018, and to convene a General Body Meeting for the Electricity Issue on the subsequent day (6 th January 2018). The Convener, CoSHA is directed to convene the meetings on the required dates.
7
6174th April 20171st Special Meeting COSHA 2017-187To consider a proposal to make the common areas of hostels open 24×7 for all students, including students of opposite genderOPPOSITE GENDER ENTRY ISSUES: A subcommittee of COSHA with three members (GH1’s Maintainance Secy Ms. Vaishnavi Bhope, COSHA Convener Mr. Pratyush Rai, Hall-8 Mess Secy K. Kishore) was formed which is required to submit its report based on the mandate mentioned in the minutesCOSHA Convener Mr. Pratyush Rai (Convener of sub committee), GH1’s Maintainance Secy Ms. Vaishnavi Bhope, Hall-8 Mess Secy K. Kishore Action PendingThe phrase in Ordinance 11.9 had been proposed to be changed from ‘strictly prohibited’ to ‘discouraged’. The proposal has been accepted in the Senate. The committee's report is awaited. Report to be updated
8
71828th July, 2017 1st Meeting COSHA 2017-184To discuss the updates on the electricity issue and discuss its action planA point was raised that in GH2 the students were supposedly also charged for the electricity usage of the construction equipments. Chairman CoSHA will talk to the DOSA for the electricity consumption point in GH2.COSHA ChairmanAction Pending
9
8214th November, 20172nd Special Meeting of CoSHA 2017-186To discuss the final MEC Committee ReportThe report was discussed and some more suggestions were laid by the member of the Council. It was decided that the final report would be circulated on the CoSHA list after the updates are incorporated in it.CoSHA ChairmanAction Pending
10
9224th November, 20172nd Special Meeting of CoSHA 2017-188To discuss the updates on Rooftop Solar Panel InstallationThe Council deliberated on the proposal and its consequent steps in detail. It was pointed out that the rooftop solar water heating in GH1 was not functional and regular maintenance of similar devices is not being carried out. The Council after discussions, decided to collate similar issues and directed all hall presidents to come up with –
1. An inventory of all facilities in their hall
2. A record of the functional devices present in this inventory
All Hall PresidentsAction Pending
11
10234th November, 20172nd Special Meeting of CoSHA 2017-1810To consider a proposal for formation of Hall Executive Committee in Hall-2The Convener, CoSHA and Chairman, CoSHA to discuss with the Warden-In-Charge of Hall-2, regarding the formation of an HEC with at least Hall President, Maintenance Secretary and Mess Secretary as their members. The Council directed the Chairman and Convener to call for a general body meeting along with the Warden-In-Charge, in order to decide the plan forward for a new HEC, for the period until the next Hall-2 elections are conducted.Chairman CoSHA and Convener, CoSHAAction Pending
12
11246th January, 20183rd Special Meeting of CoSHA 2017-184
To discuss the updates on the electricity issue and take into consideration the need for a GBM
The Chairman CoSHA was requested to write a letter to DoIP for implementing that a member of the HEC would be present in order to verify the authenticity of the readings.
Chairman CoSHA
Action Completed
13
12256th January, 20183rd Special Meeting of CoSHA 2017-196
To consider the case of repeated music disturbances from local neighborhood
The Chairman, CoSHA was requested to seek clarification about this issue with the Chairman, SAEC. Chairman CoSHA
Action Completed
14
13266th January, 20183rd Special Meeting of CoSHA 2017-187To discuss the updates over the installation of cell phone towers in hostel areasThe Convener, CoSHA was requested to communicate that the council is in favour of installing mobile towers near the campus boundary area to the DoIP.
Convener COSHA
Action Completed
15
14276th January, 20183rd Special Meeting of CoSHA 2017-188
To take the cognizance of violation of democratic rights of HEC, faced by student representatives of Hall-11
Hall-11 HEC and Chairman, CoSHA were requested to discuss the issue with the Deputy Director considering that the issues were not resolved till then. Formation of a HMC sub committee was also decided.
Hall-11 HEC, Chairman, CoSHAAction Pending
16
152822nd March, 20182nd Meeting of CoSHA 2017-185To discuss a proposal the for the formation of a Warden Search and Selection CommitteeMr Kunal Kapila was directed to present the proposal in Students' Senate and discuss with relevant authorities for further course of actionMr Kunal Kapila, Chairperson, Students' SenateAction Completed
17
162922nd March, 20182nd Meeting of CoSHA 2017-189To discuss ways to account for representation of student residents in NRA-TowerChairman, CoSHA was directed to convey the representation to NRA tower residentsChairman, CoSHAAction Completed
18
173011th April, 20181st Special Meeting of COSHA 2018-196
To take the cognizance of violation of democratic rights of HEC, faced by student representatives of Hall-11
Chief Election Officer was directed to appoint election officers in hall 11to make sure elections are conducted in a fair manner. Chairman, CoSHA, Convener, CoSHA, President Hall-6 and Hall-12 along with 2
representatives from Hall-11were directed to meet Dean, Students’ Affairs regarding the same.
Chief Election Officer, Chairman CoSHA, Convener, CoSHA, President, Hall 6, President, Hall 12, 2 representatives from hall 11Action Completed
19
183111th April, 20181st Special Meeting of COSHA 2018-197To consider the formation of committee for updating guidelines in HMC document.A committee consisting of Chairman, CoSHA, Convener, CoSHA, President, Hall-6 for updating guidelines in HMC document was formed.Chairman CoSHA, Convener CoSHA, President, hall 6Action Pending
20
193228th July, 20181st Meeting of COSHA 2018-197To discuss the HEC structure of Hall-13Chairman CoSHA was directed to discuss the structure proposed by Warden In-Charge of hall 13 with the Warden.Chairman, CoSHAAction Completed
21
203328th July, 20181st Meeting of COSHA 2018-198To consider uniform rent in halls for festsConvener CoSHA was directed to devise a method for the same in colloboration with all the hall presidents.Convener COSHAAction Completed
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Loading...
Main menu