|Timestamp||First Name||Last Name||School / Department||Program / Year|
Related Prior Experience
Market Interest(s) ~ Economic Sector(s) including...
Technology Interest(s) ~ Enabling Methods including...
Future Law Proto-Concept(s)
|Northeastern Netsci||Phd||Legislation advisor|
Brazil, Latin America, global south
Regulation of technologies, social networks, legislation reform
Block chain, Ai, Network Science
|9/12/2017 14:33:26||David||Andertonemail@example.com||Media Lab||ML19|
Used to enforce product patents and online copyright
|MIT STEX||MIT-affiliated startup|
Qualified barrister + founder of AI/legal tech startup
IP, Finance, Real Estate, Tax, Civil Litigation, ADR & Arbitration
AI/Machine Learning, Smart Contracts, Blockchain, Proactive Law
|MIT STEX||MIT-affiliated startup|
Software Engineer at AI/legal tech startup
IP, National Security, Privacy, International Law, International Trade, Humanitarian, Labor Discrimination, Antitrust
Analytics, Blockchain, AI/Machine Learning,Trust/Identity, Security, Robotics, Data Mining, Anonymization
Harvard History of Science/STS
|PhD (4th year)|
Historical and sociological research on encryption and payment systems (including Bitcoin)
US (comparative w/ EU to a lesser extent)
Social Justice, payment systems, voting/priority-setting, record-keeping, authentication and identity verification
Blochchain, Cryptocurrencies, AI, trust/Identity, payments
|9/13/2017 0:23:21||Corby||Kingfirstname.lastname@example.org||Suffolk Law||JD18|
Insurance, Startup, Expert Systems
Risk Management Negotiation
Analytics, AI/Machine Learning, Robotics/Automation
Risk Management and Negotiation using game theory analytics
|9/13/2017 22:20:03||Chantal||Choiemail@example.com||SUffolk Law||SF19|
Non-profit, social worker
|Global, US and China|
Real estate, corporate, social justice, contracts,
Crowdsourcing, AI/Machine Learning, Blockchain (possibly more that I am not familiar with)
|Suffolk Law School||JD19||Human Resources||US|
Corporate law, Civil Litigation
|Suffolk Law||JD19||Litigation Paralegal||Global, US, EU||IP||AI, security, privacy|
FinTech, Data as an Asset
1. Data is a personal asset, and everyone makes money on it but you. I have access to financial data for hundreds of community banks and I am tasked with monetization. I want to make sure the owner of the data gets a slice. On the legal side I see identity management, ownership rights vs regulatory requirements, and a concept I am calling "data proxy" or "data power of attorney". I plan to create my "one slide" around this.
2. My attorneys and the attorneys on the other side of contracts bicker on the language on what appears to me to be trivial clauses. I would like to upload a draft of a contract and see how the language compares to case law, with the end result showing the probability that this is a real problem. An example would be that my attorneys draft a clause, and the system shows it is in 95% of relevant contracts. The opposing attorneys redraft the clause, and it is in 10% of relevant contracts (or visa versa). This would allow me to better understand when both sets of attorneys know what they are talking about and when they are causing problems to get billable hours.
3. This one is more tongue in cheek, but I think is worth a few minutes of discussion. I want no part of this except to hear the discussion. What are the divorce ramifications with the impending arrival of sexual robots?
4. On the discussion of new property rights domains, how do indigenous people tribal lands with the US work? Are they truly independent? Could one build an airport and fly in refugees?
Agriculture, Finance, Real Estate, global trade
Blockchain, digital assets, Machine learning, digital identity, payment processesing
Harvard Kennedy School
|MPA18||Digital gov, IT strategy||EU||MA|
Blockchain, Digital Currency, Security, Trust/Identity
Urban issues, socioeconomic equity, access to opportunity and services
|Legal software and AI|
Marketing, Finance, Data as an aset
People should have the ability to securely store and selectively share personal information to facilitate commerce. What if marketing was something you co-created vs. something "done to you"?
|9/18/2017 20:17:21||Christopher||LeBlancfirstname.lastname@example.org||Suffolk Law||2L|
Legal intern NGO in Ireland
|Global, US, EU|
IP, contract law, arbitration, public policy, consumer protection
Software that filters "unfair" contract terms in business to consumer contracts. The EU's Unfair Contract Terms Directive prohibits (blacklists) contract terms that engender or create disparities in bargaining power between businesses and citizens.
This software/app would flag potentially problematic terms in uploaded documents or PDFs, cite relevant law, and provide options for replacement terms for businesses, or generate complaint forms containing the problem language for consumers.
|9/19/2017 12:29:43||Moriah||Kingemail@example.com||Suffolk Law||JD18|
Web design, Juvenile Courts,
|US and EU|
Finance, IP, Tax, Family
Automation, Security, digital currency
Tax could largely be improved- for example, creating an automated document to replace an OIC form and limit "pennies on the dollar" scams.
Juveniles would benefit largely from understanding their basic rights within the courtroom and within DCF. Perhaps an interactive educational game?
|9/19/2017 13:00:50||Bianca||Crockettfirstname.lastname@example.org||Suffolk Law||JD19||Human Resources||US||IP, Contracts, Litigation||Any|
|9/19/2017 23:24:36||James||Vradelisemail@example.com||U. of Chicago Law||JD 1985|
Attorney, Software Engineer
IP, eDiscovery, legal research
Analytics, AI, Blockchain
|9/20/2017 15:01:30||Katherine||Manstedfirstname.lastname@example.org||Harvard Kennedy||MPP2|
Corporate Attorney, Judicial Clerk
|Asia Pacific, US|
Government, Emerging tech regulation, national security, law
Blockchain, AI/Machine Learning, Automation, Security
|9/21/2017 9:46:27||Alison||Forsythemail@example.com||Harvard SEAS||PhD12|
Startup Systems Engineer
Security, Authentication, Privacy, Smart Cities
Blockchain, P2P networks, smart contracts, security cameras
1) I'm considering how blockchain, smart contracts, and peer-to-peer network technology could be used to authenticate and verify surveillance video. I believe that an immutable ledger of trusted video and metadata transactions could reduce the cost of record keeping and network bandwidth, limit tampering, and relieve chain of custody concerns for video evidence. Smart cities could be a lot smarter with regard to their video data.
2) Open to discussing other ideas in this space or other topics.
Civic Innovation Office at Oakland City Hall, Startup
|US, Global south||Social Justice, Finance|
Digital currency, Security
Global. USA. South Africa.
Investment. Investtech. Finance. Fintech. Sustainability. ESG
Analytics. Blockchain. Security. Machine Learning. Legal systems.
1. How to help private equity fund manager track the legal sandbox for each of the portfolio companies and their operational sites?
2. How can developments in legal systems help target the illegal trade in wildlife?
3. How can #legaltech help Sea Shepherd track down and prosecute illegal fishing plundering the oceans?
Energy, Social Constructionism
Blockchain, Digital Currency, Automation, Identity, Security, AI
|10/3/2017 10:30:19||Richard||Meehanfirstname.lastname@example.org||Suffolk Law||2L||Litigation Paralegal||Global, US, EU|
Civil litigation, white collar criminal defense, medical malpractice
Blockchain, digital currency, bitcoin, ethereum
|10/3/2017 13:06:54||Harold||Leachemail@example.com||Harvard 76, HLS 78||Visiting||Startup founder; lawyer||US||Practice of law||AI, data, Internet|
MIT Sloan School of Managemeng
|MBA 18||Legal practitioner||Global, US||Finance, Real Estate, IP|
Blockchain, Digital Currency, Payments, IOT
I want to be part of this initiative and learn more legal aspects of blockchain, Digital currency, Payments, IP, IOT.