|Welcome to Demac's Exalted Character Creation Tool, or DECCT for short. DECCT is an Excel worksheet that is designed to facilitate the character creation process in Exalted 3rd Edition. Below are some features of the worksheet that you should familiarize youself with before you start: |
• Bonus points expenditures are tracked automatically on the "Bonus Point Expenditure" sheet. After character creation, this sheet may be hidden.
• The number of bonus points, ability dots, attrubute dots, and charm/spells available are also tracked on the left side of the "Character Gen - Page 1 and "Character Gen -Charms & Spells" sheets.
• Custom character generation rules can be easily set up by unhiding the Custom Character Gen sheet. Rehide the sheet when custom character generation rules are complete.
• Green fields are fields that you need to fill out during character creation and update during gameplay.
• Gray fields are fields that are either calculated or contain a static number. Do NOT change anything in those fields.
• After character creation, this instruction page may be hidden.
• Exalted is not my product or my intellectual property. It is the intellectual property of White Wolf Publishing and is currently licensed to Onyx Path Publishing.
|2||Chacter Gen - Page 1||Attributes, Abilities, Specialties, Permanent Essence, Permanent Willpower, Weapon Stats, Armor Stats, Defense, Resolve, Guile, Common Die Pools, and Merits (all merits should be recorded here). See blow for more specific instructions on the Character Sheet|
|3||Character Gen -Charms & Spells||Splat specific charms, evocations, and spells are recorded here. The DECCT will register the new charm once the Charm Type has been chosen. Charm Type is either an attribute, ability,"Evocation", or spell circle. Sorcery charms should have their names completely spelled out as "Terrestrial Circle Sorcery", "Celestial Circle Sorcery", and "Solar Circle Sorcery" in order to receive the free spell.|
|5||Character Gen -Merits & Rituals||Record the character's merits and sorcerous rituals here.|
|6||Character Gen - BP Expenditures||Details about your Bonus Point expenditures. This page can be hidden after character generation is complete.|
|7||XP||Regular and splat specific experience point Expenditures and Earnings.|
|8||Crafting Projects||Crafting Experience Expenditures and Earnings and project management tools.|
|9||Character Gen - Custom Rules||Adjustments to the number of attributes, abilities, charms and spells, specialties, and merits granted prior to spending bonus points can be made here. Also the number of bonus points granted at character generation as well as the number of caste (or aspect) abilities and attributes granted to a spat can be altered here (hidden by default).|
|10||Weapons and Armor||Tables for Weapon and Armor Stats (hidden by default).|
|11||Powers Calculation||Counts favored and unfavored charms (hidden by default).|
|12||Parry Calculation||Calculates the character's highest parry based on the relevant combat skills and weapons (hidden by default).|
|13||Splat Template||Table containing information related to the character generation of a particular splat (hidden by default).|
|14||Excellencies and Specialties||Calculates whether an exalt gets a free excellency for an ability based on the rules for a Solar and whether or not they have a specialty for that ability (hidden by default).|
|15||Ability Calculation||Counts ranks of favored and unfavored abilities (hidden by default).|
|16||Attribute Calculation||Automatically selects optimal Primary/Secondary/Tertiary choices for attribute groups based on the ranks you assign to individual attributes (hidden by default).|
|17||Caste-Aspect Traits||Table containing information related to the character generation of a particular caste or aspect for a splat (hidden by default).|
|18||Merit BP Calculation||Calculates the bonus points spent on Merits (hidden by default).|
|CHARACTER SHEET INSTRUCTIONS|
|Exalt Type||This selects the type of Exalted Character you wish to play and which template you will start out with.|
|Caste or Aspect||This field selcetes which Caste or Aspect you will play. The available options are determined by the Exalt Type you select.|
|Favored Abilities and Attributes||Any Ability and Attribute may be marked as favored by selecting "F" in the appropriate Fav/Caste/Asp column.|
|Caste and Aspect Abilities and Attributes||The option to select an Ability or Attribute as caste or aspect depends both on which Exalt Type you have chosen and which Caste or Aspect you have chosen. Caste Abilities are denoted with a "C" while Aspect Abilities are denoted with an "A". |
In order to select Martial Arts as favored, caste, or aspect ability, you must first select Brawl as a favored, caste, or aspect ability. You must then take the "Martial Artist" merit. Please pay attention to spelling.
|Craft||Individual Crafting abilities are tracked in the "CRAFTS" section of this sheet. The number reflected in the "ABILITES" should be the highest Crafts score.|
|Martial Arts||Individual Martial Arts abilities are tracked in the "MARTIAL ARTS" section on this sheet. The number reflected in the "ABILITES" should be the highest Martial Arts score.|
|Specialties||Specialties are recorded in the "SPECIALTIES" section on the sheet. Many traits have two columns: one marked with an "(S)" and one marked "(No S)". These indicate what the die pool would with and without an applicable specialty respectively. Weapons have a "Specialty" field that should be either a "Y" or "N" value to indicate if you have an applicable specialty for that weapon.|
|Armor and Soak||Natural Soak is calculated by adding Stamina to the first iteration of the Unusual Hide merit that appears in your Merit’s Section. All armor stats are determined by selecting the appropriate armor type. The options: |
• Light: Mortal
• Medium: Mortal
• Heavy: Mortal
• Light: Artifact
• Medium: Artifact
• Heavy: Artifact
Pay attention to spelling if you are unable to acceess the dropdown list. There are two spaces between the ":" and the next letter.
|Decisive Attack||Decisive Attacks are calculated using Dexterity + appropriate combat ability. There are two columns that indicate the dice pools for whether or not a specialty applies.|
|Withering Attack||By default Withering attack stats are calculated by adding weapon stats to the decisive attack pool without a specialty. |
Steps to generating accurate withering attack dice pools.
1) Select the appropriate combat ability to be used.
2) Select whether or not the weapon is an artifact. If the weapon is not an artifact, place an “N” in the Artifact field in the WITHERING ATTACK section. If it is an artifact, then place a “Y” in that field. If no value is selected, then the weapon is assumed to not be an artifact.
3) Indicate the weapon category. The following options are valid weapon categories:
• Close: Light
• Close: Medium
• Close: Heavy
• Archery: Light
• Archery: Medium
• Archery: Heavy
• Thrown: Light
• Thrown: Medium
• Thrown: Heavy
4) Select the maximum range for the weapon. The options are:
5) Indicate whether or not a specialty applies to this weapon. If the character does have an applicable specialty, then the value should be “Y”. Otherwise, the value of this field should be “N”.
6) Input the applicable tags into the Tags field. The Flame, Crossbow, and Shield tags automatically make the appropriate adjustments to the weapons dice pools.