Thank you for using The Frugal Gene's budget template!
It's originally based on the monthly and annual budget templates provided by Google Sheets, but it has extensive modifications to better fit how we budget.
|Instructions for use:|
1. First make a copy of this template
In the menu above, go to 'File' -> 'Make a copy...'
Name the copy whatever you want your budget to be called
2. Go to the 'Setup' tab of your new budget and fill in the required information
Make sure the year is correct
Update the income and expense categories to reflect your situation
Add an Account entry for each account you use to make or receive payments
3. As you spend money, go to the 'Expenses' tab to input the expense
4. As you earn money, go to the 'Income' tab to input the amount
5. To track money transfer between Accounts, such as making a credit card payment or moving money to savings, enter it on the 'Transfers' tab
6. Review how much you're spending on a monthly basis in the 'Monthly Summary' tab
7. Review how much you're spending over the year on the 'Annual Summary' tab