|Timestamp||Your Name||Your Area||Report|
|4/28/2009 8:49:25||David McGary||Telecomm||- Toni has collected the on-line Directory update forms and entered them into the database.|
- We will be performing upgrades to Emergency Responder, Unity, and Call Manager this summer.
- The New Chemistry Building is starting to come on-line. We have installed phone lines for the elevators so far.
- I recently attended the annual ACUTA conference and exhibition.
|4/28/2009 9:53:04||Mark Underwood||CEAO||The semester has gone well. We are replacing a few pieces of very old equipment here on campus and at the extended campuses. We are anticipating a busy summer and will be upgrading some of our computer labs with units provided by Brenda Nix COE. Many thanks Brenda !!|
|4/28/2009 11:17:59||Mark Belva||IS Operations & Systems Programming||• We completed the Cognos security setup on test and prod.|
• History Days and Foreign Language days went OK.
• We attended the Cognos Reporting training.
• Mainframe time change on Friday, March 6, went OK.
• Mid Term grades went OK.
• We attended the ODS SFA and FIN training.
• Mark Belva attended SunGard Summit.
• Completed Production Cognos and ODS setup.
• Set up the Cognos deployment procedure for reports.
• Deployed some Finance reports to Production Cognos.
• Helped with Faculty Senate election results with ballots and scanning.
• Will be running the RACF security audit reports in June.
|4/28/2009 11:22:10||Brian Purcell||Information Systems|
- We have had another rash of compromised users. It had really died down for several weeks, but then returned with a flourish. This last round included a "phishing" email that looked fairly official and was even signed CTLT helpdesk, so it looks like bad guys are doing targeted research. Scary.
- We completed an audit of the firewall policy, with great success.
- We have started laying the framework for more audits including a server and user account audit.
- We have made some small revisions to the previously proposed policies, and started writing the accompanying standards/guidelines. All these can be found at http://sites.google.com/a/murraystate.edu/information-security .
- A reminder that we are continuing to scan all email both inbound and outbound. This means that some of the messages that you SEND could fall into YOUR quarantine. Please remind your users, and check your quarantine periodically.
- Eric and I attended a training class at SANS, it was very informative.
- We continue to look at outsourcing our email, and the legal issues involved.
- We moved Webmail to a new server during spring break. It was a successful move and has addressed the performance problems we were experiencing with Webmail.
|4/28/2009 14:06:07||Tommy Phillips||Network Services||• We are planning to update our firmware on the network and add network capacity over the summer, which will involve significant downtime. A specific date will be announced as it gets closer.|
• LaMarr Baucom and Brett Shewcraft attended McAfee system management training recently.
• We are testing a Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) system for campus, as part of a larger software patch management system.
|4/29/2009 8:21:16||Terry Burgess||Student Affairs/Housing||The Housing Department has been getting ready for its migration over to Banner for assignments in the immediate future. We have also made the attempt to go paperless for our Summer O sections of giving out assignments by purchasing 3 laptop computers with the intention of using them to access our rosters instead of printing out several rosters on computer paper saving us from using nearly 300 sheets of paper each time.|
|4/29/2009 9:31:09||Hal Rice||CTLT||The registration process went better than expected. Most problems were related to forgotten passwords. We are working hard to figure out the beat methods to deal with the new username formats for new prople coming inot the system using first inital last name followed by anumber in some cases. Communication of the changes is the biggest problem at this time.|
Garrett will report on the Dell Warranty Parts Direct contract and other computer support issues.
We now have a license for Survery Monkey as a campus wide survery tool. This application will be supported by Beth Sloan and all requests to use the software will be processed through her.
|5/1/2009 15:31:32||Riza Marjadi||Academic Affairs||Digital Measures Activity Insight has been rolled out. Plan for the future is integrating scheduled teaching data from Banner into Activity insight.|
|5/2/2009 12:35:24||Jackie Dudley||Finance & Admin Services||Most administrative and student service areas have been working hard to continue the implementation of myGate. The myGate registration rollout is going very well. The student/facutly registration golive center has now closed and the entire registration process has moved back to Sparks Hall. The next step with the myGate implementation is to bring the cashiering and student billing processes into production. The new cashering function will begin to be used during May and student billing will begin in late June. Student billing changes include moving all students to electronic billing, an enhanced web payment gateway, and flexible student payment plans.|
The Finance and IT areas are working to get employee leave data and position detail reports available to departments over the next month.
|5/4/2009 7:56:06||Adam Murray||University Libraries||plans for a completely new library website are underway, with projected completion for beginning of school in August|
|5/4/2009 8:07:20||Brenda Nix||College of Education||Have begun installation of docking station configurations for all faculty. |
Many COE graduate programs are changing (e.g., new Masters Program called Teacher Leader). Therefore, we are reviewing data collection (fields, reports, etc.) to determine that not only required reporting, but also data for successful growth and development of the programs will be available. Anxiously awaiting completion of initial phases of Banner/MyGate to see effects on existing data systems in COE and then plans for improved, expanded functionality of Banner to include academic areas, archival of paper data, etc.
Would like to learn more about changes to university branding especially in the area of webpages, how we need to guide changes in our academic areas.
|5/4/2009 8:22:47||Jack Smith||College of Business & Public Affairs||• Major technology upgrades occurring throughout the college.|
- Many labs will be upgraded with new Dell computers.
- New Epson projector in every classroom.
- New Dell PC in every classroom.
- PCs currently in these locations will either be surplused or rolled down to faculty/staff locations.
- Several MAC computers are also being purchased to replace out-dated slow machines.
• Upgrading storage area on file server for college.
• Continuing to work on getting bugs worked out of terminal services so that more stations can be installed throughout the college.
|5/4/2009 8:32:08||Dave McKenna||Information Systems||- reimagining of the disaster recovery plan for ERP systems is ongoing|
- EDW implementation delayed temporarily
- working on conversion of data feeds formerly from mainframe for COE, datamart, BlackBoard
- online phone directory development ongoing
- starting to think about Banner 8 upgrade planning; will likely visit DBAs at UTM and share info