Send feedback to pavlo.ardanov()gmail.com
Known companions for selected crops
Click here to read more about companions and incompatible crops
|Your final design shall not necessary include all ticked options||Continue to crop environmental requirements|
|Video instruction||Crops available in databases|
|Beta-version of polyculture design tool for vegetables, leafy greens, and spice and aromatic plants.|
Check session status here before start.
|Choose desired cash crops||Companion crops||Number of associations||Associated cash crops||Select companions to consider for your polycultures||Shortcut: skip to zonal crop arrangement|
(without reviewing and correcting possible miscelaneos data)
|Indicate start and end of your session below:||Tree spinach||Barley||1||Beetroot||Any errors on this sheet?|
|Session started||Abyssian mustard||Broccoli||1||Beetroot|
|If current session is not finished by previos user:||Beetroot||Brussels Sprouts||1||Beetroot|
|- Go to link 2||Cabbage||1||Beetroot|
|- Go to link 3||Catnip||1||Beetroot|
|- Go to link 4||Cauliflower||1||Beetroot|
|- Go to link 5||Chives||1||Beetroot|
|Click to share your experience with other users of this tool.||Egyptian Onion, Walking Onion, Top onion, Tree Onion||1||Beetroot|
|The tool combines 3 approaches:|
- Trait-based approach utilizing information from 3 databases: Plants for a Future (PFAF), Natural Plant Capital Database (NPC), and TRY database. You can improve this tool by supplementing missing information and by correcting outputs whenever databases report different values.
- Citizen science approach - you can utilize suggestions from peer growers as well as to share your own experience.
- Systematic literature review approach - you can improve performance of your vegetable polycultures by including spice and aromatic crops with proven efficiency in pest control and growth promotion.
|Overview of design process:|
- Select up to 10 cash crops.
- Design up to 5 polycultures for different environments with selected crops and their associates.
- Include spice and aromatic crops and extra crops to improve service provisioning in your polycultures (weed, pest control, nutrient cycling and water conservation).
|Tendu Guthli, Gaub Persimmon||1||Beetroot|
- Move from left to right. Right columns and top rows are usually frozen, so you may need to scroll up and left to see top cells.
- Tick checkboxes, select from lists, press red buttons, click links.
- The tool contains 10 spreadsheets to be worked consequtively. The link to move to next spreadsheet is located at the end of at the beginning of eash design sheet.
- You can complete design in several sessions - spreadsheets store all your inputs for maximum 5 days. Please, indicate the start and the end of your session below. Press "Clear inputs" button located at the beginning of each design spreadsheet to remove inputs of previos user.
- To use red action buttons you need to authorize with your gmail or other google account (click round button "Google account" in the right corner). When utilizing a button for the first time you will see a pop-up window "Authorization required". You need to authorize "Scripts": press “Google hasn’t verified this app” – “Advanced” - “Go to Scripts (unsafe)” - “Allow”. Then you can press a button again to perform required action.
- Most workbooks require pressing action buttons to load data (and some additionally require opening of service spreadsheets). Follow instructions at the beginning of each workbook.
- Green running bar at the top right corner of each workbook indicates the progress of computations. Wait till the workbook finishes computations (and the green bar disappears) before moving to the next workbook. Workbooks utilize your computer's operational power. Some calculations might be lengthy depending on a workbook and your computer's capacity.
- Each spreadsheet contains design sheets (up to 5) and sheets with notes. You can simultaneously open different sheets of a workbook in different tabs or browser windows to visualize information side-by-side.
- The tool is in test mode and whe shall be grateful for your feedback. Please, report to Pavlo Ardanov (pavlo.ardanov()gmail.com on any errors indicating the name of spreadsheet, sheet name and cell range.
|Small yellow triangular signs at top right cell corners indicate cells with comments providing detailed instructions, should you need them. Point to such cels to view comments.|
- Please don't resolve comments. They serve as guidance to all users.