|Conscious Consumers Badges|
|Conscious Consumers badges reflect sustainable practices in business operations and products that respect people, the planet and animals. Conscious Consumers currently has 19 badges that apply to retailers and suppliers in the fashion, food retail, homeware & gifts, hospitality and personal care industries. |
- Operational Badges: These badges apply to any business regardless of their industry type or size.
- Product Badges: These badges relate to the products sold by a business and, in some cases, will be specific to a certain type of types of industries.
Credible certifications, standards and NGO programme ratings are incorporated into all its product badge standards, including the Fairtrade Mark, Biogro Organics, Child Labour free, carboNZero and Living Wage Aotearoa and Conscious Consumers works in partnership with these certifiers and NGOs.
For detailed information on the badges and standards businesses must meet to become accredited please see the 'Retailer Badges and Standards' and 'Supplier Badges and Standards' sheets.
Shortly Conscious Consumer badges will directly align with the values consumers identify as important to them when they register via countmein.nz. This will enable consumers to search for businesses who have been accredited with badges that directly align with their values. Businesses in turn will be able to make more informed decisions about new badges to adopt, new products to sell, as well as what information to communicate to consumers.
|The Accreditation process|
|To become accredited, a business must complete a business appraisal template supplied by Conscious Consumers. Via the appraisal template the business must:|
1) Select the badges they wish to apply for (as a minimum a retailer must apply for at least three operational badges & two or three product badges (depending on industry type) a supplier must apply for at least one badge. For information on minimum standards a business must meet to become accredited please see the 'Minimum Standards' sheet).
2) Fill in the required badge fields in the appraisal template and upload necessary verification evidence and impact data to its folder (for information on verification requirements please see the 'Retailer Badges & Standards' sheet).
3) Submit the information to Conscious Consumers sustainability staff
4) Within ten working days a business will receive a confirmation email from Conscious Consumers confirming the badges it has been awarded and/or requesting any missing or incomplete verification evidence.
5) A business' badges will be made live on its smartphone app profile once minimum standards have been met. A business may apply for additional badges at any time.
6) Once accredited, a business’ badges will be valid for one year from the date they are 'made live' on the Conscious Consumers smartphone app.
7) After one year, a re-appraisal will be required to maintain a business' accreditation listing on the smartphone app. A business will be contacted three months before their accreditation expires to ensure they have ample time to begin the re-appraisal process.
If a re-appraisal is not completed within one year, a business' accreditation listing will be downgraded to a ‘Insight’ listing until the re-appraisal has been completed. An ‘insight’ listing gives a retailer access to customer insights, but it is not able to send vouchers to customers.
|Recognising top performers/leading retailers|
|To recognise top performing/leading retailers, retailers with the most badges and most products sold will shortly be given preferential ranking in searches on the Conscious Consumers smartphone app.|
A bronze, silver, gold rating system is also being developed to recognise top performers. There will be opportunities for businesses, consumers and partner organisations to provide feedback on the rating system proposal in 2017.