People's Action Party (PAP)
DPP (Democratic Progressive Party)
NSP (National Solidarity Party)
RP (Reform Party)
SPP (Singapore People's Party)
PPP (People's Power Party)
1. Singapore should address income inequality before pursuing economic growth.
No, as overall growth is the best way to help the poor.
Yes, Singapore can afford to slow down its growth a bit to address economic inequality.
2. Singapore should grant fewer visas to low-skilled migrants.
No, but visas should only be increased for industries that Singaporeans don't want to work in.
Yes, Singapore should decrease visas for industries that rely too heavily on foreign labor. Other industries are fine.
3. Singapore should grant fewer permanent residencies to high-skilled migrants.
No, not until its birth rate increases.
Yes, but Singapore should try to avoid population decline.
4. Companies and organizations should be required to search for a Singaporean before hiring a foreigner.
No, but if there are two similar candidates and one is Singaporean, he or she should be given the job.
Yes, but this policy should only apply for managerial positions.
5. Singapore should abolish 377A, which criminalizes homosexual acts.
No, but if the majority approves, I will accept it.
Yes, but the majority has to approve of any changes to it.
6. Singapore should expand its civil liberties (freedom of speech, freedom of public assembly, etc.)
No, but punishments for violations should be minimal.
Yes, but social cohesion should always be the first priority.
7. Singapore should abolish streaming practices in education.
No, but streaming at the end of primary school is too early.
Yes, but not until an alternative is found.
8. Singapore should lower the minimum withdrawal age for CPF.
No, but Singapore should not increase its withdrawal age beyond 65.
Yes, but only for those who were promised access at age 55.
9. Citizens should have free access to their CPF funds once they reach the withdrawal age.
No, access should only be relaxed a bit, as total freedom invites mismanagement.
Yes, access should be substantially relaxed, although there should still be a limit on withdrawals.
10. CPF money should only be used for retirement purposes.
No, citizens should be able to access CPF funds for both retirement and purchasing property.
Yes, but citizens should be able to access CPF funds for aging-related expenses like healthcare.
11. The government should increase welfare spending.
No, but it should increase its financial support for charitable organizations.
Yes, but it should encourage its citizens to be self-reliant.
12. The government should increase income taxes for the rich.
No, but it should increase taxes on the resident wealthy in other ways.
Yes, but Singapore should not set its income tax rate below other nations'.
13. Singapore should establish a minimum wage.
No, but Singapore should provide skills training for its lowest earners.
Yes, but only in some industries.
14. The government should abolish racial quotas for housing estates.
No, but it should make the quotas more flexible.
Yes, but the government should intervene if ethnic enclaves start to form.
15. Ministerial salaries should be significantly reduced.
No, but salaries should still be generous relative to the normal population.
Yes, but they should still be benchmarked to private sector rates.