The version of the browser you are using is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a supported browser.Dismiss

Still loading...
TIP No. days - InitialTIP No. days immigrationTIP No. days - MaximumTIP ExtendableTIP - Fines for OverstayCarnet & TIP notesTIP - Additional User notesDocuments RequiredOther Vehicle RequirementsUpdate by Region
south africa180180YesNon EU Vehicles - Six months in total in a single trip or 6 months over a 12 month period. EU Vehicles may stay a maximum of 6 months in a 12 month period in a single country with out being registered or taxed - unless you are claiming under as a cross border employee.Eastern Europe
South Africa90180YesPart of the Southern African Customs Union, if shipping in or out a Carnet is recommended, it can be time consuming and difficult to pay a deposit at the port. Others have also reported having issues and delays shipping out of the SACU with out a carnet. If travelling by land you can enter with a TIP for free. A temporary import permit and is valid for a period of three (3) months and maybe extended once for a further period of three (3) months for all SACU countries. If entering by Air or sip a Carnet is recommended as to enter with a TIP requires the payment of a deposit. Carnet is valid for up to one year. Customs may give 3 months grace for expired carnets. If you are shipping out by sea we also recommended using a Carnet. TIPs or Carnets are only process whilst entering or leaving the SACU. <a href="http://www.sars.gov.za/AllDocs/OpsDocs/Policies/SC-TA-01-06%20-%20CPD%20Carnet%20-%20External%20Policy.pdf" target="_blank"">CPD External Policy Sars</a>
Southern Africa