|Team Roster Instructions:|
To make a copy of this roster for your team: File > Make a copy
Initial Team Entry: Please complete this form with the name of every member of your team. The first 5 roles are required (Faculty Advisor, CEO, Chief Safety Officer, Business Development Director, and Chief Engineer). The remaining roles and responsibilities are suggestions, based on industrial team roles and responsibilities. Team members may be listed without a role and responsibility, but we encourage all team members to identify what their roles are and how they will contribute to the team effort.
Subsequent Team Updates: Team composition will naturally evolve over time as some student leave, others join, and others change roles within the team. At every interim update and report submission point, teams must submit an updated team roster as part of their submission package. It is the CEO's (overall team leader's) responsibility to maintain a current student roster. As the team evolves, please be sure to update the team member status. All past and present team members should be included on the roster. The team member status can be listed as Active, Withdrawn, Graduated and active, Graduated and withdrawn, Apprentice (list affiliation under student name).
Updated June 6, 2018
|* Provides guidance to team|
* Liases between team and other university departments and with university administration
|* Ultimately responsible for all aspects the project.|
* Supports the safety office and promotes a culture of safety as the first priority.
* Ensures timely progress to meet all milestones.
* Maintains communication with both Base 11/HeroX and with university about status, activities, and progress against timeline. Submits reports and other deliverables as required.
* Ensures team composition is balanced and maintains team roster.
* Oversees budget and other resources.
* Oversees logistics and other administrative details.
* Holds regular team meetings to review progress and discuss next steps
Chief Safety Officer
|* Responsible for all safety issues relating to the project.|
* Maintains a culture of safety that makes safety the first priority.
* Ensures that all team members are properly trained and have the necessary personal protection equipment (PPE). Ensure new team members undergo same safety training as current members.
* Operational safety:
Ensure conditions in labs and test sites meet safety requirements
Ensure that team members have the PPE and training necessary for given activities
* Design safety:
- Work with design and development teams to be familiar with safety mechanisms/components and procedures
- Ensure that the rocket meets the standards of the Project Safety Requirements document
* Liaise as necessary with university and/or test site safety officers.
* Maintain a safety log. Document any safety issues, including near misses. Document any remedial actions.
|Business Development Director|
|* Manages budget for project|
* Identifies and works with potential donors or other additional sources of funding
* Manages story telling activities, such as update videos and blog posts
* Manages logistics for test runs, team travel, etc.
* Identifies and leverages potential PR opportunities
|* Ultimate design responsibility for the project*Oversees the engineering and integration of all systems and subsystems for the project and coordinates the work of the Team Leaders.|
*Responsible for overall design of rocket
*Works with the team leader and other section leaders to coordinate the work of the different groups to ensure the big picture is kept in mind, and manages how changes in one system impact the whole.
|Avionics Leader||* Oversees all electronics work for both vehicle and ground systems, including both hardware and software.|
* Works with safety officer to ensure that avionics design meets safety requirements and supports the safe operation of the vehicle and the safe conduct of ground operations.
*Works with Chief Engineer and other Team Leads to ensure successful integration of hardware and software.
*Works with testing/analysis leader and Propulsion Leader to support engine testing.
Flight Dynamics Leader
|* Responsible for the aerodynamic design and analysis of the vehicle.|
* Responsible for for assessing the aerodynamic loads on the vehicle and providing this input to the Structures Leader and other teams.*Works with Structures Leader and Chief Engineer to analyze the dynamics of the vehicle in flight, including natural frequencies and bending, propellant slosh, and the requirements they impose on vehicle structure and subsystems.* Responsible for overall design of vehicle’s recovery system, in collaboration with Avionics Leader.
|Structure Leader||* Responsible for structural design, analysis and fabrication for both the vehicle and support equipment such as engine test stands.* Works closely with Chief Engineer and other team leads to ensure successful integration|
* Responsible for understanding and accounting for the various load conditions that the vehicle and components will be exposed to.
* Works with safety officer to ensure designs meet safety requirements and best practices.
|Testing and Analysis Leader||* Oversees each testing occurrence|
* Responsible for analyzing data from each test and sharing results with team
* Responsible for failure analysis of prototypes
* Works with safety officer to ensure all testing occurs safely
* Works with chief engineer and business/marketing leader to manage logistics for static test firing submission
|Propulsion Leader||* Leads the propulsion team and manages overall design, development, and implementation of the propulsion system and its subsystems and components.|
* Works with Chief Engineer and other team leads to ensure smooth integration with the rest of the rocket
* Works closely with Testing and Analysis Leader to plan and coordinate engine testing
* Works closely with Chief Safety Officer to ensure that safety considerations are paramount in all engine design and testing activities.
|Configuration Management Manager||* Works with all group leaders to ensure that software, hardware, and all systems integration platforms are compatible.|