JAKUBANY GREEK CATHOLIC CHURCH BAPTISM RECORDS
BIRTHS/BAPTISMS Oct 31, 1895 - Nov 27, 2004 Sorted primarily by Child within Surname and Birth Year
but not showing birthdates after 1946
Notes: -This is a new link as the other Birth/Baptism file is long enough. The previous link showed estimated births of
children in the 1895-1900 range if they had died 1895-1900. Rather than go back and remove those estimated
births, I will leave it to you, the researcher, to determine from these records below what the actual birth dates
are. In the past, we've discovered death records of children wherein the births/baptisms could not be found so I
will leave the estimated births in the previous 1772-1895 link as is.
- In these records as well, there are some illegitimate children that have notes in the observation column: Per sub-
sequentus matrimonium legitmus (PSML) of 'husb' giving the husband's name which seems to indicate the
father of the child as well. No research has been done to determine whether the illegitimate child's last name
was that of the mother or father in the marriage records.
- The man's or woman's name in parenthesis following a mother's name is her parent's name (s) usually shown when
her child is illegitimate.
- Question marks denote hard to read names/dates, guesses at partial or illegible names/dates.
- There are several entries where the locale (house # field) is given as a U.S. city, state or "America".
I am given to believe that the baptism and birth took place in the U.S. location and that the US church priest
sent the info to the Jakubany church priest who recorded the info. Perhaps this is why several records are
recorded out of date sequence.
- Often, the mother's first name Marianna is written as Maria in other baptism records for other children.
- House number column is all Jakubany unless otherwise given. References to Uj-Lublo is shortened to Lublo.
I believe that all baptisms in these records were done in the Jakubany church. If house column is other than Jak.,
perhaps this is where parents were from or where child was born. Children were born at home in Jakubany until . . .
sometime in the 1960's or later, births of children no longer happened at home in Jakubany.
Births happened in a hospital in Kamienka until the hospital in Stara Lubovna was completed.
- Many times in the records, the symbol used for death was a cross sign that looked like + over the child's name,
but not always was there a death date shown in the observation column. Oft times a chld was baptized after death
& the birth date = the bapt date and no godparents (no g.p.) names were listed.
- From mid 1919 thru 1951 (partial), the baptism records are recorded in russian. Some surnames when translated to english
seem to be misspelled due to errors by the recordkeeper or inadequate russian alphabet to properly represent
the applicable letter(s). For example, the russian letter for 'g' and 'h' is the same; the letter for 'ja'/'ya' is the same,
so in new names, I will not always know which is the actual english letter(s) to use. So for names translated from
latin/russian, where I don't know if the translation is correct, I will use (SP) to designate the surname and (sp) to
designate the first name or a question mark if there is not room or for a date. If I am not sure if the Surname starts
with a G or H, I will spell the name as G[H] ...
- There are several names (Guzlej, Haladej, Rejda) wherein the 'j' was written in russian as the english 'y' equivalent.
- Beginning with 1919-1968 russian records, wedding dates were also noted in the Observation column of some children.
- There are some short pages with a few births in latin in some years that may be a double entry with # symbol in record column.
- Dates in the Death Date/Other column are death dates, (sometimes preceded with + or 'd.') unless otherwise noted.
- There are some surnames, first names & birthdates of parents where 2 records spell/show it differently. Rather than
correct it, we will leave as is since we are merely transcribing the records and in some cases, we don't know which is correct.
- Beginning in May 1961, some illegitimate child births listed the natural father in the observation column as 'prirodny otec'.
So the natural father's name has been added to the father's column after the hyphens '-------' ; no mention if he married the mother.
- I fought with the concept of privacy of those born after 1950, many who may still live in the village, some in the US.
My main reason for this website has expanded to not only include records on ancestors but to assist you in
finding possible living cousins there as well, so for this purpose, these records are shown.
- For the sake of same names, Catharina & Katarina will be sorted under Catharina if both given for the same surname,
otherwise shown separately under Cath or Kat if none of one and one or more of the other (and Zuzanna under Susanna).
F=firstborn if noted; I =illegitimate
|Child's Name||F/I||FATHER||MOTHER||House#||(if noted)|
|2||19320101||Anna||(too light-can't read)||(too light-can't read)||Jak --|
|*59||Anna||No father shown on rec.||No mother shown on rec.||---||m:11-29-1992-VladislavZales|
|19||Elena||I||----||ABRAHAMOVSKA, Zuzanna (J*||204||*oann&Zuzanna Guzlej|
|38||19270719||Anna||I||----||BAKOS bn Gulyasi, Katarina *||343||*(Stefan & Anna Vasily)|
|34||19300416||Katarina||I||----||BAKOS bn Gulyasi, Katarina|
|29||Jaroslav (m)||I||----||BANDY, Klara (b:11-26-1984)||Jak|
|50||Robert illeg||I||---- otec neuvedeny||BANDY, Lucia bn 1-4-1987 in SL||534||birth in SL; bapt in Jak|
|18||Simona (fem)||I||----||BANDY, Nada (b:1-24-1980)||534|
|71||18990925||Anna +||I||---- *nna Pribyss)||BESKID, Anna (Michael & Julia*||234||11-8-n/a|
|18||19000217||Catharina||I||---- *Catharina Kuzma)||BESKID, Catharina (Damiani & *|
|62||19411122||Elena||I||----||BESKID, Anna (Stefan Beskid)||485|
----(Macsuga, Mikhail) PSML? 2-24-1922
|BESKID, Eva (Joseph B. & Eva*||120||*Krivonyak)|
|8||19430209||Milan (male)||I||----||BESKID, Anna||472|
|48||19280808||Nikolaus||I||----||BESKID, Anna (Josif & Katarina*||389||* Vorobely)|
|51||19050826||Stephan||I||----||BESKID, Eva (Joannis)||398|
|25||19151223||Zuzana||(none given), Andreas||BESZKID, Anna||245|
|24||19310302||Eva||I||----||BILOVODSKI, Anna (bn Csopjak)||202|
BILOVODSKA, Anna (bn Csopjak)
|11||19320128||Joann||I||----||BILOVODSKI, Anna (bn Csopjak)||202|
|72||19281027||Maria||I||----||BILOVODSKY bn Csopjak, Anna||202|
|14||18970130||Susanna||I||----||BJEGALA, Susanna (Joseph)||424|
|71||19031005||Nicolaus||I||---- *widow of Joannis Blaz.in USA|
Blazsovszky born Michnya, Catharina* 375
|52||Stefan||I||----||BLASOVSKA, Maria (Stefan &*||104||*Anna Vataha?)|
BONDRA, Maria (wid of Andreas*
|13||19000128||Stephan||I||----||BONDRA, Marianna (Joannis)||402|
|81||19361110||Vasil||I||---- *Zuzanna Stuczka)||BONDRA, Katarina (Joann & *||440||d. 7-24-1937|
|16||19380208||Vasili||I||----||BONDRA, Eva (Andrej Bondra-d)||448|
|31||19210610||Anna||I||----||BOSKO, Julianna (SP)||child not marked illegit.|
|71||19281027||Anna||I||----||BREZNYAK, Maria (Joann. & *||196||*Anna Duda)|
---- *Catharina Zajancskovszky)
BUCSKO, Catharina (Stephan &*
CERVENABRADA, Anna (gypsy) (illeg dau of Maria C.)
|82||19381112||Elena||I||----||CHUDIK, Katarina (Josif & Katar*||354||*ina Vasily)|
|42||Darina(fem.)||I||---- DUNKA, Josif||CSERVENYAK, Emilya||403|