|Author / Creator: Huong Trinh|
|1||것||A thing or an object||Add protect range.|
If you find any mistake, etc. Please leave a comment or send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
1000 most common Korean words
1. The example sentences should be simple and common.
2. Don't be afraid of making mistake. Just try your best. And double check before posting.
3. INSERT COMMENT (ctrl + alt + M) when you see others' mistakes instead of delete/correct them. This will let people know their mistakes and we can all learn from them. If you are the original poster, you can change/correct your sentences.
4. Avoid working on the same cell as other people.
5. Only copy-paste example sentence from naver, ezcorean... if it's a common sentence/phrase .
(O) 연습 많이 했어요? - Have you exercised a lot?
(X) 할 일 없으면 집에 가서 낮잠이나 자라 - If you've got nothing better to do, go home and take a nap (instead of bothering me).
Undo: Ctrl+Z (Win); ⌘+Z (Mac)
Insert comment: Ctrl+Alt+M (Win); Shift+F2 (Mac)
Add a new line in a cell: Ctrl+Enter (Win);
|2||하다||To do (verb)|
|3||있다 (자동사)||To be (Intransitive verb)|
|4||있다 (보조동사)||To be (Auxiliary verb)|
|6||수||Way, idea, method, solution|
|7||하다||To do (auxiliary verb)|
|10||없다||Do not exist, absent|
|11||않다||To not be, to not do|
|13||우리||We, our, us|
|14||이||To do (auxiliary verb)|
|16||아니다||To not be|
|18||등||Back (body part)|
|19||때||The time, the moment|
|22||같다||When used by itself means "same". |
When 같다 is followed by something, it means "to look like" or "to be smiliar with"
|- audio files http://www.mediafire.com/?evp4a51yc53d5ch|
- excel http://www.mediafire.com/view/?40n1g9bj66sknfu
- anki (with audio) https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/3384671626
- anki (no audio) http://www.mediafire.com/?d27wkgz7cqfetyw
Some notes about the list:
- Most of the word only have one simple meaning (the most common meaning - the 1st meaning on naver dict)
- Some words have 2 meanings, because both meanings are quite common.
- Words that appear two/three times on the list will all have different meaning (the higher rank of the word on the list, the more common
meaning they get; no word is duplicated)
About the anki deck:
- Audio will be autoplay (on the front cards). You can change the way it
plays (on back cards/mute...) by changing the card templates
- Words that have same writing, same pronunciation will be merged in 1 card.
- Words that have same writing but different pronunciation will be in different cards
Ex: 452, 821, 881: 배 will be in 2 cards
배 [배] Abdomen, stomach, belly; Boat, ship, vessel [배]
배 [배ː] Multiples (two times, three times, etc) [배ː])
By: BAM! Korean tumblr
- Audio: ssoonkimi (native)
- Editor: stargoldfish (native)
- Sources: list, ezcorean, spreadsheet, naver dict
|Sources: (and how I did this file)|
+ List: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionary:Frequency_lists/Korean_5800
+ Simple meaning: http://ezcorean.com/ (base) (TOPIKGUIDE doesnt load for me, but I have seen some anki decks and memrise courses use the TPG list, and it seems TPG and ezcorean are the same (or really similar) list. And there're many mistakes and such.
+ Sort the words (a-z) so that the same words are next to each other.
+ Quick check on the list, correct oblivious mistakes, change the meaning of duplicated words (according to naver dict ranking)... -> first draft
+ Have a native Korean check on the list -> edit -> 2nd draft
+ Compare list with this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmNSiKPlnDtTdFE2WXd2UFo3OVRkSDdFcTZNdzNqQVE - a joint project from r/korean -> words that aren't matched (btw this list and my list) get check on naver dict -> 3rd draft
+ Format list, edit, sort words... -> final version
|23||주다||To give, to do for a person|
|24||대하다||Face, look at, see|
To treat (a person or situation) in a certain manner
|27||한||One, a single|
|31||때문||Reason for something (used as a negative. As in blaming something or someone for the situation that happened. )|
|33||위하다||To do for the sake of|
(to) Take (good) care for / of".
|34||그러나||However or but still|
|35||오다||Come, turn up, show up, visit|
|37||씨||Mr. Mrs. Ms. (honorific suffix for a person's name)|
|38||그렇다||That is right or yes.|
|39||크다||To be big, large|
|41||일||One day [일]|
|44||안||~ not ~ + VERB|
|45||좋다||To be good|
|52||그리고||And or and then|
|54||그런||Such, like, that kind[sort] of|
|56||저||I, my, me, mine, myself|
|57||못하다||Be impossible, can't do|
|59||모르다||To not know|
|62||데||Place, spot, location, site, area or part, aspect, feature|
|64||앞||In front of, before|
|65||경우||Occasion, situation, circumstance, scenario, case|
|66||중||The center, the middle|
|67||어떤||What kind of, what sort of|
|69||그녀||She (used only in writing)|
|70||먹다||Eat, chow down on|
|71||오다||Come (news, letter, contact)|
|72||자신||One’s own self, one\'s own body|
|74||원||A unit of south korean money, KRW|
|76||어떻다||How, what.. do you think of|
|78||통하다||Run, lead; flow; go through|
|79||그러다||And so, and then, well|
|80||소리||A sound, noise|
|83||이런||Such, like this|
|85||개||[개] - Unit or piece|
[개ː] - dog
|86||정도||Grade, degree (as in amount of something)|
|87||뒤||Back, the rear|
|88||듣다||To listen, to hear|
|91||들다||To enter, to come in|
|93||보이다||See, catch sight of|
|94||가지다||To have or take or hold|
|97||지나다||Pass, elapse, go on|
|98||많이||A lot, many|