|infodate||25th August 2011|
|Once again, the students at Dr Challoner’s excelled at GCSE.|
* 100% of the year group of 183 boys achieved at least 5 A\*-C grades
including English and Maths.
* The pass rate was 99.8%.
* 80% of the grades awarded this year were A\*s or As, the highest ever
* 96% of the entries were awarded A\*s, As and Bs, and 92% of candidates
achieved 5 or more A\* to A grades.
* 45% of the entries were awarded an A\* grade and 142 of the 183
students obtained 7 A grades or better.
* 50 students obtained a “clean sweep” of A and/or A\* grades in all
their full GCSE subjects.
* Six students obtained a remarkable twelve A\* grades.
David Allan of Chalfont St Peter, Conor Bradley of Seer Green, Matthew
Haines of Amersham, Cameron Holloway of Chesham, Jack Lisle of Chalfont
St Peter and Andrew Wheeler of Ashley Green.
* A further 12 boys achieved 11 A\* grades.
* 89% of the students would qualify for an EBacc (English
Dr Fenton remarked on the tremendous hard work put in by the students
which has yielded excellent results for them this year – the best ever.
The combination of their own efforts, the expertise and encouragement of
their teachers and the support of their families has achieved these
superb GCSE results which should give them all real confidence in
tackling the next stage of their education. After all the bad press
which Britain’s young people have received this summer, it is great to
be able to pay tribute to the extremely positive story of the vast
majority. We should all be proud of them.