JAKUBANY GREEK CATHOLIC CHURCH BAPTISM RECORDS
BIRTHS/BAPTISMS Oct 31, 1895 - Year end 2004 Sorted primarily by Surname (Father and Mother) and Birth Year of Child
but only birthdates through 1946 shown
Notes - In these records as well, there are some illegitimate children that have notes in the observation column: Per sub-
sequentus matrimonium legitmus (PSML) of 'husb' giving the husband's name which seems to indicate the
father of the child as well. No research has been done to determine whether the illegitimate child's last name
was that of the mother or father in the marriage records.
- The man's or woman's name in parenthesis following a mother's name is her parent's name (s) usually shown when
her child is illegitimate.
- Question marks denote hard to read names/dates, guesses at partial or illegible names/dates.
- There are several entries where the locale (house # field) is given as a U.S. city, state or "America".
I am given to believe that the baptism and birth took place in the U.S. location and that the US church priest
sent the info to the Jakubany church priest who recorded the info. Perhaps this is why several records are
recorded out of date sequence.
- Often, the mother's first name Marianna is written as Maria in other baptism records for other children.
- House number column is all Jakubany unless otherwise given. References to Uj-Lublo is shortened to Lublo.
I believe that all baptisms in these records were done in the Jakubany church. If house column is other than Jak.,
perhaps this is where parents were from or where child was born. Children were born at home in Jakubany until . . .
sometime in the 1960's, when births of children no longer happened at home in Jakubany. They
happened in a hospital in Kamienka until the hospital in Stara Lubovna (6 km north) was completed.
- Many times in the records, the symbol used for death was a cross sign that looked like + over the child's name,
but not always was there a death date shown in the observation column. Oft times a chld was baptized after death
& the birth date = the bapt date and no godparents (no g.p.) names were listed.
- From mid 1919 thru 1951 (partial), the baptism records are recorded in russian. Some surnames when translated to english
seem to be misspelled due to errors by the recordkeeper or inadequate russian alphabet to properly represent
the applicable letter(s). For example, the russian letter for 'g' and 'h' is the same; the letter for 'ja'/'ya' is the same,
so in new names, I will not always know which is the actual english letter(s) to use. So for names translated from
latin/russian, where I don't know if the translation is correct, I will use (SP) to designate the surname and (sp) to
designate the first name or a question mark if there is not room or for a date. If I am not sure if the Surname starts
with a G or H, I will spell the name as G[H] ...
- There are several names (Guzlej, Haladej, Rejda) wherein the 'j' was written in russian as the english 'y' equivalent.
- Beginning with 1919-1968 russian records, wedding dates were also noted in the Observation column of some children.
- There are some short pages with a few births in latin in some years that may be a double entry with # symbol in record column.
- Dates in the Death Date/Other column are death dates, (sometimes preceded with + or 'd.') unless otherwise noted.
- There are some surnames, first names & birthdates of parents where 2 records spell/show it differently. Rather than
correct it, we will leave as is since we are merely transcribing the records and in some cases, we don't know which is correct.
- Beginning in May 1961, some illegitimate child births listed the natural father in the observation column as 'prirodny otec'.
So the natural father's name has been added to the father's column after the hyphens '-------' ; no mention if he married the mother.
- I decided that due to privacy concerns, I won't list the birth dates after 1946 in column B to give 70 years of privacy. Still, with the
marriage records, you can figure out who the children are.
F=firstborn if noted; I =illegitimate
|Child's Name||F/I||FATHER||MOTHER||House#||(if noted)|
|2||19320101||Anna||(too light-can't read)||(too light-can't read)||Jak --|
|*59||Anna||No father shown on rec.||No mother shown on rec.||---||m:11-29-1992-VladislavZales|
|19||Elena||I||----||ABRAHAMOVSKA, Zuzanna (J*||204||*oann&Zuzanna Guzlej|
|34||19300416||Katarina||I||----||BAKOS bn Gulyasi, Katarina|
|38||19270719||Anna||I||----||BAKOS bn Gulyasi, Katarina *||343||*(Stefan & Anna Vasily)|
|61||David Balaz*||I||STUCKA, Jaroslav bn 1-8-1982 in SL|
BALAZ, Dasa bn 7-30-1982 in SL
birth in SL; bapt in Jak *Balaz is the correct last name since the parents aren't married.
|29||Jaroslav (m)||I||----||BANDY, Klara (b:11-26-1984)||Jak|
|50||Robert illeg||I||---- otec neuvedeny||BANDY, Lucia bn 1-4-1987 in SL||534||birth in SL; bapt in Jak|
|18||Simona (fem)||I||----||BANDY, Nada (b:1-24-1980)||534|
|8||19430209||Milan (male)||I||----||BESKID, Anna||472|
|48||19280808||Nikolaus||I||----||BESKID, Anna (Josif & Katarina*||389||* Vorobely)|
|71||18990925||Anna +||I||---- *nna Pribyss)||BESKID, Anna (Michael & Julia*||234||11-8-n/a|
|62||19411122||Elena||I||----||BESKID, Anna (Stefan Beskid)||485|
|18||19000217||Catharina||I||---- *Catharina Kuzma)||BESKID, Catharina (Damiani & *|
|51||19050826||Stephan||I||----||BESKID, Eva (Joannis)||398|
----(Macsuga, Mikhail) PSML? 2-24-1922
|BESKID, Eva (Joseph B. & Eva*||120||*Krivonyak)|
|25||19151223||Zuzana||(none given), Andreas||BESZKID, Anna||245|
BILOVODSKA, Anna (bn Csopjak)
|24||19310302||Eva||I||----||BILOVODSKI, Anna (bn Csopjak)||202|
|11||19320128||Joann||I||----||BILOVODSKI, Anna (bn Csopjak)||202|
|72||19281027||Maria||I||----||BILOVODSKY bn Csopjak, Anna||202|
|14||18970130||Susanna||I||----||BJEGALA, Susanna (Joseph)||424|
|52||Stefan||I||----||BLASOVSKA, Maria (Stefan &*||104||*Anna Vataha?)|
|71||19031005||Nicolaus||I||---- *widow of Joannis Blaz.in USA|
Blazsovszky born Michnya, Catharina* 375
|16||19380208||Vasili||I||----||BONDRA, Eva (Andrej Bondra-d)||448|
|81||19361110||Vasil||I||---- *Zuzanna Stuczka)||BONDRA, Katarina (Joann & *||440||d. 7-24-1937|
BONDRA, Maria (wid of Andreas*
|13||19000128||Stephan||I||----||BONDRA, Marianna (Joannis)||402|
|31||19210610||Anna||I||----||BOSKO, Julianna (SP)||child not marked illegit.|
|71||19281027||Anna||I||----||BREZNYAK, Maria (Joann. & *||196||*Anna Duda)|
---- *Catharina Zajancskovszky)
BUCSKO, Catharina (Stephan &*
CERVENABRADA, Anna (gypsy) (illeg dau of Maria C.)
|82||19381112||Elena||I||----||CHUDIK, Katarina (Josif & Katar*||354||*ina Vasily)|
|42||Darina(fem.)||I||--- DUNKA, Josif||CSERVENYAK, Emilya||403|
|6||19430122||Elena||I||----||CSOMA, Anna||315||d. 9-25-1944|
|15||Iveta (fem.)||I||----||CSONKA, Magdalena||399|
|12||Magdalena||---- ORACSKO, Anton||CSONKA, Magdalena||Jak|
|44||Ivan (Joannes)||I||----||CSONKA, Maria||419|
|4||Magdalena||I||----||CSONKOVA, Matilya (Verony)||399|