|ARCTIC Of London|
Official No. 108277, b. 1897 at Greenwich by J. Rennie for Harry Keep of London. 68 Reg Tons, Dims: 78.6 X 19.1 X 4.8ft. topsail barge of steel construction. Sold by Keep to London and Rochester Barge Company. She was converted in 1907, using a Dann engine, to the first full power barge on the Thames and Medway. She was almost completely derigged except for a small mizzen sail to comply with the then current Board of Trade regulations. In 1913 the sails were removed and the Dann engine was replaced with an unknown 76 h.p. unit Worked as a motor barge from 1908 to 1963 before being converted to a house barge, moored at Allington. Moored at Fulham 1988 to 2001. Refurbished 2008/9 at Brentford & moved to Bembridge I.O.W.
|CELTIC Of London|
Official No. 118314 b.1903 at Papendrecht, Holland by J.Kievets & Van Reede for E.J. & W Goldsmith of Grays, 120 Reg Tons, Dims: 90.0 X 23.2 X 9.0 ft. Steel Connstruction, spritsail rigged, Other owners include Ministry of Transport (1941), Vectis Shipping, Archie Sheaf of Newport I.O.W. and L. George. Motor barge conversion 1941. Last used as a workshop at Dolphin Yard Museum, still there 2010 almost derelict.
|ENA Of Ipswich STAYSAIL Class ('Bob' - White cross on red ground. White cross in topsail)|
Official No. 122974, 73 ton. Built of wood at Harwich in 1906 by W.B.McLearon, 88.2 x 20.6 x 6.9, auxiliary Ruston 80 engine installed she was reregistered as a motorbarge in 1949. Rerigged by her only owners then R & W Paul Ltd in 1973 for their Social Club.; recognizable by her mulie rig and the white X in her topsail. Sold 2000 to Luke Deards of Hoo. Major refit 2001-
|ETHEL MAUD Of Maldon STAYSAIL Class|
Official No. 96483, 45 ton. Built of wood at Maldon in 1889 by Howard. Owners, John Parker of Bradwell. Sold c.1910 to James Keeble; used as a motorbarge by Green Brothers '51 Lost topmast 1959 but carried fore and mains'l until 1963 when laid up. Rerigged as a residential yacht by B.Metherill at Hoo. latterly owned by David Maude, Michael McInnerley,moved to Dolphin Yard, 1997, 2001 sold for restoration to Garry Diddams, 2004 at Shoregate on the Medway. Continuing 2010.
|FELIX Of Ipswich STAYSAIL Class|
Official No. 97686, 68 ton. Built of wood at Harwich in 1893 by Cann 82.3 x 19.8 x 6.8. Owned by Robert Smith, sold 1930 to Cranfield Bros. Became a motorbarge in 1954 in ownership of Lapthorn & Co. of Hoo. Sold out of trade in 1972 and rerigged by Patrick Law. Owned from1976 by Sarah Roberts, then Kevin Symonds at St.Katharines and sold 1998 to Robert Deards. At Hoo for refitting 2004. Moved to Hoo Saltings 2008.
|GEORGE SMEED Of Rochester|
Official No. 84430, 59 ton. Built of wood at Murston in 1882 by Smeed Dean & Co.Ltd for their own use passing to A.P.C.M., Francis & Gilders and Browns for lighterage. Rebuilt 1922 at 64 ton, later housebarge at Heybridge. rebuilt Maldon and awaiting rerigging by owner Ken Greenhalgh. Continuing 2009.
|GLENWAY Of Rochester|
Official No. 127260, 82 ton. Built of wood at Rochester in 1913 by Little. Owned by John Wilks of Deal, later Samuel West,. Crossley engine installed in 1975. Houseboat at Otterham, rerigged at Ipswich by Steve Barry but abandoned at Maldon, Recovered by G.Reeve and sold to Hugh Poore 1988 who undertook her rebuilding at Dolphin Yard, Sittingbourne. Sold to Topsail Charters of Maldon 2002 . Barge hull sold 2007 to David Fennell for complete rebuild. Continuing 2010 at Maylandsea.
IRONSIDES Of London STAYSAIL Class ('Bob' - Swallowtail with 'tower' emblem on blue ground)
Official No. 112710, 78 ton. Built of dutch iron at West Thurrock in 1900 by Clarke & Stanfield 85 x 20.3 x 6.4. Owned by A.P.C.M. and sold to L.R.T.C. in 1928 she was converted as motorbarge in 1938 and traded to northern France. Sold to Alan Reekie 1968 to rerig at Brentford she became a successful racing and charterbarge. Now owned by Mark Tower, based at Maldon / St Katherines. undergoing refit at Standard Quay Faversham from 2003.
|PORTLIGHT Of Harwich BOWSPRIT Class|
Official No. 145405, 68 ton. Built of steel at Mistley in 1925 by Horlock. Converted to motorbarge by Greenhithe Lighterage but rerigged by Lawrie Tester as bowsprit barge based at Hollowshore near Faversham, sold end 2001 to Landbreach Ltd of Maldon for major refit. Continuing 2009.
|SEAGULL II Of London STAYSAIL Class|
Official No. 161348. Built of wood, 43.2 x 13.1 x 4.8., at Rochester in 1901 by Gill for the War Department Owned by G. Winfield as a yacht before becoming an architectural feature on Free Trade Wharf Wapping 1988. Sold 1999 for restoration at Gillingham by Neil Pemble. Continuing 2010.
|SCONE Of Rochester|
Official No. 127269. Built of wood, at Rochester in 1919 by Gill for L.R.T.Co. Unrigged 09/1957. 1977 bought by Steve Mallet and re rigged. 1990's Converted to a restaurant in West India Dock for David Ireland. Sunk in 2000, raised and moved to Barking Creek. 2004 owned by J.C. Royer. Sold 07/2004 & Laid up Benfleet Creek.
|SCOTSMAN Of London|
Official No. 110106. Built of wood at Sittingbourne by Wills & Packham in 1899. Owned by Rita Bowran as a houseboat at Stargate Marina, Hoo. 2007 hulked Hoo Saltings.
|TOLLESBURY Of Ipswich STAYSAIL Class|
Official No. 110315. 70 ton. Built of wood at Sandwich in 1901 by H.Felton, 84.2 x 20.4 x 6.6. Owners, Fisher, bought by R & W Paul Ltd 1912. Motorbarge '50. sold as a yacht by '65 and housebarge at Pin Mill '78. Rebuilt Ipswich Dockend 1992 , moved to London, Owned by David Paling as a Bar Millwall Dock. For sale 2004. Sunk at her berth Sept 2005, raised laid up Fresh Wharf Estate, Barking Creek 2010.
|VIGILANT Of Harwich STAYSAIL Class|
Official No. 116176, 73 ton. Built of wood at Ipswich in 1904 by Orvis & Fuller. Owned by Alfred Horlock and converted to a yacht in 1932. Sold back into trade and converted to motor barge by Whiting Bros. Passed to L.R.T.C. Owned by Dawes, Thomas and Martin. as private barge yacht until sold to Ms. Lynn Johnson & Graham Head late 1997 and now based at Woodbridge, Suffolk. moved to St Osyth 2004. Sold and moved to Topsham Devon 2012.
|VIOLET Of Maldon|
Offical No. 96482. 45 tons. Built of wood at Maldon by Howard in 1899. Owned by Robert Boakes based at Brambletree Wharf, by the New Medway Bridge. (Located in a steel lighter 2010).
|WESTMORELAND Of London|
Offical No. 112733, 43 ton. Built Conyer 1900 by White, 79 x 17.1 x 5. for Eastwood Ltd, the brickmakers who donated her to the Thames Barge Sailing Club in 1963. Wrecked at Hoo 1973 she was acquired by Colin Frake. Rebuilding at Faversham. Continuing 2010.
|WILFRED Of London|
Offical No. 149696. 98 tons. Built of steel at East Greenwich by Piper in 1926. Converted to a wine bar 1984. Sailing gear removed 1993. Now a static night club at Victoria Embankment, near Waterloo Bridge.