|You Only Live Keto Meal Planning Tool v 1.0 (Updated July 2019)|
To just browse the database for recipes, visit the Recipes tab. You should be able to filter/sort without needing your own copy!
To use the rest of the tool, please click "File > Make a Copy" This will create a version you can edit on your personal Google Drive. If you don't have Google Drive, you can also download the file; however, some features do not work the same in Excel or other spreadsheet software.
Using the tool:
1. Start on the Recipes tab. This is where you can see all the possible options in one place and can sort them any way you'd like to find exactly what you're looking for. Cells marked in red are missing data (it wasn't available on the website).
2. Once you're ready to start making a meal plan, go to the Menu tab. This is set up for a 7-day week with spots for 3 meals + sides and snacks. Any items added to the Menu has their nutrition calculated below the meal and outputs a total for the whole day.
Tips on Serving Size: Consider the serving sizes when spreading your Recipes out. If something is 6 servings, and you're feeding two people, you can place this recipe over 3 days. If you are only serving 1 person, this recipe can be copied across 6 days. You can also account for eating 2 servings of something by including it on both rows in a single meal's dropdowns (for example, if something is 4 servings, and you're feeding 1 person, you might add it to lunch twice over the course of two days - this will double the nutrition count for that entry). If you need more spots for a meal, contact us over email, Facebook, or Instagram, and we'll be happy to help you add it.
Reset a day: You will need to set all the entries back to "None: No meal selected (0)" - a blank cell will calculate as #N/A.
Setting macros: You will need to set up custom condtional formatting for your macro goals (calorie, fat, protein, net carb). By default, the following colour codes are used:
- Net Carbs: Green (<20), Yellow (21-25), Red (>25)
- Calories: Green (1200-1800), Red (<1200 and >1800)
- Protein: Green (<90), Yellow (91-115), Red (>115)
- Fat: Green (70-125), Red (<70 and >125)
3. Once you've picked your meals for the week, visit the Shopping List tab to see what you'll need to buy to make your selected recipes.
Note: The shopping list will only account for one use of a Recipe on the Menu. For example, if you need to double a recipe and include it twice on the Menu, it won't double the ingredients on the Shopping List. This is a feature I'd like to be able to add in the future, but I'm still working out the formulas for this.
4. The Ingredients and Totals tabs are used if you'd like to add your own recipes. For each recipe you add to the Recipes tab, you will need to add its ingredients to the Ingredients tab. This should auto-update the Totals tab, which is used to generate the Shopping List. If you're not interested in adding your own recipes, these two tabs can simply be left alone.
And that's everything! If you need help with the sheet, use the support email on the right. We hope this helps you on your keto journey!