|Project / Task||Project Plan Complete Date||Project Start Date||Measure of Success||Progress||Strat Obj/KPI||Colour||Staff Support|
|Building Schools Community|
To increase participation in the Union from first years and commuting students across different Schools
To increase participation of 'hard to reach' students (commuters, international students, students who don't drink, postgraduate students)
Setting up a number of different accesible events for all students to get involved
|31st August||16th November||- Each event is evaulated, with demographic attendance recorded. Feedback is 80% positive.|
- At least 1 improvement is recomended for future events (per event).
- 8 out of 14 Schools encourage their students to take part
- Increase in nominations from these groups in the elections
|- Sports activities are planned under Campus Games|
- Promoted across the Uni and on the website
- First event took place on the 17th if November
- Rest of events planned - https://www.qmsu.org/campusgames/
Make more students aware of our democratic structures and how decsions are made within the Union
Create an online booklet which shows how policy is passed and what structures they must go through in order to pass
|1st of October||Booklet Launch for 2nd council |
Council Review and recomendations - April
|- An online booklet is created which shows how policy is passed and what structures they must go through in order to pass|
- A review of how our democratic systems could be more representative takes place, with recomendations made.
- A representative sample or current councilors are consulted
- A plan is drafted on how to implement the recomendations
- Increased attendance of non-councillors for the meetings
- Increase in the number of motions submitted to Student Council by non-councillors
- Increase in the number of motions submitted to AMM from non-Council members
| Guide is designed and on QMSU Website|
University Director of Comms and Director of Student Services are promoting through thier channels as well
Brad & Ruhena
For the Union to have strong links and voice within the Tower Hamlets community
Increase opportunties for local low income students to join QMUL
|Mid October||29th October (If Summit takes place on campus)||- To work with the University (WP & ERS) to develop and deliver UCAS sessions, to help communiacate asipirational journey to low income students|
- A method of feeding/inputting to the council is developed
- Union are able to lobby the council on one issue
- Relationship established with Youth Mayor
- Youth Mayor supports Union on one campign/issue
|- Meeting with Widening Participation on how to feed into their strategic plan and priorities |
- Have discussed with Engagement Retention & Success who will be sending data on how disadvataged students are postively affected by WP
For each school to have a personal tutor for international students that understands their needs.
For tutition fees to be fixed.
|November||January||- International personal tutor expereince is researched|
- University is lobbied to implement.
- A campaign is created with reps on international fees
- campaing is delivered against objectives (update measures once objectives are defined)
|- mapped out different international campus adn spoken to them about student representation|
- Speaking the Principle about international tuition fees
For the University to have a more diverse counselling service
|- To conduct a mental health survey that enquires on the expereince of BAME students|
- To analyse the benefits and Impact of the Cambridge BAME counsellings service
- To lobby the University to hire more BAME counsellors.
|- Spoke to Director of Student Services about apprentiships for psychology students||25||Kate|
|Asian Heritage Month|
To celebrate and promote the cultural idenity of our Asian students
|TBC - Dependant on when it takes place.||TBC||- Welfare rep is supported in planning event|
- To gather feedback from societies on how the event should look
- AHM is run in colloboration with student groups and officers.
|- Have planned out Events with Welfare Rep||25|
To find the big 3 priorities students care about, and get them invovled in working on them.
To increase student voice
|Early September||Welcome Talks/ September||- Action plan created|
- Draft plans in place
- Priorities are promoted
- Each priority has a number of students involved in delivering.
|- artwork created|
- Events and collecting feedback will take place between 12th-23rd November
This work has been paused as may form part of a larger research project
|Liberation Fund |
To facilatie the liberation fund that student groups will bid into to run events or activites.
|Sept||October||- Framework is created and agreed|
- At least 2 events/actitives take place