Celiac Disease Foundation Internship Application
Since its inception in 1990, Celiac Disease Foundation has been at the forefront of celiac disease education, awareness, advocacy, and support services. Today, guided by its distinguished Medical Advisory Board, and supported by Chapters and Connections throughout the United States, CDF is meeting the growing public health challenge of increased diagnosis of celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity. With a range of vital programs and services for the public, patients, healthcare professionals and the food industries, CDF remains dedicated to improving the quality of life for those diagnosed, those yet to be diagnosed, and their families.
CDF Interns are integral members of the CDF National Office, and quickly become fully immersed in the non-profit celiac and gluten-free world. Interns work closely with directors of Operations, Development, Communications, and Outreach. The internship is a valuable experience for any student wishing to learn more about non-profit organizations, public health, PR and marketing, or disease/cause-related organizations.
• Gain hands-on experience that has a direct impact on the celiac and gluten-sensitive community
• Attend meetings with CDF Executive Staff and CDF Board of Directors to observe leadership and planning
• Manage the CDF Young and Gluten-Free™ movement through social media
• Own at least one individual or group project and present
• Course credit at your enrolled University, if you so choose
• Age 18 years or older
• Full-time (40 hours per week) commitment during the Summer program
• Part-time (20 hours per week) commitment during Fall and Spring programs
• Confidentiality agreement
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Computer literate with PC, Windows, Microsoft Office
Desirable attributes (not required):
• Marketing, advertising, or public relations experience
• Graphic design, video editing, creative skills
• Bilingual / multilingual
• Demonstrated leadership experience
Location: Woodland Hills, California Office hours: Monday-Friday 9am-6pm
Dates: (some adjustments may be accomodated for individual schedules)
Winter 2013: January 3-18 (40 hours minimum) Applications accepted through December 21, 2012
Spring 2013: January 21 – April 26 (13 weeks) Application due date extended: January 18, 2013
Summer 2013: June 1 - July 30 or June 24 – August 16 (8 weeks) Applications due: June 1, 2013
Fall 2013: September 2 - December 20 (12 weeks) Applications due: August 1, 2013
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for an Internship without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, or any other protected status. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Celiac Disease Foundation offers equal opportunity and treatment to all who apply and is committed to diversity. Applicants need not have any personal experience with celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, or the gluten-free diet.
*Note that the CDF National Office kitchen is a gluten-free facility and that gluten-containing foods must be stored and prepared without the possibility of cross-contaminating the kitchen.
You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application within 2 business days of submission. Qualified applicants will be contacted via phone or email.