Philanthropic Fundraising Event Request Form

Many campus groups are eager to do fundraising events for their group or for philanthropic purposes. As a way of strengthening the fundraisers that take place on campus for both the organizations that they are intended to help and the campus community, campus groups must plan their fundraising in advance. They also must submit this Fundraising Drive Request Form to the Community Involvement and Volunteerism Center (the CIViC) for approval. It is critical that campus groups have made contact with an organization or community in need and are trying to help the organization in both the short and long term. Thus, the CIViC is looking for groups who have planned their fundraising event well in advance, have thought about the issue, have set up advocacy and education events around the issue, have volunteered their own time to the cause, who have a strong advertising plan for the drive and who have communicated with the organization that the funds are going to. It is required that at least 75% of all funds collected go to the designated beneficiary. The remaining 25% (or less) can go to materials needed for the fundraiser, prizes, events corresponding with the fundraiser and so forth. If you believe your group has special circumstances in which a higher fundraising goal can be met with a different ratio of profits, please make a special request by e-mail to the_civic@umd.umich.edu. While the CIViC is extremely supportive of donations, we also believe that as university community members we must do more. We encourage you to think about how your group can go one step further and educate our university community or make them aware of the issue at hand. How is your group addressing the issue in the long term? Please type out your answers and click "submit." E-mail the CIViC with any questions: the_civic@umd.umich.edu
* Required

Your Organization's Contact






Event Information














Advertising

The CIViC requires the fundraising event advertisement be e-mailed to the CIViC (the_civic@umd.umich.edu) three weeks prior to the event for edits, and distributed widely around campus two weeks before the event. If approved, the CIViC will help your group with list-serv announcements to faculty and staff, the CIViC’s list-serv and with website and facebook advertising.

Important:

You will be notified by email when the CIViC receives your submission. You will be asked to meet briefly with Lauren Hayes at the CIViC within a week of submission before your event can be approved.

Never submit passwords through Google Forms.