The UCONSA Scholarship was established in 2012 by a generous gift from student organizers who attended the UIC College of Nursing. This award is for undergraduate nursing and pre-nursing students who have embraced the goals and values of UCONSA and actively demonstrate the mission of the UCONSA organization. Awardees are also in good standing in their program of study at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Two $100 scholarships will be awarded for the 2012-2013 academic year. Selection criteria include:
1. Academic record (GPA) (unofficial transcripts are accepted);
2. Personal statement on how you demonstrate leadership on the UIC campus and/or in addressing issues around minority health (limit one page)
**may include your efforts to recruit/mentor minority students for successful academic/professional nursing career, as well as your vision for your future role in addressing disparities or promoting health equity
3. Completed application (below)
Eligibility and Application Deadline
• Students currently enrolled in the UIC BSN program, who have not received this scholarship
• Applications must be received on or before Friday August 3, 2012 to be considered.
• All application materials must be submitted electronically to Qiana Wooodson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For further information, please contact Qiana Wooodson (email@example.com).
Recipients will be notified of awards by August 15, 2012.