The Center for Global Initiatives (CGI) and UNC Study Abroad are pleased to announce a collaborative call for entries to the 12th Annual Carolina Global Photography Competition. This is an amateur photography competition that is open to all students, faculty, alumni and staff of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
1. Entry Period: April 29, 2013 through September 30, 2013. Entries must be the original work of the entrant, and must be created exclusively by the entrant.
2. Photo specs
Both old and new photos will be accepted. There is NO submission restriction for the time period when the photo was taken. Photos that have been altered are also eligible (ie-altered with Photoshop, Lightroom, etc). We recommend submitting your photo in jpeg format, 300 dpi, 4inx6in. Winners of the contest will be asked to submit higher resolution photographs for prints and publications.
3. Judging Criteria: Entries will be judged on whether the image and caption description:
1) conveys knowledge
2) explores the under-represented in traditional media
3) demonstrates artistic merit.
Grand Prize: TBA
Second Place: TBA
Third Place: TBA
Winners will be notified by email.
5. Exhibit: Winning entries and selected photos will be exhibited in the UNC Fedex Global Education Center January through February 2013. Winning submissions may also be published in the Center for Global Initiatives 2014 Calendar.
6. Please review these guidelines for taking culturally sensitive photos http://www.culturosity.com/pdfs/CulturallySensitivePhotography.pdf
7. Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please name your files using your last name and the numeric order of your submission. Examples: kutchma1.jpeg; kutchma2.jpeg; kutchma3.jpg.