Enrollment form for University of Advocacy Webinar Series - Art of Advocacy: Feb 5- Mar 12 (note date changes)
Sign up here for the University of Advocacy's second course on the Art of Advocacy. This is a webinar training program (both audio and video via the Internet). There will be five classes which will be archived so you do not have to watch live. The classes begin on Tuesday, February 5th and run Tuesdays through March 12th, 2013, with February 12 skipped for State of Union address. The sessions are from 8 pm to 9 pm EST. The sessions are:
• February 5 – Models of Advocacy – what are the range of activities
• February 12 – State of the Union address, so "How to organize a group to organize – what are the communications, training and other supports" has been moved to Feb 19
• February 19 - How to organize a group to organize – what are the communications, training and other supports
• February 26– How to build and work with coalitions – what are the “rules” of cooperation
• March 5– How do I negotiate – figuring out what you want and how to get it
• March 12 – Review – What are the important points?