NOAA Climate Stewards Education Project Application - Class of 2014
The NOAA Climate Stewards Education Project (CSEP) provides formal and informal educators working with elementary through university age students with sustained professional development, collaborative tools, and support to build a climate-literate public that is actively engaged in climate stewardship.
If you decide to join this effort, you will be committing to:
● Complete and reflect on at least 15 hours of professional development (PD) training in climate science and education in 2014.
● Complete and reflect on at least 9 hours of PD training for each additional year you remain with the Project.
● Fully Participate in monthly CSEP Web seminars and regional events (teleconferences, online chats, etc.) during evening hours. National level events occur on the first and last Monday evenings of every month.
● Develop and Implement a climate stewardship project focused on mitigating the effects of climate change.
● Use the CSEP Wiki to post your PD reflections, classroom activities in climate change, stewardship project plans and progress updates, as well as share resources, comments, and results with other CSEP educators.
● Fully participate in CSEP evaluation efforts i.e. online surveys, reflections on PD development, curriculum infusion, etc.
Educators meeting the above requirements, and completing at least 15 hours of professional development, will be eligible for:
● Mini-grant funding to develop and implement a climate stewardship action plan.
● Travel stipends to attend and present at key professional development conferences
● Special professional development opportunities
● Special CSEP contests with monetary and educational resource prizes
The final deadline to submit an application is Friday, December 13, 2013. Applications submitted beyond this date will not be considered.
Educators accepted into the program will be notified by the last week of December, 2013. The first national level webinar is scheduled for Monday, January 6, 2014 at 7:30 PM Eastern Time.