Corporate Equality Award Nomination and Selection Process
The HRC Greater Cincinnati Corporate Equality Award honors one company per year for its outstanding efforts in promoting equality for LGBT people in the workplace and in the Greater Cincinnati Community.
Companies with a local presence and more than 50 employees are notified of the HRC Greater Cincinnati Corporate Equality Award. Nominations will be accepted through December 14. Award information and criteria will be posted on the HRC website and will be distributed through publications as widely as possible.
The application for the award collects information that will help in the award selection process:
• Name and contact information of person completing the application.
• Name and address of company being nominated.
• Score the company earned this year and last year on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index.
NOTE: If company has not been rated on HRC’s CEI, the following questions are posed:
• Does the company’s non-discrimination policy and diversity training include sexual orientation?
• Does the company’s non-discrimination policy and diversity training include gender identity or expression?
• Does the company offer partner benefits?
• Does the company have an LGBT employee resource group? If not is the company open to having such a group if employees expressed interest?
• Does the company positively engage the external LGBT community?
• Does the company exhibit responsible behavior toward the LGBT community and avoid action that would undermine LGBT equality?
• Recent changes made to LGBT policies
• LGBT events in the community that have been sponsored or promoted by the company being nominated.
• What distinguishes the nominated company from other companies in terms of LGBT events.
• What the company does to encourage an LGBT-friendly climate (above and beyond policy).
The applications are reviewed by the Corporate Equality Committee by mid-November and the nominations are narrowed to 3-5 official nominees based upon the above application criteria.
The 3-5 official nominees, and their accompanying applications, are presented to the HRC Greater Cincinnati Steering Committee for vote at the December meeting.
The nominated company with the most votes will be honored with this year’s Corporate Equality award (following approval by the Greater Cincinnati HRC Board of Governors). The award recipient will be notified by the first of January, and will be formally recognized at HRC Greater Cincinnati’s Annual Gala in February.
HRC Greater Cincinnati Corporate Equality Award Nomination Form
The HRC Greater Cincinnati Steering Committee honors one company per year for its outstanding efforts in promoting equality for LGBT people in the workplace and in the Greater Cincinnati community with the HRC Greater Cincinnati Corporate Equality Award.