HuffPost Job Application: Social Community Editor, Entertainment & Celebrity
The Huffington Post is looking for a Social Community Editor to encourage community growth both on our social and commenting platforms of our Entertainment and Celebrity verticals. We're looking for an experienced editor with a thirst for engagement in these communities, and who knows how to maintain ongoing communications with a news-consuming audience. This person will be a go-to for social promotion of content created by these verticals, as well someone who aims to help editors leverage social tools to create content. Experience working with developers and designers is a plus.
The Huffington Post is the world's largest online newspaper and has one of the most engaged and active communities on the Internet with millions of fans and followers on social networks and approximately 6 million comments on site every month. We believe in social and community at our core and look to constantly innovate and lead in both strategy and tools. Our platform is one of the best in the industry, allowing our Community Managers to thrive creatively with the tools at hand and innovate when necessary.
- 2-3 years experience in social media and community management.
- A demonstrated ability to engage communities across platforms.
- Experience working in an active, fast-paced media environment.
- Ability to identify editorial opportunities based on events in the social media sphere.
- Demonstrated editorial abilities, and solid sense news judgment.
1. Oversee best practices of social media accounts including, but never limited to:
- Posting copy and correct links.
- Teaching Editors best uses, tricks and tools.
- Clean-up and account maintenance.
- Monitoring of follower/fan numbers and insights.
- Twitter chats and Facebook page takeovers.
- Replies, engagement and hashtags.
2. Keep up with social and community teams to ensure best practices of all tools and networks and be a knowledge base for editors.
3. Manage on-site engagement including, but not limited to:
- Working with mods to watch high-alert posts.
- Responding to comments.
- Keeping an eye on influencers and engaging comment threads.
4. Be the bridge between editors and social team by keeping abreast of changes in the social sphere and making sure the best representations of the verticals appear on social accounts.
5. Manage and create editorial content that taps into audience base and encourages them to react both on-site and off.
6. Help to identify vertical-specific opportunities for product development.
7. Develop and maintain partnerships across social platforms.
AOL, including The Huffington Post, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
CLICK CONTINUE TO APPLY