Institute for Academic Success Advisor Application
Please complete and submit the following application in order to be considered for an advisor position with the Institute for Academic Success. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Applicants must be able to interact effectively with people of diverse ages, racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
• Be in good academic and judicial standing
• Completed 64 credits or more by August 2012 or is a previous participant of the IAS program
• Able to work in a 24/7 environment for 4 weeks, August 1 – August 24, 2012
• Attend mandatory orientation and training sessions, July 30-31, 2012
• Have a high level of maturity. Self disciplined and able to work on a team.
• Have a valid driver’s license and certified to drive the University van
Preference will be given to students who:
• Have a history of involvement in the Hamline co-curricular community
• Experience with small group facilitation
• Experience with the program/activity development
• Have the ability to mentor students in math and writing
• Experience with on-campus living