* Only small, naturally caged (aquarium sized container 10-15 gallons), non-dangerous pets are allowed in college housing. "Small" is defined as less than two pounds in weight.
* Animals are not allowed to roam freely in public areas and all pets must be kept on the owner's room. All pets must be contained within a cage or tank that prohibits their free movement in the room.
* The owner will be held accountable for the animal's presence in the community and any damages caused by the animal.
* Roommates/suitemates must consent to the presence of a pet.
* All pets must have their current shots and vaccinations, and not pose any health risk.
* Any strong or unpleasant odor resulting from the pet is not acceptable.
* Residence Hall Directors have the authority to require the removal of pets if a problem occurs.
* Pets that are acceptable are: fish, gerbils, hamsters, hedgehogs, and small lizards (i.e. salamanders, chameleons).
* Pets that are not acceptable include but are not limited to: birds, cats, dogs, ferrets, guinea pigs, mice, rabbits, rats, and snakes. These pets are unacceptable due to issues involving noise, size of pet, smell, danger, or considered a pest control problem.
* All pets must be registered with the Residential Life via the on-line Pet Registration Form.