RPI intro to open source weekend workshop sign-up, organized by OpenHatch
Want to contribute to open source projects, but not sure where to start or what tools to use? Come to our two-day, beginner-friendly workshop: on Saturday, you'll learn the basics, and on Sunday, we'll mentor you through your first open source contribution.
Dates: Sat Apr 21, 10-4:30 PM, and Sun Apr 22, 10-4:30 PM.
In this 2 day workshop we'll cover:
* what open source is: where it came from, what makes it important, and the many ways to contribute
* the life cycle of how a change gets made within open source
* using IRC to get help and talk to other project contributors
* how to create and submit a patch to a bug tracker for review
* how to check out code stored in a revision control system and apply patches to it
By the end of this workshop you will have hands-on experience with all of the common tools used to contribute to open source projects and will be ready to go out and contribute to your first project. We'll wrap up with resources to continue practicing and ways to find good projects and bugs for new contributors.
Space is limited, so you must RSVP for this event!
You can read more here: https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/RPI