Office of Undergraduate Research and Inquiry-Student Peer Mentor Program Application Information
The Peer Mentor Program is designed to help guide undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing research and inquiry, by providing student mentors. Each summer 10 undergraduate and graduate students will be selected to become Peer Mentors beginning in the fall semester of that same year. These students will be representatives of all disciplines, colleges and partner campuses.
1. Have at least a 3.0 GPA and in in good standing at the university
2. Have one semester of DIS or other documented research experiences completed before applying.
Responsibilities And Commitments Of Peer Mentors
include, but are not limited to the following:
• Commit to a one year agreement as a Peer Mentor (Summer through Summer)
• Commit to continue research in the following academic year
• Attend 75% of the meetings (two each month) to organize various events
• Mentor undergraduate students interested in engaging in research and inquiry
• Participate/Coordinate at least two OURI events each semester in collaboration with CSI and OURI
• Commit to active participation in the student club, Council for Scholarship and Inquiry (CSI)
• Serve as student representatives on a steering committee in support of the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP). Meetings are once per semester.
• Attend professional development workshops as needed
Timeline Of Application
• Deadline: May 30th, 2014
• Notification of Interview: June 6th
• Interviews: the week of June 9th-14th
• Notification of Acceptance: by June 20th
• Team Building Activity with all mentors: Beginning of July
• List of annual events (coming soon!)
The Application Deadline is the last Friday of May.
This application was adapted from UCF's Office of Undergraduate Research Peer Mentors 2013 application.