Office of Undergraduate Research and Inquiry-Student Peer Mentor Program Application
The Peer Mentor Program is designed to help guide undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing research and inquiry, by providing student mentors. Each summer 10 undergraduate and graduate students will be selected to become Peer Mentors beginning in the fall semester of that same year. These students will be representatives of all disciplines, colleges and partner campuses.
Peer Mentors serve as ambassadors for the Office of Undergraduate Research and Inquiry. These students are active researchers who assist their peers in getting involved in research and inquiry by mentoring, hosting workshops, and giving classroom presentations all to integrate and expand a culture of research, inquiry and creative activity on all of FAU’s campuses. Peer mentors work closely with the Council for Scholarship and Inquiry (CSI) to support this initiative. Peer mentors are selected each summer and are active mentors for one year.
1. Have at least a 3.0 GPA and in good standing at the university
2. Have one semester of DIS or other documented research experiences completed before applying.
3. Commit to a one year agreement as a Peer Mentor (Summer through Summer)
4. Commit to active participation in the student club, Council for Scholarship and Inquiry (CSI)
5. Commit to continue research in the following academic year
How To Apply:
If you would like to apply to become a Peer Mentor with the Office of Undergraduate Research and Inquiry please complete the list below and email all application materials or questions to email@example.com
1. Complete all sections of the online application
2. Provide a current CV or resume by emailing an attachment with the file name: lastname_firstinitial_mentorapplication2014
3. Provide a letter of recommendation from your faculty research mentor
4. Prepare for an interview upon request
For more information on the Peer Mentor Program please visit this link: http://www.fau.edu/ouri/peermentor_program.php
This application was adapted from the University of Central Florida's Office of Undergraduate Research.
This program is part of our University’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) efforts at expanding a culture of undergraduate research and inquiry at FAU.