J Camp's goal is to develop the next generation of journalists. This six-day training camp brings together a multicultural group of high school students from across the nation to sharpen their journalism skills and work together in a unique learning environment. The curriculum consists of interactive workshops, hands-on training, and field trips.
ONLINE APPLICATION STEPS: (PREFERRED METHOD)
Please complete the following form and e-mail the additional materials to:
with the subject line “J Camp 2012 Application; Name, City, School.”
1) Submit the completed J Camp application form.
2) Answer the following two questions in essay form.
Each essay should be 250 words or less, typed and double-spaced.
Attach your essays (saved under name/city format: i.e. Jane_Doe_Chicago.doc)
A) If you can interview any living person, who would it be and why? What would you ask that person?
B) Why do you think you should be one of the students selected for J Camp?
You are welcome to provide any materials you think would support your application to J Camp. We also welcome a video submission (one minute or less) telling us why you think you are a good candidate. You can upload to YouTube and please provide the link where it can be viewed by our submissions panel. If you would like to send articles, please attach them with your e-mail.
4) Scan and attach your most recent transcript from your current school.
5) Attach a letter of reference from a teacher or school administrator.
If you cannot email the required materials and must use regular mail.
1) Please make 3 copies of all materials.
2) Please do not staple materials together. Use paper clips.
3) Submit 3 sets of application materials altogether in one package to:
2012 J CAMP
5 Third Street, Suite 1108
San Francisco, CA 94103