CICS and zFS Customer Survey
As we move forwards we are likely to see further CICS artifacts deployed to zFS, as such it would be very interesting to know the following about the usage of USS files in your CICSplexes
1. Do you use zFS or HFS or a mix of the two for your CICS USS files?
Presuming you know HFS is stabilised
2. What CICS application resources do you use today in HFS/zFS?
Pipeline config files
JVM profiles and/or logs
Atom config files
3. What zFS directory location do you store these files in?
The CICS region userid's home directory
/usr/lpp/cicsts filing system
4a. Where do you store the master copy of these CICS USS files?
USS, zFS, HFS
3rd Party source code management system
4b. What mechanism do you use to copy/promote USS components from your development to test to production environments?
5. Do you allow FTP access to CICS USS files?
As used by the CICS Explorer Export functions
6. Do you have cloned CICS systems (i.e AORs) on different LPARs in a CICSPlex that need to share the same USS files, if so how do you do this?
7. Do you use sysplex r/w sharing of your zFS mounts, or is this viewed as too expensive?
Bearing in mind the improved performance for read caching in zFS in V1R11 and direct writes in V1R13
No (too expensive)
8. Do you secure access to USS files?
If no then skip to question 9
8a. Do your CICS regions run under the same user id (uid) or the same group id (gid) for the purposes of accessing zFS?
Same userid (uid)
Same group id (gid)
8b. Do your systems administrators use a unique uid in a common group, or share a userid for the purposes of accessing zFS?
Unique uid in common group
8c. Do you use UNIX permission bits (i.e rwxrwx--/770) or USS Access Control Lists (setacl) to control file access?
UNIX permisson bits
USS Access Control Lists
9. Do you have CICS applications that connect across CICS regions in different sysplexes?
Using the term application in the business sense. If no then skip to question 10
9a. If yes, Do you ever have the need to share USS files for these applications?
If no then skip to question 10
9b. If yes, How do you do this?
9c. If you don't use NFS mounts, would your organization allow NFS mounts to share zFS files between sysplexes?
10. If you use CPSM do you have CICSPlexes that include CICS regions on different sysplexes?
Don't use CPSM
11. If you have CPSM do you run multiple CICSPlexes on the same sysplex ?
Don't use CPSM
12. Any other comments?
Anything else that you would like to bring to our attention
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
Terms of Service