Bessarabia SIG Survey
Please respond to as many of these questions as you can.
About how long have you been researching your family heritage in Bessarabia?
What towns are you most interested in?
(Please check as many as you need).
What sections of Bessarabia SIG website are of most value to you?
What Bessarabia SIG projects are of value to you?
(see details of projects on our website under "Current Research projects.")
1. Bessarabia Vital Records
2. Bessarabia Revision Lists
3. Geographical Dictionary
4. List of people in Bessarabia persecuted by the Soviets during 1940-41
5. Business Directory 1924-25
6, 7. Cemetery Projects, including Beltsy project
8. Unknown Photos
9. Create more KehilaLink Website for Bessarabian towns and shteitlakh
10. Arrange to have websites for the towns and shteitlakh developed outside of JewishGen included to JewishGen - KehilaLinks
11. Develop a guide for how to contact and use Moldavian National Archive
12. Obtain from USC Shoah Foundation Institute VIDEO TESTIMONIES OF HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS FROM Bessarabia
13, 14. Social Estate of Jews in Bessarabia in 19th century and Migration of Jews
15, 16. Promote translation of Bessarabia towns Yizkor books and Encyclopedia of Jewish Communities
17. Transliterate Landsmanshaften groups records for towns and districts in Bessarabia
18. American Archives, Libraries (review of pertinent material for our site)
19. Translate graduation records from Kishinev Gymnasium 1872-1882
20. Yiddish Theatre biographies
Can you help with some of the projects above? Please specify.
We need project coordinators, translators, transcribers, web specialists, town leaders, archive researchers.
Are there NEW projects or activities you would like the SIG to consider, or new sections of our website that you think should be added or improved?
(please briefly describe them)
What is your level of interest in learning about the social, cultural, economic and political influences of the era when your family lived in Bessarabia?
Not at all
What is your level of interest in learning what your ancestral town is like today?
Not al all
Are you interested in historic maps of the area?
Not at all
If so, what regions, towns and time periods are of interest for you?
Should our SIG convene occasional conference calls or webinars to discuss relevant issues or to hear someone speak about a specific Bessarabia research-related topic?
(Note: Jewish Gen offers a number of excellent classes at various levels to learn about research strategies, databases, getting started, etc. )
Have you ever purchased a photo of your family’s shtetl or other historic area?
What is the level of importance to you that your children or other relatives develop an interest in their Bessarabia heritage?
Not at all
What have you done to preserve your family ancestry?
created a video family history or story
collected records, documents
interviews of family members
Are you a member of a regional Jewish Genealogical Society?
(e.g. Greater Boston)
Have you participated or plan to participate in the International Conferences on Jewish Genealogy?
(check all which apply)
in 2011 in Washington or before
Plan to participate in 2012 in Paris
Plan to participate in 2013 in Boston
Feel free to offer any additional suggestions or comments.
(we would like to have your name and email should we want to communicate with you regarding your interests or suggestions)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
Terms of Service